The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Differences between grenadier versions

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:51 AM
Reaction score
It's quite a limited space.

The seats sit on 4 corner pillars. Access from the rear is limited by a high sill. The tunnel left side is a straight sloped rather than vertical wall and has some cabling and control boxes attached to it, the tunnel right side has a plateaued slope into the floor.
IMG_20220828_131615.jpg
IMG_20221224_082540.jpg

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Have you seen the drawer kits that goes in the rear compartment? The drawers are supposed to be flush with the rear seats when the seats are folded down. This might work as a sleeping platform. Head-room won't be great when you sit up, but it should work if you are not too fussy. The length of the space isn't great, which has me (perhaps) waiting on the long wheel-base.

View attachment 7798297

P.S. The drawers do not come standard with a dog. The dog is extra.
I had these draws fitted to my Mitsubishi L200, I am very lucky this company - Gearmate - is 25 mins from my house, so was an easy purchase (albeit expensive) and install. Would recommend them.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Right, having read this thread, I am feeling a little panicky as having re-read my order;
- Utility Wagon
other than Seat Covers - Rear Row* (and the short virtual Grenadier Video they send when putting down the deposit) there is nothing to confirm that my order has 5 seats.
Early on in this thread people discuss that there is a 2 or 5 seat version of the Utility Wagon, however, I tried to "re-spec" my order and I cannot recreate it under the Utility Wagon header...
Someone PLEASE ease my panic 🤦‍♂️

Wayneos

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:51 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone have a good picture or rough dimensions of the storage area under the front seats?

Here are some I shot of one of the prototypes in Melbourne. Drivers side (RHD). I didn't think to measure the space. That's car's the tool roll btw.

IMG_6966.jpgIMG_6967.jpgIMG_6969.jpg

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bushman are great fridges - I installed one in my van.
Don’t have and won’t have the upright version, bit I have had a classic Bushman fridge for about 15 years and it is absolutely bulletproof and awesome. Great company as well, about 3 or 4 years ago, many years out of warranty the control panel in mine died and I sent them a message asking if they had a replacement available to buy and asked how much. They sent me a message saying “that shouldn’t have happened” and sent me a new one for free and it took about 3 minutes to replace it myself. Great gear.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Right, having read this thread, I am feeling a little panicky as having re-read my order;
- Utility Wagon
other than Seat Covers - Rear Row* (and the short virtual Grenadier Video they send when putting down the deposit) there is nothing to confirm that my order has 5 seats.
Early on in this thread people discuss that there is a 2 or 5 seat version of the Utility Wagon, however, I tried to "re-spec" my order and I cannot recreate it under the Utility Wagon header...
I’ve ordered a utility and it’s a two seater. As far as i am aware the station wagon is the five seater commercial.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered a utility and it’s a two seater. As far as i am aware the station wagon is the five seater commercial.
When I ordered my IG back in September, I am convinced I was able to spec a 5 sear variant. Similar to what you said back on December 20th

"In the EU market so far as I am aware , the same as the U.K.,there are not Trialmaster and Fieldmaster versions in the utility spec. Trialmaster and Fieldmaster are classed as station wagon passenger vehicles and attract high road tax. Utility versions in two seat or five seat (rear seats moved 70mm forward to allow more utility space in the rear) are classed as commercial vehicles and attract lower road tax. You can spec a utility vehicle with the same options and accessories as a “Belstaff” version as I have done with a two seater, you just won’t get the Belstaff jacket.
This is far better explained in the downloadable brochure though. Hope this helps."

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Mumblepants

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
- Utility Wagon
Contact your local dealer they should be able to check your order. Or jump on the chat on the INEOS website they’re pretty helpful too.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
When I ordered my IG back in September, I am convinced I was able to spec a 5 sear variant. Similar to what you said back on December 20th

"In the EU market so far as I am aware , the same as the U.K.,there are not Trialmaster and Fieldmaster versions in the utility spec. Trialmaster and Fieldmaster are classed as station wagon passenger vehicles and attract high road tax. Utility versions in two seat or five seat (rear seats moved 70mm forward to allow more utility space in the rear) are classed as commercial vehicles and attract lower road tax. You can spec a utility vehicle with the same options and accessories as a “Belstaff” version as I have done with a two seater, you just won’t get the Belstaff jacket.
This is far better explained in the downloadable brochure though. Hope this helps."
Exactly 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe I should have used the term commercial instead of utility in my post in December. There have only ever been four options in the U.K.
Two seat commercial N1, five seat commercial N1, Belstaff Trialmaster M1 and Belstaff Fieldmaster M1 as far as i am aware. Whether it’s registered as N1 or M1 is what matters not whether it’s called a utility or station wagon from my view. Maybe I’ve got it wrong.
You can spec your N1 version with as many extras as you like to bring it up to Trialmaster spec but it will still be a a commercial N1. That’s my understanding anyway. Hope this helps.

