The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Dealer inventory increasing… good or bad?

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi C64
If your thoughts are of owning this vehicle for a long time and you are fully aware it is not competition for a modern SUV but at the same time, it is great at what it was designed for; press the button and buy it. Nearly 12 months down the line and 9000 miles I have absolutely no regrets. It is comfortable enough on road that I am happy to do 600 miles in a day if required but at the same time, climbing into my wife’s BMW X3 feels like getting into an ultra smooth limousine. None of that phases me. I just love owning my Grenadier.
These are the exact type of motivational responses I was looking for :)

Life is too short. I had this past month a nasty health scare that reminded me time is not guaranteed.

Thank you all and happy Easter to those that celebrate.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:02 PM
Reaction score
Hi C64
If your thoughts are of owning this vehicle for a long time and you are fully aware it is not competition for a modern SUV but at the same time, it is great at what it was designed for; press the button and buy it. Nearly 12 months down the line and 9000 miles I have absolutely no regrets. It is comfortable enough on road that I am happy to do 600 miles in a day if required but at the same time, climbing into my wife’s BMW X3 feels like getting into an ultra smooth limousine. None of that phases me. I just love owning my Grenadier.
I can confirm that 100%.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
x3, I dragged my feet when my order arrived and was on the fence even though I have followed along and was an early build. Suffice to say, I am very happy with it. Like others have said, I consider this a long term vehicle, it is not the only vehicle in my garage... but I am extremely happy with the product and service. It turns heads everywhere you drive and the general quality of it has far exceeded my expectations.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:02 PM
Reaction score
I've nothing to add as some of the experienced owners "have spoken".

My dream car is one that never needs maintenance whatsoever :ROFLMAO:, as if anyone can find one.
I got the IG as what my wife calls a "retirement car", (I am still some years away from retirement).

You will definitely not regret it once you start driving it home... ;)

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Update: pulled the trigger this afternoon. The car just arrived so they need a couple of days to sort it out. In a week and half or so it should be here. I ended up going with a sela green Trialmaster.

Thanks you all for your emotional support. :)
As to the steering when you get used to the fact that you need to turn it back to centre the rest is a total non issue. I just barreled in from Phoenix to La at about 85 most of the way and it’s perfectly fine. I didn’t fly off the road, didn’t have any death wobble, no wandering (now it has a few miles on it) and quite frankly a totally uneventful drive, but quite fresh at the end of it.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Update: pulled the trigger this afternoon. The car just arrived so they need a couple of days to sort it out. In a week and half or so it should be here. I ended up going with a sela green Trialmaster.

Right on C64! Hopefully you get it soon and enjoy!!!

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Hi C64_forwever, Great color and build choice. You will be amazed! DaBull

K2grenadier

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I was at Triad 3 weeks ago and they asked me if I wanted one off the lot. I think people just changed their mind for one reason or another. I am guessing it's a combo of people getting cold feet based on early feedback on builds and those who like the Grenadier but were not serious about really buying. From the limited sample size of what was left on the lot, there seemed to be a lot of vehicles with only a few options.

As for me, I just got my VIN yesterday (out of factory but not on ship) and I am looking forward to moving along the purchasing process. I still have not seen the contract with final dealer pricing, but based on info from this forum, I don't anticipate any issues.

My buddy was at a car show near Tampa, Fl USA last weekend and he told me there was a big crowd around the Grenadier, so I think there is still a lot of interest. From a design and utility standpoint, I think they hit it out of the park.

On a side note, my test ride was great. Power decent ...handling good. . . on road steering acceptable . . .turning radius acceptable. . . .and I can live with ADAS until there is a fix.

Last edited:

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
I was at Triad 3 weeks ago and they asked me if I wanted one off the lot. I think people just changed their mind for one reason or another. I am guessing it's a combo of people getting cold feet based on early feedback on builds and those who like the Grenadier but were not serious about really buying. From the limited sample size of what was left on the lot, there seemed to be a lot of vehicles with only a few options.

As for me, I just got my VIN yesterday (out of factory but not on ship) and I am looking forward to moving along the purchasing process. I still have not seen the contract with final dealer pricing, but based on info from this forum, I don't anticipate any issues.

My buddy was at a car show near Tampa, Fl USA last weekend and he told me there was a big crowd around the Grenadier, so I think there is still a lot of interest. From a design and utility standpoint, I think they hit it out of the park.

On a side note, my test ride was great. Power decent ...handling good. . . on road steering acceptable . . .turning radius acceptable. . . .and I can live with ADAS until there is a fix.

Awesome K2! I've seen some unfavorable, but down to earth observations as well. But I'm moving forward with my purchase. Hope to see my IG soon!!!

nuclearmonkey

Grenadier Ordered
Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score

Of curiosity, when did you place your order? Wondering what current lead times are looking like…

Local time
8:02 PM
Reaction score
I've nothing to add as some of the experienced owners "have spoken".

My dream car is one that never needs maintenance whatsoever :ROFLMAO:, as if anyone can find one.
I got the IG as what my wife calls a "retirement car", (I am still some years away from retirement).

You will definitely not regret it once you start driving it home... ;)
I'm loving this dialogue and it's really useful for me. I'm over in the UK, but my thought processes are identical to a lot of the chat above. I am 3-5 years away from retirement. I've always been conservative, and a saver, so my retirement should be secure.

But I've had a number of close bereavements and cancers in my family over the past 2 years and this is increasing my realisation that I need to live a bit more for the now, as we don't know how long we've got.

