The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Buzz Overland - Gutted Grenadier

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:40 AM
Reaction score
Awesome Ryan. Interesting to see the vehicle stripped down like that.

Any of the 3D printer gang think they can improve on the lump of plastic in the middle of the vehicle. 😂

255/85

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
Any of the 3D printer gang think they can improve on the lump of plastic in the middle of the vehicle. 😂

I could never have imagined that wouldn't be simple sheet metal stamping. Must be an entire barrel of North Sea Brent in that thing.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:40 AM
Reaction score
@RyanT Hey Ryan any luck you guys will extend your rocks liters to the QM?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome Ryan. Interesting to see the vehicle stripped down like that.

It's sort of depressing seeing how the sausage is made, once you dig into it. If it makes you feel any better, the glove box in a Beechcraft Bonanza is manufactured from the finest of cardboard, is around 400 bucks for a replacement box, and cannot be substituted per FAA. So, that milk crate look like a keeper to me. :D

dreamalaska

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:40 AM
Reaction score
Wow... the ADAS clicker bugged you THAT much?
The Drive train and Engine will all remain stock. The base vehicle is the Petrol variant. And yes, it will have a few mods and a tune. Nothing too wild as reliability is going to be critical for the events we are planning to enter.

This will be raced in stock class for the events we have planned, so we will be keeping the powertrain OEM to comply with the rules but also really to see what this vehicle is capable of and how much punishment it can take in relatively stock form.

Bucket list trip right there!
Ryan, is Ineos sponsoring any of this?

Reactions: PBD

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome photos - thanks for sharing. I'll speak with @Stu_Barnes and see if we can create a special gallery of everything you've taken.

Out of curiosity, have you inspected the flaps of the HVAC system?

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:40 PM
Reaction score
Love the work that Buzz are doing. I have the sliders and hopefully, in good time, the Eibach lift springs and possibly spacers. Also waiting to see what they come up with in relation to under chassis protection. Very keen to see how the Grenadier performs in competition. Also loving the stuff from SPP Industries as well as the 'Plug & Play' upgrades from Car & Audio. Some innovative stuff out there.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:40 PM
Reaction score
Oh wow... it looks like some of the interior fitment was not completed in the factory - SEND IT BACK UNDER WARRANTY!! :ROFLMAO:
I wonder if this is what it takes to fix the RHD footwell intrusion!! :unsure:
I thought they had just taken pictures of @Jean Mercier working on his Grenadier.

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:40 AM
Reaction score
This is great work, love seeing the Skelton wiring, Ineos fitment is also very nice. It be interesting to know which wire are mirrored behind the driver on European and North American truck. aka swapped sides
I completely agree, for example curious if there are lock/ unlock on both sides. Cheers!

OGrid

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any pics of the RHD driver foot well, with the intrusion, would be appreciated. Side on would be marvellous.

I’m still working out how to minimise its impact on me and somehow make more room for my left foot if possible, thanks.

NixGrenadier2023

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Outstanding images! Have you anything for the drivers footwell? I still have hope to be able to make a better left foot space by re-routing some of the cables and removing the thick padding/floor insert.
...Just noticed that OGrid has asked the same question before me!

(y)

Back
Top Bottom