jamesfielding

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe I should have used the term commercial instead of utility in my post in December. There have only ever been four options in the U.K.
Two seat commercial N1, five seat commercial N1, Belstaff Trialmaster M1 and Belstaff Fieldmaster M1 as far as i am aware. Whether it’s registered as N1 or M1 is what matters not whether it’s called a utility or station wagon from my view. Maybe I’ve got it wrong.
You can spec your N1 version with as many extras as you like to bring it up to Trialmaster spec but it will still be a a commercial N1. That’s my understanding anyway. Hope this helps.
Hi Logsplitter,
When I spoke to my local dealer this morning, he said that he's had several calls about this very issue and even IA's documents are conflicting with each other so no wonder the customers are a little confused.
You are correct there are only 4 versions, 2 x N1, 2 x M1.
He believes IA have changed the wording on their "design your grenadier" page to try and ease this confusion with
- Utility Wagon - N1 - 2 seats only
- Sation Wagon - N1 - 5 seats - boot divider
- Belstaff Trial Master - M1
- Bellstaff Field Master - M1

So I think we are all correct as the IA information has changed over time. EG: I have ordered the Utility Wagon - 5 Seats - Rear Glass Panels, which is no longer an option if you design you IG today.

caalm

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
I understand perfectly your question. I have the same wishes: I would like to be able to sleep in the car if needed without dismounting the back seat. But as long as I don't really have the car, it is difficult to come up with solutions now, but I have some ideas.

Not sure if this helps, but on the prototype tour they explained that the main difference between the station wagon 5 seater and normal 5 seater (other than the metal instead of windows and the mesh wall) is that the rear seats are 50mm further forward, in the station wage, so that the seats can lie flat.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks all. I think measurement is 70mm less legroom on station wagon compared to Belstaff. I’ve ordered a two seat utility and as a no cost option I’ve ordered rear window glass instead of metal panels. As far as i am aware the five seat station wagon has a half height cargo barrier to suit commercial vehicle requirements. My two seat utility comes with a full height cargo barrier.
Just my thoughts but what do people think of the below. 🤔
There has been quite a lot of talk of people buying a station wagon and then moving the seats back to same position as Belstaff models. I really can’t see that that will be easy, i am sure I read somewhere that additional fixings have to be welded over or torque head bolts fitted to make changes difficult. After three years it may be picked up my MOT testing also. Maybe the fixings will not be there to move the seats back. My view is that the speeding will also be clamped down on with ANPR cameras, again people hope to take advantage of low road tax rates and use the vehicle as a normal passenger car. So many people have done this with double cab pick ups that are too heavy to be classed as dual purpose vehicles. A grey area I know but a skint government needs a way to make extra money with speeding fines. 🤔

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to add to that, warranty claims if needed would be difficult if alterations to seating had been made and in the event of a crash or insurance claim things would become very difficult 😞

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:51 AM
Reaction score
…There has been quite a lot of talk of people buying a station wagon and then moving the seats back to same position as Belstaff models. I really can’t see that that will be easy, i am sure I read somewhere that additional fixings have to be welded over or torque head bolts fitted to make changes difficult….
I attended a nice presentation of two PTO2 vehicles tonight. I asked exactly one question and it has been the one you mentioned.
I was told that the rear seats are fixed with 13 bolts that are unscrewed quite fast. The fixings to put a commercial into a SW setup would be there and not closed by welding something over.
Of course many things will be separate when we see the first customers cars. But at least I got this information now.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I attended a nice presentation of two PTO2 vehicles tonight. I asked exactly one question and it has been the one you mentioned.
I was told that the rear seats are fixed with 13 bolts that are unscrewed quite fast. The fixings to put a commercial into a SW setup would be there and not closed by welding something over.
Of course many things will be separate when we see the first customers cars. But at least I got this information now.
Well that’s surprised me. If you can get away with it then why not do it ,unless you want the extra room in the back .👍🏼

Back
Top Bottom