The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Do I hold the record for the longest wait?

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:49 AM
Reaction score
Based in New Zealand. Ordered mine June 10th 2022, signed contract in Jan 2023. Build apparently completed in April 23, but is showing as "not yet booked" for transport. So it seems the car hasn't left Europe yet. It's at least 4 weeks on a boat and a further 2 weeks before hitting the dealer typically, so my guess is late October at the very soonest (before I get my car). In view that cars have been arriving in NZ since June, I'm at a loss to understand why a car would be sitting for 4 months waiting for transport! Very frustrating!

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:49 PM
Reaction score
Based in New Zealand. Ordered mine June 10th 2022, signed contract in Jan 2023. Build apparently completed in April 23, but is showing as "not yet booked" for transport. So it seems the car hasn't left Europe yet. It's at least 4 weeks on a boat and a further 2 weeks before hitting the dealer typically, so my guess is late October at the very soonest (before I get my car). In view that cars have been arriving in NZ since June, I'm at a loss to understand why a car would be sitting for 4 months waiting for transport! Very frustrating!
I reserved earlyand ordered first day, my car was built in January but sat in Batch and hold for months, mine was delivered yesterday Sept 24th. I know of many cars ordered same as mine that were delivered before mine and VIN numbers well after mine that were delivered before mine. Can’t explain exactly why it is so variable, only logical explanation is that some cars that fail the batch and hold have to wait for parts that are delayed.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can't see on the website where it says it is waiting for transport.
Mine still says in production but I have been told it is on a ship off Perth.
I assume there are a lot less RORO ships going from Brussels to New Zealand, so that may be causing delays.
Unfortunately vehicles sell in such small numbers in NZ and they mostly come from Asia not Europe.
There seems to be shipments from UK, Japan, US & China but not common from Europe.
1692912339761.png

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reserved 21stJan 2022.
Ordered 20th May 2022.
Contract signed 13th Mar 2023.
In production 11th May 2023.
Passed batch and hold 10th Jun 2023 and awaiting a vessel.
I contact the dealer monthly, no updates.

I feel your pain!

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can't see on the website where it says it is waiting for transport.
Mine still says in production but I have been told it is on a ship off Perth.
I assume there are a lot less RORO ships going from Brussels to New Zealand, so that may be causing delays.
Unfortunately vehicles sell in such small numbers in NZ and they mostly come from Asia not Europe.
There seems to be shipments from UK, Japan, US & China but not common from Europe.
View attachment 7824737
The Ineos website is a waste of space for updates. Mine is showing in production still, even though I was told it was built in April. The local dealer seems to be able to access more detailed data, but whether that is more accurate or complete is also doubtful. In the current age of traceability, I can only assume that this is a deliberate strategy from Ineos, to keep people guessing.

stuart1927

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Reserved 21stJan 2022.
Ordered 20th May 2022.
Contract signed 13th Mar 2023.
In production 11th May 2023.
Passed batch and hold 10th Jun 2023 and awaiting a vessel.
I contact the dealer monthly, no updates.

I feel your pain!
It almost makes me feel better, but I wouldn't want anyone to go through a similar experience! I know there are worse things going on in the world right now and waiting for a car is a bit of a first world problem......but it's still annoying! At this rate, I've waited so long, I may even have gotten onto a Toyota waiting list!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It almost makes me feel better, but I wouldn't want anyone to go through a similar experience! I know there are worse things going on in the world right now and waiting for a car is a bit of a first world problem......but it's still annoying! At this rate, I've waited so long, I may even have gotten onto a Toyota waiting list!
I have mentioned before on here however my company has been waiting for 5 x RAV 4's since early 2022.
They were due April 2023
This was then delayed to July 2023
They were then told they would be another 6-12 months
No guarantee what the spec or price will be.
These are replacements for vehicles that are now getting very old or are for new employees who have opted for company cars.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have mentioned before on here however my company has been waiting for 5 x RAV 4's since early 2022.
They were due April 2023
This was then delayed to July 2023
They were then told they would be another 6-12 months
No guarantee what the spec or price will be.
These are replacements for vehicles that are now getting very old or are for new employees who have opted for company cars.
Hey, I paid a $100 deposit on a CyberTruck about a year before I paid a deposit on the Grenadier, so far no confirmation they will every be in Australia, no way to make an order, they only started production about a week ago, and there is no practical way to ask for your refundable deposit back.
Bu that standard INEOS is a stellar performer.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Reserved 30 September 2021, 10am (exactly when they opened at midnight GMT).
Ordered 19 May 2022
Contract 30 November 2022
Built Jan 2023, VIN in the 800s.
Landed 3-4 August
Paid 9 August.
695 days.
Either still on the dock or on its way to the dealer but can't take delivery until September due to travel, which was supposed to be in the Grenadier. :confused:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
No
I win.
  • Didn't know there was such a thing as Ineos Grenadier until February 2022
  • Placed reservation march 2022
  • Placed order July 2022
  • Signed contract April 2023
  • It's on a boat off Perth August 2023
  • Should arrive Brisbane late September 2023
  • Expect delivery October 2023.
  • Open for further changes.
  • Will get it when I get it
  • Hopefully it will have software update and all accessories by then.

Bushguide

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
No
I win.
  • Didn't know there was such a thing as Ineos Grenadier until February 2022
  • Placed reservation march 2022
  • Placed order July 2022
  • Signed contract April 2023
  • It's on a boat off Perth August 2023
  • Should arrive Brisbane late September 2023
  • Expect delivery October 2023.
  • Open for further changes.
  • Will get it when I get it
  • Hopefully it will have software update and all accessories by then.
Mine is at anchor off Freemantle and has been for over a week now waiting for a berth and then travel to Melbourne and finally to Brisbane sometime

Shippa

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:49 PM
Reaction score
I reserved earlyand ordered first day, my car was built in January but sat in Batch and hold for months, mine was delivered yesterday Sept 24th. I know of many cars ordered same as mine that were delivered before mine and VIN numbers well after mine that were delivered before mine. Can’t explain exactly why it is so variable, only logical explanation is that some cars that fail the batch and hold have to wait for parts that are delayed.
I think Ineos are delivering vehicles based on profit margin. All of you early adopters have your price fixed and hence no profit in the delivery. I ordered 23/1/23 and was told by Ineos that mine goes into production this week. Still no contract so can't get vin until contract is signed.
Watching inbox expectantly!

Back
Top Bottom