The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Differences between grenadier versions

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
So currently trying to find a reasonable configuration for the Ineos. There is the Utility vs Station in Trialmaster and Fieldmaster. What is the difference between these three? The website doesn't really clear that up for me.
Additionally I am wondering how modular the backseat row is. Mainly I would use the "trunk" for sleeping/storing/travel-living-compartment. But having such a big car and not being able to take more than one additional passenger is also quite a stretch and it would be nice to have the option to switch to multipassenger. Anyone already have some idea about this?

Unfortunately I don't have a dealer nearby and rely on what the website and youtube (which is not much) is offering.

Best
denym_
As I understand it at least for my market, Australia, the basic vehicle is the station wagon. There is a 2 seat utility version that has a flat floor all the way to the front seats. There is a 5 seat utiliyt version in which the rear seats are further forward than the basic station wagon and fits a euro pallet in the back, the rrar seats fold down, but the floor is not flat, there is a step up where the seats are. In the non utility version there are two additional versions that include a set of option packs, the Filedmaster is more comfort focused pack and the Trialmaster is a more offroad focused pack, but all versions can basically be optioned up to include most of the stuff in other versions. So if you just want a basic vehicle and add a couple of features take the Station wagon and add the couple of things you want. For me I wanted it all, so I chose a Trialmaster and added most of the comfort features of the Fieldmaster to it. So I have a Trialmaster with heated seats and Safari roof and alloy wheels.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
My basic priority was that it must be an Engel. Lasts for decades and freezes down to -18 °C if you want.
I ended up with the Engel MT 35 series. Whoever has one says that this was the best decision ever.

For me, the volume is sufficient.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My basic priority was that it must be an Engel. Lasts for decades and freezes down to -18 °C if you want.
Minus 18. So you can preserve woolly mammoths, perchance?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
If it's a 35 liter Mammoth, yes.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ended up with the Engel MT 35 series. Whoever has one says that this was the best decision ever.

For me, the volume is sufficient.
I ended with a snomaster which even goes down to -22 Degrees. Dont´t exactly know wherefore I need this temperatures but its fast cooling and doesn´t need to much energy.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It takes a whole day to reach minus 18 degrees. That's a marketing number. But it cools down quickly to "normal" refrigerator temperatures, the noise is low and quality and reliability is unbeatable.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bugger. According to the engel website the 60L engel is going to be too long for the back of the IG. That sucks a big one.
I hope Ive got my measurements wrong because it looks like the 40L will barely fit with handles attached.
I've had a Bushman for 14 yrs. Length is 690mm. With the flat lid, it's 35L. With the high lid it's 42L; Flat lid and 'collar' it's 45L and 52L with the collar and high lid. Even after constant use, it still maintains -18 DegC with ease. Both lids ad the collar were included in the kit.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
We have an ARB. 47L. Which seems very reliable and coped well in 45 degree heat of Kalahari. A very useful feature is that the Lid can be lifted up via the hinge or taken off via a dislocation feature in the hinge. We find very useful instead of holding lid up.

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone identify what is under the floor of the two seat commercial. In the 5 seat commercial the batteries and electrics are under the rear seats. I understand the batteries and electrics are slightly farther forward on the two seat version. What is going in the extra space that would have been taken up by the footwell. There must be extra space there as battery’s and electrics are the same although maybe further forward.
any ideas. 🤔

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can anyone identify what is under the floor of the two seat commercial. In the 5 seat commercial the batteries and electrics are under the rear seats. I understand the batteries and electrics are slightly farther forward on the two seat version. What is going in the extra space that would have been taken up by the footwell. There must be extra space there as battery’s and electrics are the same although maybe further forward.
any ideas. 🤔
I am pretty sure there was a post on here showing that some time ago.
Go to the media tab and look through the pictures

Local time
Reaction score
any ideas. 🤔

Sorry I can't answer your question - I'd like to hear the answer too. Here are a couple of photos that might be useful:

Rear_2-seat_1.jpg

Rear_2-seat_4.jpg

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry I can't answer your question - I'd like to hear the answer too. Here are a couple of photos that might be useful:

View attachment 7798426

View attachment 7798427
I am pretty sure the battery etc is still under there which is the reason it has those easy access handles.
There would still be plenty of storage as well I would assume
That will be a great option in the long wheelbase version for overlanding/camping

Local time
Reaction score
I am pretty sure the battery etc is still under there which is the reason it has those easy access handles.
There would still be plenty of storage as well I would assume
That will be a great option in the long wheelbase version for overlanding/camping
Yeah, the battery is still under there - Logsplitter was wondering why the battery is further forward I think (i.e. still in the same approximate location, but further forward than in the station wagon).

I agree - I think the long wheelbase version is going to be great. Less good for technical driving than the shorter version (of course), but in other ways a better overlander / camping vehicle.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
any ideas. 🤔
The batteries will stand the same place as in SW or 5 seat Commercial. There’s no other place to move them. Only the seats are moved a little more to the front

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So that means there should be extra storage space then, where the footwell would have been in the 5 seat version.
Great if there is extra space maybe for tools or compressor. Hopefully someone will clarify. 👍🏼

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Batteries look to be in exactly the same position no matter what model/type is spec'd:
FB_IMG_1665008348769.jpg

Yes there is the extra space of where the footwell is in the seated versions, but rather than one large area, it seems it's divided into 3 much smaller, and some may argue less useful, spaces:

1. Some space in front of the batteries to the front internal wall of the battery box;
2. Space between the front external wall of the battery box to the rear side of the cargo barrier; and
3. Space between the front side of the cargo barrier and the rear of the front seats.

FB_IMG_1665008325596.jpg

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Batteries look to be in exactly the same position no matter what model/type is spec'd:
View attachment 7798458

Yes there is the extra space of where the footwell is in the seated versions, but rather than one large area, it seems it's divided into 3 much smaller, and some may argue less useful, spaces:

1. Some space in front of the batteries to the front internal wall of the battery box;
2. Space between the front external wall of the battery box to the rear side of the cargo barrier; and
3. Space between the front side of the cargo barrier and the rear of the front seats.

View attachment 7798460
Thanks 🙏🏼 as you said not much useable space

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just configured the vehicle I wanted and ordered it.
It costs what it costs.
Dave, I concur exactly... Our Grenadier will "cost what it costs". Sure, I might add some simple things, but it will be after I have had it for a few weeks.
I reread my order - I don't need the tough off-road stuff. My mining engineer son even agreed. I won't use it, and nor will he?
A single battery is me... having a removable battery ECO FLOW or that ilk, similar and lighter than lugging my generators - Handy as this electric stuff is now so light!
I did see a photo, an option for a single matching drawer. That appeals, hiding my rattly stuff! It was a single drawer, but it looked functional; buying ex-plant saves me time... (and I assume/guess the factory warrants it)
Overall my little play at Cessnock vindicated my thoughts on the Grenadier. I need to wait...

My TouaregV8 will go in January - some Grey nomad can take that for his caravan; under 130 K, that engine is not even half-life. The VW it's been a great vehicle, idling in 5th at 1250 RPM at the speed limit on the Nullarbor.
I think it was always too pretty for me... and the dopey electric handbrake used to bug me when it rained!!

Merry Christmas to all - May you all spin your wheels safely while we await our respective adventures
J
PS. My Great Granddad (pictured) was not a Grenadier; he was a Lieutenant in the Guards - A true Scot in both a red suit and busby working for Queen Victoria!

Back
Top Bottom