The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Build Thread Rupert's Overlanding Build

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
The next part gets to be a little frustrating, but with some tenacity you will be able to knock it out. Word to the wise, follow Bruce's lead as he installed the two black headed bolts to the bumper first although the instructions suggest attaching the silver bolt first. If you follow Bruce's guidance, then you should have no trouble attaching the silver bolt. See the picture here:

View attachment 7845077

By attaching the two black screws first screwing ino the bracket, then all that is needed is the washer behind the bracket and then insert the sliver bolt. After that check the torques and then you should be able to insert the rubber caps into the fron of the bumper and you are done!

Last, but not least, feel free to drop me a PM if you have troubles.
would you mind sharing the torque specs? The QR Code isn’t working for me but thanks to you and Bruce’s pics I’ve got everything bolted up, just need to tighten to the right specs

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:36 AM
Reaction score
First, as I mentioned I am taking delivery tomorrow of my slate blue Trialmaster with oxford white top. Mods currently planned are the White KNuckle Off Road Sliders. I ultimately went with White Jnuckle

I did quite a bit of research on the sliders and was trying to find something that I felt confident would support the weight of the vehicle when crashing over a rock. I reached out to Buzz Overland in the UK. Alex was the first to field my request to order the sliders and advised me of the US Distributor, OK4WD.

I'm a bit confused by this post--did you go with White Knuckle sliders or Buzz Overland? I've had a set of White Knuckle sliders on my Dodge Ram 2500 for about 6 years now. They are fantastic sliders, built like a tank, but the powder coating is crap. They are rusting badly here in the salty Utah climate while other powder coated things are not. I highly recommend ordering bare steel from WK and having them blasted and coated heavily locally.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:36 AM
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused by this post--did you go with White Knuckle sliders or Buzz Overland? I've had a set of White Knuckle sliders on my Dodge Ram 2500 for about 6 years now. They are fantastic sliders, built like a tank, but the powder coating is crap. They are rusting badly here in the salty Utah climate while other powder coated things are not. I highly recommend ordering bare steel from WK and having them blasted and coated heavily locally.
I actually cancelled the Buzz and ordered the WK. I have had WK on three vehicles, beat the crap out of them and they have never failed.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK, its been a while. Been super busy at work but I did get my sliders and have installed them. Here are some pics. I have never had anything so easy. They literally bolted up with 11 bolts (each side). I'll try and post up some pics tomorrow.

Rupert

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here are some slider pics. I added some tread just to avoid slipping. Pretty crappy job on that install so I’ll prolly do it again later. Enjoy the pics of the White Knuckle sliders!!

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0062.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 41

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:36 AM
Reaction score
Here are some slider pics. I added some tread just to avoid slipping. Pretty crappy job on that install so I’ll prolly do it again later. Enjoy the pics of the White Knuckle sliders!!
Hi Rupert, Pleasure chatting with you earlier. Those White Knuckle Sliders look great. Enjoy! DaBull

Back
Top Bottom