The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Differences between grenadier versions

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:39 PM
Reaction score
So currently trying to find a reasonable configuration for the Ineos. There is the Utility vs Station in Trialmaster and Fieldmaster. What is the difference between these three? The website doesn't really clear that up for me.
Additionally I am wondering how modular the backseat row is. Mainly I would use the "trunk" for sleeping/storing/travel-living-compartment. But having such a big car and not being able to take more than one additional passenger is also quite a stretch and it would be nice to have the option to switch to multipassenger. Anyone already have some idea about this?

Unfortunately I don't have a dealer nearby and rely on what the website and youtube (which is not much) is offering.

Best
denym_

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I understand perfectly your question. I have the same wishes: I would like to be able to sleep in the car if needed without dismounting the back seat. But as long as I don't really have the car, it is difficult to come up with solutions now, but I have some ideas.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
Just looked at his details. One of you chaps from Germany might be best to explain. In UK, road tax is one good reason for the choice made.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
City Berlin : probably Germany :unsure: although could as well be USA :p
Assumptions are the mother of all f**k-ups.
You are probably correct, however the US and south America do tend to like the name Berlin

There are 71 places in the world named Berlin!​

Berlin can be found in 18 countries throughout the world.
1671571431150.png

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So currently trying to find a reasonable configuration for the Ineos. There is the Utility vs Station in Trialmaster and Fieldmaster. What is the difference between these three? The website doesn't really clear that up for me.
Additionally I am wondering how modular the backseat row is. Mainly I would use the "trunk" for sleeping/storing/travel-living-compartment. But having such a big car and not being able to take more than one additional passenger is also quite a stretch and it would be nice to have the option to switch to multipassenger. Anyone already have some idea about this?

Unfortunately I don't have a dealer nearby and rely on what the website and youtube (which is not much) is offering.

Best
denym_
This is from the Australian website so find the equivalent on the German site
1671571559483.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Assumptions are the mother of all f**k-ups.
You are probably correct, however the US and south America do tend to like the name Berlin

There are 71 places in the world named Berlin!​

Berlin can be found in 18 countries throughout the world.
View attachment 7798287 :ROFLMAO:
Yes, I said "USA"without checking, and checked while you posted it: 26 places named Berlin in the USA :ROFLMAO:

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So to make things easier. Its Berlin, Germany... every other is a fraud :) That should also reduce the offtopic now.
Wait there are also Fieldmaster and Trialmaster of the Utility wagon? This is now even more confusing and the website configurator does not really show those options.
So currently I understand that the Utility is same as Station just with different seat configuration. But then Why the difference anyways since I can have the Utility with 5 seats which makes it a station again.
Trialmaster and Fieldmaster is basically just a preconfigured version of packages. I could just take the base car and configure it the same way and it would be the same?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So to make things easier. Its Berlin, Germany... every other is a fraud :) That should also reduce the offtopic now.
Wait there are also Fieldmaster and Trialmaster of the Utility wagon? This is now even more confusing and the website configurator does not really show those options.
So currently I understand that the Utility is same as Station just with different seat configuration. But then Why the difference anyways since I can have the Utility with 5 seats which makes it a station again.
Trialmaster and Fieldmaster is basically just a preconfigured version of packages. I could just take the base car and configure it the same way and it would be the same?
I configured what I wanted rom the 5 seat station wagon, the Trialmaster SW & the Fieldmaster SW and the difference was about AUD$400 or 250 euro
I didn't consider the Utility which apart from the rear seat position and angle it also comes with the load divider and no rear side windows.

