The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Can BMW mechanics do oil change

Jiman01

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:19 AM
Reaction score

TNT647

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, I have. I did my first 4200 miles ago at 650 miles at the dealership in Boise. I intend to do my next at 6000 miles, whether that be at a local shop or upon my return to Philly for a windshield and other misc items.

I don't subscribe to annual or 12k mile oil change schedules, especially not with light weight modern oils and the high humidity environment I live in on the east coast.

6k mile oil changes are cheap insurance, and IMHO expected maintenance.
i agree with you with regards to an early oil change for a new vehicle. it would purge any micro metals during initial break in.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very simple process. only thing I couldn't do, was to reset the service interval. My Autel scanner wont recognize the IG....
Yeah, I asked autel when they planned to support Ineos and the only reply I got was "we do not support Ineos"

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Going for 1st oil change (<750 miles) tomorrow at an 4x4 independent mechanic familiar with BMW engines. Not yet ready to trust the local BMW dealership mechanic.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
(Realize that to many on this Forum below is not new ... to those not as knowledgeable hope it is beneficial)
Oil changed today. Not sure unless they put the oil filter half way down the side of the engine could have been a poorer location 😂. At the very back of and just off to the right - Its a full stretch to reach even for a tall person - thank goodness for that "ledge" of a front bumper! That said the oil plug underneath easy peasy access and discharges straight down (none of this side angle business) and nothing in the path of draining!! Good engineering there👏👏
New filter and 6.8 qrts later ( not 6.9, not 7.0 .... just 6.8 ☺️ ) cranked her up, allow engine to come to temp and onboard system indicated all good within a few minutes (no dip stick measurement :().
726 miles. Went to an independent mechanic with extensive BMW engine experience and 4x4 experience too - I will never go anywhere else!! I feel so fortunate as I am not likely to do this procedure myself - give me a living creature to repair/fix but I leave this engine to others at this point! MY word all those wires/hoses/ etc underneath the engine cover reminded me of Medusa - scary :eek:- thank goodness there is a cover!! Also only ~70 miles away and not 3.5 hrs back to dealership.
Confidence in this early oil change and confidence in the mechanic ... I had a good day :) Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom