The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black & White/Grey Leather Seats

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
8:44 PM
Reaction score
In Aufenau on my test drive, the car on display had the leather seats in Black & (White or Grey).

And that's exactly my uncertainty. What I expected to be a bright grey turned out to be almost white. This would eventually be a reason not to go with that. A new Blue Jeans (as an example) often likes to spend some of the blue color to other items, e.g. in the washing machine, or may be as well to white leather. And I am btw. not very fond of a 'white'ish surface of the seats.

So my questions are
  1. Has anyone else seen this design somewhere?
  2. Is the white(ish) look due to the prototype status or is that the final look?
  3. Are my concerns regarding the rubbing off on the leather justified?
Opinions and experiences are welcome!

EDIT: typo & wording

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
In Aufenau on my test drive, the car on display had the leather seats in Black & (White or Grey).

And that's exactly my uncertainty. What I expected to be a bright grey turned out to be almost white. This would eventually be a reason not to go with that. A new Blue Jeans (as an exmaple) often likes to spend some of the blue color to other items, e.g. in the washing machine, or may be as well to white leather. And I am btw. not very fond of a 'white'ish surface of the seats.

So my questions are
  1. Has anyone else seen this design somewhere?
  2. Is the white(ish) look due to the prototype status or is that the final look?
  3. Are my concerns regarding the rubbing off on the leather justified?
Opinions are welcome!
My wife’s six years old X3 has white leather interior which remains virtually unmarked.

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have a Mercedes V-Class, with light beuge leather seats, very nice, makes the interior of the cabin more visually spacious, but,.... I got in it with red corduroy pants, very nice,... and even two years later the seat is still a little red,...

I ordered the Grenadier with leather, and although I thought about ordering the gray leather option, because of the images of the Grenadier that you saw in person, in those images the interior looked very nice, very spacious, but in the end I decided for black leather, my experience with the V-Class weighed a lot.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
4:44 AM
Reaction score
I have a Mercedes V-Class, with light beuge leather seats, very nice, makes the interior of the cabin more visually spacious, but,.... I got in it with red corduroy pants, very nice,... and even two years later the seat is still a little red,...

I ordered the Grenadier with leather, and although I thought about ordering the gray leather option, because of the images of the Grenadier that you saw in person, in those images the interior looked very nice, very spacious, but in the end I decided for black leather, my experience with the V-Class weighed a lot.
My wife recently sold her GLC Benz with the very nice beige Artico seats. They held up well over 5 years but the surface of the driver side bolster wore away. Plus marks did not come out easily and you do not want to scrub the surface!
I had a 2 Landcruisers with beige toned cloth seats and they were brilliant. The last one went for 12 years and showed no marks/wear. I hope the Recaros are as durable.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
I’m genuinely torn on fabric or leather and am thankful I’ll get the benefit of having to wait (which sucks nonetheless) and learn from everyone’s experiences. Truth be told-if either was ventilated/cooled there would be zero decision. I will miss my current leather ventilated seats more than any other part of my current truck.

McPharmer II

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Due to my experiences in Aufenau I've changed my reservation from black/grey seats to just black.
The changes worked fine by Krah&Enders without delay for the production date.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

I would have thought the conclusion was never to wear red corduroy pants again...a good general fashion tip courtesy of Mercedes. 😉

Oscar01

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, you're right, the red corduroy pants were never put back on the car, but it happened again with my wife's new jeans, and there,... I didn't dare to say anything about it, so black leather seats,....

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, you're right, the red corduroy pants were never put back on the car, but it happened again with my wife's new jeans, and there,... I didn't dare to say anything about it, so black leather seats,....
🤷‍♂️

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
A recent pic of the grey / black leather

Attachments

• 6203E0B3-A3FD-4B49-9AFD-E0F62BA944E1.jpeg
    6203E0B3-A3FD-4B49-9AFD-E0F62BA944E1.jpeg
    272.5 KB · Views: 150

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the pictures.

They are similar to what I remember from Aufenau - a bit too white. imho.
Agree emax.

When I saw them on the Melbourne drive last weekend I was a little surprised as I was expecting the inserts to be a light grey or a dark beige but they were very white - like perfect white and my immediate thought was the drivers seat will look grey after 1 year or so of driving

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Me too. I’m hoping some leather protection treatment will do the trick to keep the in good condition.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Agree emax.

When I saw them on the Melbourne drive last weekend I was a little surprised as I was expecting the inserts to be a light grey or a dark beige but they were very white - like perfect white and my immediate thought was the drivers seat will look grey after 1 year or so of driving
Shame Scottish White isn’t that white. 😉

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Me too. I’m hoping some leather protection treatment will do the trick to keep the in good condition.
I wouldn't be overly optimistic but if you and your passengers/pets are very careful you may be able keep them a white shade of pale.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As I have mentioned before. My experience with good quality, light interiors has been very good. Possibly helps that I live in a temperate climate not subject to as much dust and sweat as warmer climates. Hopefully I will be very happy with my two tone choice. If not, Melville & Moon will be called upon sooner than planned. 😊

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:44 PM
Reaction score
White Seats! <--- They do not sell these candies in the States, but beware!

Back
Top Bottom