The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Dissent Off-road sliders - new product release

ADVer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
For those still looking for a slider that also functions as a step, Dissent Off-road just released a set for the Grenadier. No affiliation other than being close by geographically (Colfax, CA), seeing firsthand the quality of their facility and design/manufacturing processes, and other examples of their products, i.e. they make good solid stuff. $1795 for the set.
IMG_3174.pngIMG_3175.png

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I can attest to how good of a product this is, it’s super solid and high quality manufacturing.

That’s my rig in the photos and took those photos yesterday and today. Even my wife was commenting how great they look and functional they are (she’s 5’-6”).

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:01 AM
Reaction score
I can attest to how good of a product this is, it’s super solid and high quality manufacturing.

That’s my rig in the photos and took those photos yesterday and today. Even my wife was commenting how great they look and functional they are (she’s 5’-6”).
Those look great!
I really like their Land Cruiser offerings.

If you have time, could you post a pic of them with the door open?
Maybe one with your foot on the tread?

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:01 AM
Reaction score
I like them - but I don't love the idea of sending my $2000 off (shipped) for a part that is estimated to take two plus months to deliver. In fact, that stopped my order.

1000012454.png

I'm more likely to order the stockers from my dealer and pay for them when I pick them up.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seems like there are a lot of holes for dirt/ mud to accumulate in and challenging to get out :(

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I like them - but I don't love the idea of sending my $2000 off (shipped) for a part that is estimated to take two plus months to deliver. In fact, that stopped my order.

View attachment 7846411

I'm more likely to order the stockers from my dealer and pay for them when I pick them up.
If you can't afford $2K, there's no shame in that. This is literally their first run and they're about 6 weeks out for getting their first batch done.

If you don't need/want a step, or don't mind the 3.5" of lost clearance with the stock sliders, I'd stick with the stock sliders. You can even buy mine, I won't be needing them.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you can't afford $2K, there's no shame in that. This is literally their first run and they're about 6 weeks out for getting their first batch done.

More like if they can't afford to produce their product without taking my money first.

Because that's the problem. When they have stock on hand, I'll have no problem buying them.

Is there a reason you are being passive aggressive and defensive? We're just discussing the pros and cons from our perspective.

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:01 PM
Reaction score
They remind me a little of the Buzz product although I think the Buzz product is 3mm stainless prior to powder coat. Aesthetically, I still prefer my Buzz sliders but these appear to be a very solid product also.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If they bolt to the same spot the factory sliders do, and the frame is lower than the body, where is the 3.5" of clearance measured?

terdrocket

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If they bolt to the same spot the factory sliders do, and the frame is lower than the body, where is the 3.5" of clearance measured?
I am betting it's a comparison to the stock steps, not sliders.

Local time
Reaction score
As a point of reference Dissent is highly regarded in the Land Cruiser community with bumpers and sliders that have some of the best function, strength and aesthetics available for the platform. Yes much of their product is made to order. They do not have the resources of a company like ARB.

Regarding the bolt together construction, if that seems inadequate then there is no reason to be comfortable with bolting any slider to the frame. The frame mounting bolts are just as much a possible failure point.

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More like if they can't afford to produce their product without taking my money first.

Because that's the problem. When they have stock on hand, I'll have no problem buying them.

Is there a reason you are being passive aggressive and defensive? We're just discussing the pros and cons from our perspective.
Hahaha, you're being serious aren't you?

Maybe look at the speck in your eye first, how ever you took that, I was not being passive aggressive nor defensive (though I am now defending myself that I wasn't being defensive which is ironic...), it's a simple speculation on your comment of not wanting to send $2K off.

And for your reference, I got the prototype and first manufactured set that had been completed just two days prior. Three weeks before that, Brian Fulton of Goose Gear drove his Grenadier to the Dissent facility to have them 3D scan the vehicle for sliders, bumpers, and whatever else they are coming up with. I literally had the first set off the press for the purpose of test fitting them BEFORE they can mass produce them.

So your statement of "more like if they can't afford their product without taking my money first" is literally such a joke, because there has been ZERO time to build any stock without having test fit the product first. It's not an affordability issue. Did you not put $400 down to reserve your Grenadier, or did you wait until one showed up at a dealer to get one? You literally did not think that statement through before you typed it out, so you get a pass this time because I know next time you will think it through, but your arrogance is palpable and on display for everyone to see.

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They remind me a little of the Buzz product although I think the Buzz product is 3mm stainless prior to powder coat. Aesthetically, I still prefer my Buzz sliders but these appear to be a very solid product also.
The Buzz product is made of stainless steel so it is technically a more expensive material. Similar looking slider, but the mounting is different. I'd love to see what their load results yielded. The Dissent offering deflected 1/4" while being jacked in the center and wheels off the ground.

Back
Top Bottom