I loved my Defender XS to bits, and I love my Range Rover to bits. I was never going to get the Defender to the right combination of rugged utility and luxury - it's just not that kind of truck. And the Range Rover will always be just too much of a lady to drag up a mud trail, even if she would do it as well as a D2.

That's what I can't get away from in the IG. It's totally solid, totally rugged, and when I have time to do more off-roading, I won't have to do anything to it. But it's also good enough to tour for 600 miles in cruise control and see family in the far north.

It is a niche vehicle - AND I AM THAT NICHE. Anyone who feels the same, should just "bloody well buy one"!!

Anyway, to get back on-topic: I think sales in the UK are not reaching Ineos projections. There are a huge number of 2nd hand vehicles - exactly 93 on Autotrader alone at the moment, and the highest mileage is 12,000. The lowest is 4 miles but it still has 1 previous owner. This makes me think I'm going to buy an IG and tomorrow it'll be worth 15k less. WHY?

It is going to come down to what price the dealer will do me. I might be desperate for an IG, but I'm also a tight Scottish git, and if the price isn't right, I'll give it another 6 months in my Range Rover.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm loving this dialogue and it's really useful for me. I'm over in the UK, but my thought processes are identical to a lot of the chat above. I am 3-5 years away from retirement. I've always been conservative, and a saver, so my retirement should be secure.

But I've had a number of close bereavements and cancers in my family over the past 2 years and this is increasing my realisation that I need to live a bit more for the now, as we don't know how long we've got.

I loved my Defender XS to bits, and I love my Range Rover to bits. I was never going to get the Defender to the right combination of rugged utility and luxury - it's just not that kind of truck. And the Range Rover will always be just too much of a lady to drag up a mud trail, even if she would do it as well as a D2.

That's what I can't get away from in the IG. It's totally solid, totally rugged, and when I have time to do more off-roading, I won't have to do anything to it. But it's also good enough to tour for 600 miles in cruise control and see family in the far north.

It is a niche vehicle - AND I AM THAT NICHE. Anyone who feels the same, should just "bloody well buy one"!!

Anyway, to get back on-topic: I think sales in the UK are not reaching Ineos projections. There are a huge number of 2nd hand vehicles - exactly 93 on Autotrader alone at the moment, and the highest mileage is 12,000. The lowest is 4 miles but it still has 1 previous owner. This makes me think I'm going to buy an IG and tomorrow it'll be worth 15k less. WHY?

It is going to come down to what price the dealer will do me. I might be desperate for an IG, but I'm also a tight Scottish git, and if the price isn't right, I'll give it another 6 months in my Range Rover.
Hi, Yes Niche it is and in a good way. I like you have had Range Rovers and still have a 2020 New Defender. Loved them. The Grenadier is a completely different vehicle and I am enjoying it tremendously. Go For It!
DaBull

Grendel

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is the most solidly built vehicle I have driven in with the Mercedes G being the only close comparison. The engine has been fantastic and probably my biggest 'complaint' is that I have to shut my doors on purpose! Pun intended. They shut hard, but oh so solidly!

I hope I have it until the end.

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I owed this group an update. Sela green IG picture below, happy in its new home. After 10 days of ownership, I have zero regrets. The car is solid, drives as expected, has enough oomph on the road, and gets lots and lots of thumbs ups. My family loves it.

Regrets: Only one. I should have gotten the side steps. The car is REALLY tall. My 5'3" wife really has to climb in.

Open issues: The brake wear light continues to be on, I will go down for business to LA in early May and Rusnak will take care of it. They after sales service has been great.

One fun fact I noticed when picking up: the showroom had about 10 Grenadiers, all of them with "sold" placards. I flew into Burbank and my sales guy Michael picked me up with donuts and coffee in the car. I took an early flight so we were at the dealership around 10am. By 11am, while all the paperwork was done and my car ready for delivery, there was a line of guys waiting to take possession of their Grenadiers. The funny part is that ALL of us could have been clones, like Control-C, Control-V copies. All of us were between 45 and 60, all wearing Patagonia or similar vests, etc. You get the point. This car is attracting a very specific demographics because, let us be honest, this is not a cheap car.

I am a fan, not a zealot by the way. I am, as said in other posts, coming in with eyes wide open. Makes the enjoyment much more relaxed.

Drive safely, and let's coordinate a Northern Cali outing soon. The SoCal guys, coordinated by Rusnak, have monthly outings. We should follow suit.

Attachments

• E0317E4F-9558-4C18-B8C2-C8AD5A5C0049.jpg
    E0317E4F-9558-4C18-B8C2-C8AD5A5C0049.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:

C64_forever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is the most solidly built vehicle I have driven in with the Mercedes G being the only close comparison. The engine has been fantastic and probably my biggest 'complaint' is that I have to shut my doors on purpose! Pun intended. They shut hard, but oh so solidly!

I hope I have it until the end.
Totally agree on the door feel. So satisfying.

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
... line of guys waiting to take possession of their Grenadiers. The funny part is that ALL of us could have been clones, like Control-C, Control-V copies. All of us were between 45 and 60, all wearing Patagonia or similar vests, etc. You get the point.
😂 When I was 30-ish (late 90's), I bought an '88 Porsche 928s4. Went to a gathering and it was the same thing. All of us Gen X'ers dreamed about them as kids and finally got them used. Very much a similar group. Funny how some things have such a focused fan base.

Back
Top Bottom