The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

General Diesel or Petrol

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:39 PM
Reaction score
They should write, who calls for that. Battery makers? Electricity companies ...?

The best is this:

0d1608148b00eacbd3e3ef03dd591421

An artist's impression of Maersk's first methanol-powered container ship, due to start service in mid-2023.

At a first glance this looks like a ship having loaded nothing other than batteries or methanol tanks to get over the ocean. 😂 🙃
Maybe someone needs to show them where lots of the cobalt and lithium comes from to make the batteries
1673134591907.png

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:39 PM
Reaction score
B57. With a 'B' like Bravo, which is the spelling equivalent of the German 'Bertha'.

Perhaps I will call my Grenadier 'Bertha'. :)

We had two famous "Bertha's" in Germany:
- Bertha Krupp. She was for quite some time the De Facto boss of Krupp Stahl.
- The 'Dicke Berta'. Just google it.

So 'Bertha' is probably a good name for a Grenadier. :)

Last edited:

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Diesel here is currently more expensive than petrol afaik. With the engine using less it comes to basically the same outcome. For the diesel then you have to calculate in the adblue and higher maintenance costs. I prob go with petrol and just don't eat for a week each month :)
To the offtopic: I would still go for electric cars. The advantage of cobalt is it can be recycled by 95 percent. If everything goes well we have get a nice industry of electric and battery recycling. Its way better than having wars over a decaying resource named oil which is turned into diesel/petrol.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Old story.

Peak Oil was once predicted for the mid 90s. We‘re still waiting for it.

I'm tired of political ideology bullshit.

denym_

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Old story.

Peak Oil was once predicted for the mid 90s. We‘re still waiting for it.

I'm tired of political ideology bullshit.
Oha ich sehe, eher Stammtischniveau gewuenscht... Bin dann mal raus hier.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The Greens in Germany have always had the deindustrialization of Germany in mind. And all the idiots which get their license to vote just because they are over 18 years old, followed (and still follow) them like the lemmings.

Now, Robert Habeck, a green children book author, is our minister of economy. And thus, the green agenda is on schedule.

Yes, we need Feng Shui more than ever, maybe together with some free hashish or mariuhana to take things easy.

That seems to be their plan.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Greens in Germany have always had the deindustrialization of Germany in mind. And all the idiots which get their license to vote just because they are over 18 years old, followed (and still follow) them like the lemmings.

Now, Robert Habeck, a green children book author, is our minister of economy. And thus, the green agenda is on schedule.

Yes, we need Feng Shui more than ever, maybe together with some free hashish or mariuhana to take things easy.

That seems to be their plan.
Maybe time to move to Australia

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The Soy-Decaf-Latte set has also taken root down south in Oz, maybe opt for the northern regions if packing your bags.
And only visit Tasmania (it's not really Australua) on holiday. We are quite happy with the current population and vibe!
Mind you there are plenty of greens
, but that's what you get for having wilderness.
Diesel vs petrol is like Christian vs Muslim...the same god of oil and ICE is worshipped,
And the Buddhists sit calmly on the sidelines righteoysly watching their evs soak up the sun
Or perhaps not 😉
I reckon stick to your own religion and keep the preaching amongst yourselves.
And buy Killicrankie diamonds for your wives & gfs!

Pipm4000

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:39 PM
Reaction score
Still want an electric car?

From the Australian public broadcaster - ABC
My Tesla has a lithium ferro phosphate battery, no nickel or cobalt, 6 times the longevity and much lower fire risk as well as no need to worry about charging to 100% - basically leave it plugged in all the time. I wouldn’t buy a battery electric car with any other battery type at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom