The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Black & White/Grey Leather Seats

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
I sat in the vehicle at Noosa Ineos last week that had the black & gray leather and they looked and felt really good.
Yes they are more white/cream than gray but I am ok with that
I sat in that one yesterday Dave...the seats felt and looked terrific...it was the first time that I took my time to have the seat in exactly the right position...not one issue ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
I sat in that one yesterday Dave...the seats felt and looked terrific...it was the first time that I took my time to have the seat in exactly the right position...not one issue ;)
I think it is important to find the right seating position for this vehicle, and its ergonomics, rather than trying to make the vehicle fit to your usual position.

Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
In Aufenau on my test drive, the car on display had the leather seats in Black & (White or Grey).

And that's exactly my uncertainty. What I expected to be a bright grey turned out to be almost white. This would eventually be a reason not to go with that. A new Blue Jeans (as an example) often likes to spend some of the blue color to other items, e.g. in the washing machine, or may be as well to white leather. And I am btw. not very fond of a 'white'ish surface of the seats.

So my questions are
  1. Has anyone else seen this design somewhere?
  2. Is the white(ish) look due to the prototype status or is that the final look?
  3. Are my concerns regarding the rubbing off on the leather justified?
Opinions and experiences are welcome!

EDIT: typo & wording
Hi, not wrong it's White definitely not grey.
Just been to see the car as just delivered to Showroom. Bit of a shock to see gleaming white leather. Looks like a pimped out 4 x 4 in Miami not the work horse as I ordered.
Guys wear blue jeans not Guess white jeans.
Even the images Looks grey as I ordered. Moral is never buy before viewing.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi, not wrong it's White definitely not grey.
Just been to see the car as just delivered to Showroom. Bit of a shock to see gleaming white leather. Looks like a pimped out 4 x 4 in Miami not the work horse as I ordered.
Guys wear blue jeans not Guess white jeans.
Even the images Looks grey as I ordered. Moral is never buy before viewing.
What's the agent's take on it? They offering to do anything or talk to Ineos on your behalf?

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think it is important to find the right seating position for this vehicle, and its ergonomics, rather than trying to make the vehicle fit to your usual position.
Dave, I agree. It's taken me a while to find the position that is comfortable for all aspects of the drive. I am tending to sit higher than I normally would have and it has reaped benefits. The left foot rest on RHD vehicle problem has diminished somewhat. Two good drives today, nice to sit in the AC and get cooled down in this heat.

Local time
Reaction score
What's the agent's take on it? They offering to do anything or talk to Ineos on your behalf?
Only option buy covers at over 600 gbp a set.

I think some one at Ineos has the wrong swatch of leather.

Pair of guess white jeans 80 gbp each

No contest, now need to persuade the guys ,

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:38 PM
Reaction score
Only option buy covers at over 600 gbp a set.

I think some one at Ineos has the wrong swatch of leather.

Pair of guess white jeans 80 gbp each

No contest, now need to persuade the guys ,
Just get some leather protection coating on it.
Seats get the same amount of dirty regardless of what colour they are.
It just shows more on white.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Seats get the same amount of dirty regardless of what colour they are.
Your theory is right, but the results vary.

Let a chimney sweep after a long working day sit on a white leather seat or on my black seats. And blue jeans are anything but bleed-proof - in particular if they are humid, be it by sweat, rain or from a visit at the beach.

I'm really happy about my last-minute change to black leather. And it looks to my taste way better than the Miami Vice design. You remember that I was concerned about summer heat. Luckily, the Grenadier has turned out to stay a lot cooler than our black SLK (body paint and leather). The SLK is an oven in the summertime.

typo

Last edited:

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have the light grey seats and very glad I opted for them. Makes for a really light interior and a good excuse for shelling out on the Melville & Moon sand colour covers, for those dirtier days.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:38 PM
Reaction score
Each to his own taste.

You must like it. :)

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 AM
Reaction score
Black leather is hot as heck in summer. I am happy with my choice of grey/black combo to go with Scottish White Grenadier however, tan leather would have been my first choice if it had been available.

As to dirt and color transfer who cares-just buy covers or new leather!

shiv.nandak

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 AM
Reaction score
As someone who has never had a car with black seats, i don't think you should worry too much. I've had two cars with ultra white seats and have not had any staining from jeans. I did have an incident with spilling extremely hot coffee (the whole cup poured into the drivers seat due to the terrible positioning of the cup holders). The "vegan" leather was burnt/stained. I was able to re-dye it easily with some supplies from Amazon. I would buy the white seats again even if i knew they were going to get stained. The enjoyment was worth more than the hassle of re-dyeing it.

Back
Top Bottom