The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Do I hold the record for the longest wait?

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:57 PM
Reaction score
I definitely get the feeling they have prioritised delivering the Belstaff edition builds over regular station wagon or utility builds.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
I definitely get the feeling they have prioritised delivering the Belstaff edition builds over regular station wagon or utility builds.
I thought it was reservation/ order priority over type, since the production line can handle type and colour irrespective. Maybe the initial orders were for Belstaff builds and just seems that way to those that have gone with the commercial.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought it was reservation/ order priority over type, since the production line can handle type and colour irrespective. Maybe the initial orders were for Belstaff builds and just seems that way to those that have gone with the commercial.
That’s what we’ve been repeatedly told by Ineos, but here I am still waiting after making the early hand-raising deposit on hour one, day one in 2021!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Lol! Ordered July 2022. Have not yet seen a contract and have heard nothing from Ineos Customer Service. Do I win?
No
I ordered mine on July 21st
Signed a contract and Grenadier on a boat off the coast of Australia.
If only you had gone 1 day earlier

Overland Journeyman

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I can't see on the website where it says it is waiting for transport.
Mine still says in production but I have been told it is on a ship off Perth.
I assume there are a lot less RORO ships going from Brussels to New Zealand, so that may be causing delays.
Unfortunately vehicles sell in such small numbers in NZ and they mostly come from Asia not Europe.
There seems to be shipments from UK, Japan, US & China but not common from Europe.
View attachment 7824737
Just to give you some idea... i reserved sept 2021, ordered may 22nd 2022, signed feb 2023
It arrived in aussie via kembla i think late june. Handed over late july in melbourne with everything other than the rear table. But the website still says its in production. not even shipped yet.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:57 AM
Reaction score
That’s what we’ve been repeatedly told by Ineos, but here I am still waiting after making the early hand-raising deposit on hour one, day one in 2021!
When I was visiting the factory in Hambach end of June, there were some cars who were taken off the line after quality control, because one or the other bigger issue to be solved.
They were also "sampling" the production line: one out of X cars (I don't remember the X) was delayed for delivery, because they did a thorough Quality Control check on it. I don't know how long this takes, but I would expect a day or two longer before liberating the car.
Perhaps you were one of the unlucky guys. On the other hand, if it was a thorough quality check, perhaps you can see yourself as lucky!
Anyway: I understand your suffering: sick of waiting :sick:

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would be more than happy if it were quality checks. I guess this will be evident when I finally get it… or not.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would be more than happy if it were quality checks. I guess this will be evident when I finally get it… or not.
quality control - absolutley but post unloading at port??

e.g. my Grenadier was delivered at port third week of July & still not even at my agent, whereas other cars delivered at same port 10 August. delivered to owners 25 August.

Why - another layer of Grenadier quality control at the port ?

nzmark

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Based in New Zealand. Ordered mine June 10th 2022, signed contract in Jan 2023. Build apparently completed in April 23, but is showing as "not yet booked" for transport. So it seems the car hasn't left Europe yet. It's at least 4 weeks on a boat and a further 2 weeks before hitting the dealer typically, so my guess is late October at the very soonest (before I get my car). In view that cars have been arriving in NZ since June, I'm at a loss to understand why a car would be sitting for 4 months waiting for transport! Very frustrating!
Hi @stuart1927 . I'm also based in NZ. I put my $800 deposit down on 14/10/2021 and then the remaining $4,200 on 19/05/2022 which confirmed my order. Contract was signed on 3 March 2023:
1693977165900.png
I received an eMail on 22 June 2023 asking me to ensure that I paid my final invoice 2 days prior to uplifting my car. I assumed that it meant it was out of "production" and into "transit" however as you can see, it is still in "production". I was away so phoned our agent on the Monday after we returned to be told that he was looking at my car - to my absolute astonishment. I picked the car up on 29 June 2023, however it is still in "production". All very weird and I'm still waiting on the "Belstaff eMail" with my unique code, which can't be generated until my car has been delivered!!! (Wondering if I might get a second one 🤣)

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:27 PM
Reaction score
By way of an update, I have now been told that my vehicle is “In Production” and that I have signed my contract…
Which is very interesting given the fact that I have never seen let alone signed a contract!
IA, you’ve done it again!!

ppapaioa

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

I too am in production with no contract due to pricing issues. My order summary is the same as your and if you click on the contact it will error out due to no contact. I suspect this is a workflow issue in there system so just bypassing to show the latest status.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:57 PM
Reaction score
By way of an update, I have now been told that my vehicle is “In Production” and that I have signed my contract…
Which is very interesting given the fact that I have never seen let alone signed a contract!
IA, you’ve done it again!!
Was this told to you by a person or the website? Mine also now showing "in production" on website but was told by person it was built in July, and now awaiting transit. So probably this is a batch updated for Aus buyers?