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I configured what I wanted rom the 5 seat station wagon, the Trialmaster SW & the Fieldmaster SW and the difference was about AUD$400 or 250 euro
I didn't consider the Utility which apart from the rear seat position and angle it also comes with the load divider and no rear side windows.
Ye but when you go through the configurator you can come from each version to the same configuration e.g. the utility wagon can be also fitted read side windows and the station with a load divider. I dont really see any difference and dont think they make 2 different bodies to fit 2 different backseat.
For me it seems there are some essential information missing why would they even come up with those classifications. Why not just start with the base and people configure it to their likings.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ye but when you go through the configurator you can come from each version to the same configuration e.g. the utility wagon can be also fitted read side windows and the station with a load divider. I dont really see any difference and dont think they make 2 different bodies to fit 2 different backseat.
For me it seems there are some essential information missing why would they even come up with those classifications. Why not just start with the base and people configure it to their likings.
All cars start with the same base and have different models as standard.
With the Trialmaster and Fieldmaster "Belstaff" models you also get a free Belstaff jacket

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So they only difference is then that you get a jacket? Because the models don't show any unique feature to the others. Plus utility and station is the same apart from the combinations of included features. So its all the same model just different names its not like a volkswagen and I can reconfigure an Up to a Passat.

stickshifter

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
I understand perfectly your question. I have the same wishes: I would like to be able to sleep in the car if needed without dismounting the back seat. But as long as I don't really have the car, it is difficult to come up with solutions now, but I have some ideas.
Have you seen the drawer kits that goes in the rear compartment? The drawers are supposed to be flush with the rear seats when the seats are folded down. This might work as a sleeping platform. Head-room won't be great when you sit up, but it should work if you are not too fussy. The length of the space isn't great, which has me (perhaps) waiting on the long wheel-base.

Drawers_1.png

P.S. The drawers do not come standard with a dog. The dog is extra.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
In the EU market so far as I am aware , the same as the U.K.,there are not Trialmaster and Fieldmaster versions in the utility spec. Trialmaster and Fieldmaster are classed as station wagon passenger vehicles and attract high road tax. Utility versions in two seat or five seat (rear seats moved 70mm forward to allow more utility space in the rear) are classed as commercial vehicles and attract lower road tax. You can spec a utility vehicle with the same options and accessories as a “Belstaff” version as I have done with a two seater, you just won’t get the Belstaff jacket.
This is far better explained in the downloadable brochure though. Hope this helps.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen the drawer kits that goes in the rear compartment? The drawers are supposed to be flush with the rear seats when the seats are folded down. This might work as a sleeping platform. Head-room won't be great when you sit up, but it should work if you are not too fussy. The length of the space isn't great, which has me (perhaps) waiting on the long wheel-base.

View attachment 7798297

P.S. The drawers do not come standard with a dog. The dog is extra.
I measured the rear cargo area depth. The longest draw system you could get in the back is about 700, maybe 725mm. About a foot shorter than a landcruiser. You’ve got about a foot higher to work with though, so just got to get your head around the logistics of that. I still haven’t measured my 60L engel to see if it will fit.

With a built in fridge slide I’ll want a double drawer system though rather than single. Max width for both is about 1050mm from memory.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I measured the rear cargo area depth. The longest draw system you could get in the back is about 700, maybe 725mm. About a foot shorter than a landcruiser. You’ve got about a foot higher to work with though, so just got to get your head around the logistics of that. I still haven’t measured my 60L engel to see if it will fit.

With a built in fridge slide I’ll want a double drawer system though rather than single. Max width for both is about 1050mm from memory.
I have decided to put an upright 65 or 85 Litre fridge in mine on top of a drawer

1671577160720.png

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have decided to put an upright 65 or 85 Litre fridge in mine on top of a drawer

View attachment 7798301
I’ve seen them before- I think they’d be decent for highway touring but a very poor option on corrugations or rough tracks, you’d have stuff everywhere.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve seen them before- I think they’d be decent for highway touring but a very poor option on corrugations or rough tracks, you’d have stuff everywhere.
Yes I tend to agree
Even Cam says in the video that you have to pack the stuff inside.
I think on rough tracks you would end up with more than just spilt milk.
With a standard chest type fridge my vertically challenged wife (4'11") would never be able to see in it.
Unless I fitted a very expensive and space stealing drop slide.

Back
Top Bottom