The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BTG Live

Red pepper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:38 PM
Reaction score
Will be interesting.... I hope we'll get some answers soon.. 

"The time has come to unveil the next step in the Grenadier’s journey. We’ve shown you how this 4x4 has been built on purpose – join us live at 7pm (BST) on 29th September as we reveal how and where you can buy your Grenadier, how we will supply parts and how servicing will be delivered.

Make sure you mark it in your calendar to watch the stream on YouTube and Facebook."

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
I'll keep a running narrative on what I'm seeing so far:

1) USA is 2023 availability. Most other places are 2022.
2) The YouTube comments are full of people who mostly do not know what they are talking about and likely should be ignored.
3) They have moved from sales to service. Service plan looks excellent. They've confirmed the online manual and parts diagrams, and their commitment to being able to fix it. They've also hand-picked Bosch sites to repair.
4) I can't believe what I just heard - they are committing to having a service center within 45 minutes of...Everywhere in Africa.

Read #4 again. That's nuts. And incredible. 

5) What configurations?
- 2 and 5 seat wagons.
- Pickup is coming.
- Otherwise tight lipped -- potential to do more (Service bodies are almost a certainty, I think)
- EVs/Hydrogen question: Alternative Fuels are on the radar. Ineos "is quite good with Hydrogen". 

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
6) UK Pricing?- 2 Seat Commercial is the base model with 48k including VAT in the UK.
- WON'T be a vehicle that has a "start price" of 48k and then doubles as you add stuff. It's $48k for a very capable, well equipped vehicle. 
- Focus is on value (i.e. it's not the cheapest thing out there but there's a lot of vehicle for the model).

7) Crew Cab Pickup timeline:
- More than on the drawing board, coming along well.
- Focus is on getting started and they are being careful not to bite more than they can chew. 

8) BMW Dealers and Service question
- Engines and Powertrain are the most complicated bit.
- BMW is absolutely not exclusive. They are helping in South Africa, but they are also working closely with Bosch Car Service.

9) USA Information
- Yes, 2023.
- This includes Canada according to Mark (Hooray!) but the panel keeps talking about USA. I really just want one of them to say "...and Canada" for 100% confirmation!

10) Production Volume?
- 2026 they want peak production of about 30k vehicles, but have 70k people already interested.
- 2.5 k per year to start in the UK, build to 6k.
- Target of 4k in the USA (Interesting)
- They believe they will hit peak year before 2026.

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry for the multiple posts, just want to make sure I don't hit any Forum Timeouts and lose the "live thread" aspect.

11) Difference between Commercial variant and the 5-seater:
- Commercial classification is based on European standard, and the key difference is the position of the rear seats and the angle of the seat back. The reason is the load space has to have a certain relationship to the wheels and back door, so this is the main difference. Also this means the commercial version is fold flat seats (the floor will be flat! Hooray! - but this is for commercial only).

12) When will we see paint jobs?
- Very, very soon.
- CONFIGURATOR IS GOING LIVE TONIGHT!

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I got a bit excited on that configurator news, sorry.

13) What's the deal with reservations?

Opens tonight at midnight. Opens on the 14th of October for everyone else. Asking for a $450 pound/euro/dollar deposit. This gives you a reservation slot when they start taking orders.

14) best feature on a Grenadier for a dog? (Love this question ?)
- Immense amount of space and no one is going to be upset if you're muddy. Brilliant answer.

Social Media team is going through all the questions in the next few days for those they didn't get to live. 

Looks like things are wrapping up, but this was the play by play I heard over my lunch break! There's a slight feeling of being left wanting, but overall I'm pretty happy - more to be excited for than sad about. 

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
They also said 3 year unlimited miles warranty, depending on local market conditions

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
Re-reading the email about reservation slots, it must be midnight UK time that reservations are opening up, thats in a little over 4 hours ladies and gentlemen.

dominicperry

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
I was told I would get a code - but nothing so far - anyone else have one?

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
dominicperry said:
I was told I would get a code - but nothing so far - anyone else have one?

“We’ll send you a unique code on the day, which you’ll need to access the reservation form on the official Grenadier website.”

So at midnight GMT it should drop. I’ll post if and when mine come in. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the summary. Quite helpful. I came away a bit cold from the presentation. I wish they had spoken a bit more about trim levels and price delta in percentages. As ever US gets it later but like you say it may be for the good. I hope it doesn’t get too delayed like the Yamaha Tenere 700 and miss the Zeitgeist. 

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone get the configurator link yet here in North America?

Ovrland Bill

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Configurator appears to be part of the Reservation process, which requires the PIN Code (which I have not received yet).

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Not yet. But I did get an e-mail notification from this thread a few seconds ago that got my hopes very high ? 

I can’t imagine its just a server delay so assuming our European friends got theirs, my next expectation is sometime after midnight North Carolina time given that’s their NA HQ.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Got mine. Just reserved. Painful process. Needed to create an account again and then code wouldnt work. Finally after email verification it went through.

Paachi

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
And they wont accept AMEX ??

ChasingOurTrunks

Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Paachi said:
Got mine. Just reserved. Painful process. Needed to create an account again and then code wouldnt work. Finally after email verification it went through.

I’m having the same issue - got the code accepted after switching browsers and now am stuck on account creation. I have a feeling I’ll get it done well in time for 2023 though ?

Back
Top Bottom