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Was this told to you by a person or the website? Mine also now showing "in production" on website but was told by person it was built in July, and now awaiting transit. So probably this is a batch updated for Aus buyers?
I was told in an email from IA Customer service that my car was in production about 2 weeks ago (after some pretty incessant emailing on my part). When I then checked my online account portal, I also discovered that my account says that I have also signed a contract, which I definitely have not. So IA have built my car, without me signing off on the final specs listed in any contract. It’s completely ass-about in my view. The process should have been -Deposit, Contract signing, production, transport. But what they have actually done is - Deposit, production and then nothing!!

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Matt,

I too am in production with no contract due to pricing issues. My order summary is the same as your and if you click on the contact it will error out due to no contact. I suspect this is a workflow issue in there system so just bypassing to show the latest status.
I just don’t understand how they can manufacture a car without the customer signing off on the final specs. It makes no sense. Plus, I have now been given no opportunity to make any changes to my order, which IA said would be possible in all their emails and on line information regarding ordering.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was told in an email from IA Customer service that my car was in production about 2 weeks ago (after some pretty incessant emailing on my part). When I then checked my online account portal, I also discovered that my account says that I have also signed a contract, which I definitely have not. So IA have built my car, without me signing off on the final specs listed in any contract. It’s completely ass-about in my view. The process should have been -Deposit, Contract signing, production, transport. But what they have actually done is - Deposit, production and then nothing!!
I am surprised by this.
I did the deposit, then the order, then signed the contract, then car went into production.
My dealers were both able to keep me informed along the way
I have never asked Ineos myself as both my dealers, first SLRV and then Ignition have been able to keep me informed even before I ask them.
I refuse to believe they have special powers or insights that other dealers don't have.
They were able to tell me which vessel the vehicle was on and the VIN number.
While Ineos is really struggling, and I agree has dropped the ball on a lot of issues, I think you need to be asking your dealer why other dealers have information they don't.
I have had a steady stream of updates from Ineos and more importantly from my dealers.
initially Ric from SLRV called me to keep me up to date and then when I changed to Ignition when i moved they have also kept me up to date with emails.
telling me which vessel my vehicle is on allows me to track it without annoying them.

1694428583991.png1694428611150.png1694428666574.png1694428737012.png

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:57 AM
Reaction score
Our vehicle is still in production though it is paid for, complete with all options, registered and on the road. It looks ace, drives fine but has not yet been challenged with a loaded trailer or off road driving.
Ineos are just finding it a bit difficult to keep up to date on their website. C’est la vie.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am surprised by this.
I did the deposit, then the order, then signed the contract, then car went into production.
My dealers were both able to keep me informed along the way
I have never asked Ineos myself as both my dealers, first SLRV and then Ignition have been able to keep me informed even before I ask them.
I refuse to believe they have special powers or insights that other dealers don't have.
They were able to tell me which vessel the vehicle was on and the VIN number.
While Ineos is really struggling, and I agree has dropped the ball on a lot of issues, I think you need to be asking your dealer why other dealers have information they don't.
I have had a steady stream of updates from Ineos and more importantly from my dealers.
initially Ric from SLRV called me to keep me up to date and then when I changed to Ignition when i moved they have also kept me up to date with emails.
telling me which vessel my vehicle is on allows me to track it without annoying them.

View attachment 7826558View attachment 7826559View attachment 7826560View attachment 7826561
I think you have THE most positive customer experience of anyone on this forum DaveB. My experience has been nothing short of disappointing, frustrating and bewildering. I am still no closer to a contract, despite my car having already been built (just how, I don‘t understand) and my local dealer here in Adelaide contacted Ineos Australia for an update and they had no new information. It’s just not the way to run any company, new or old.

Back
Top Bottom