The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Bison-Gear

Supporting Vendor
Local time
10:37 AM
Reaction score
Can you do a false floor for the rear. I think this would be a decent seller and especially if it’s foldable and/or removable.

I have been looking into building one myself for guns underneath and dog box on top. A shelf/false floor means I. Don’t have to break the guns down and they are out of site from any prying eyes. Would be almost impossible to get them out without opening the doors as opposed to just breaking a window.

The photo is from one that is made for the VW ID Buzz.
We will have drawers, we're not planning "false floor".

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
Can you do a false floor for the rear. I think this would be a decent seller and especially if it’s foldable and/or removable.

I have been looking into building one myself for guns underneath and dog box on top. A shelf/false floor means I. Don’t have to break the guns down and they are out of site from any prying eyes. Would be almost impossible to get them out without opening the doors as opposed to just breaking a window.

The photo is from one that is made for the VW ID Buzz.
I'm looking for the exact thing - I just want to level off with the thickness of the folded rear seats. That way it can be a long flat surface if I need it to be. Maybe someone else make a similar product to the VW example.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello,
do you have MOLLE panels for the inside rear window/panels, in my case they are panels?
+1, but for the windows

internal

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
+1 for the two rear doors

BillLumberg

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking for the exact thing - I just want to level off with the thickness of the folded rear seats. That way it can be a long flat surface if I need it to be. Maybe someone else make a similar product to the VW example.
There are a couple of manufacturers making this type of product.

I really like the tailgate gear one. But with a cost of ~$1,700 and shipping of ~$250, I will wait.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not looking for a complete drawer system; just a raised floor (four legs and a platform) that levels the back. I'll try to rig something up once I get the truck and the weather turns warmer.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am not looking for a complete drawer system; just a raised floor (four legs and a platform) that levels the back. I'll try to rig something up once I get the truck and the weather turns warmer.
Easy enough with a couple pieces of extruded aluminum for the frame and 1/2" plastic (wood could be fine too, just heavier) for the top surface... A buddy just did this to create a sleeping platform for his LC200

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Easy enough with a couple pieces of extruded aluminum for the frame and 1/2" plastic (wood could be fine too, just heavier) for the top surface... A buddy just did this to create a sleeping platform for his LC200
Exactly the idea.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ok I am trying to install the overhead shelf, but no instructions included. And of course I lost one of the bolts taking off the plastic hanger trim. I heard it roll into somewhere in the wheel well by the rear passenger door, but not sure how to retrieve it. So embarrassed. Any ideas?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Very well constructed and packaged. No instructions, but I was able to figure it out. Took me a while because I was trying to retrieve the bolt I lost (failed to anyway) and had to re-drill the holes in the plastic trim because they weren't big enough. I realized that you have to have enough room for the black spacers. Can not have the spacers resting on the plastic trim, nor behind it. Has to have space to go straight through and have the bolt rest firmly against it. That's the only way the plastic trim will sit in its clips. Any pressure against the plastic will warp it and not allow it to sit flush.

Other than that, I installed it as far back as possible and it is just behind the rear headrests. I have the rear seat adjustment brackets in so the seats are further reclined than the typical Trialmaster or Fieldmaster. If an adult sits in the center seat, will have to raise the headrest to the top to ensure they don't hit their head on the shelf. The size is a bit smaller than I anticipated. My umbrella chair doesn't fit in it, but still very happy with it!

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:37 AM
Reaction score
Very well constructed and packaged. No instructions, but I was able to figure it out. Took me a while because I was trying to retrieve the bolt I lost (failed to anyway) and had to re-drill the holes in the plastic trim because
That looks great! Thanks for posting those and giving your experience. Does the rack effect the rearview mirror view (I'm going to try the Wolfbox but it might be a bit)? Thanks!

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That looks great! Thanks for posting those and giving your experience. Does the rack effect the rearview mirror view (I'm going to try the Wolfbox but it might be a bit)? Thanks!
Does not really affect the rear view mirror because i’m not really looking at the top portion which would be pointed above cars behind me. Someone else reported the same and Bison constructed it specifically not to obstruct our view.

RobS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Chadd7 looks great. Shipping seemed fast. I think anyone who has ever worked on cars has dropped a nut or bolt they can’t retrieve. I can’t imagine the hours I’ve added to repairs trying to chase down dropped hardware. Sorry. I don’t have my truck yet to offer any specifics. I had done something similar in my LR4. Required a trim removal tool and a telescoping magnet.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Chadd7 looks great. Shipping seemed fast. I think anyone who has ever worked on cars has dropped a nut or bolt they can’t retrieve. I can’t imagine the hours I’ve added to repairs trying to chase down dropped hardware. Sorry. I don’t have my truck yet to offer any specifics. I had done something similar in my LR4. Required a trim removal tool and a telescoping magnet.
Telescoping magnet. Might try that.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:37 AM
Reaction score
If you heard it in the wheel well, I might try to get it to "dance" from the outside with a neodymium magnet in the wheel arch liner, or wrap the magnet in a microfiber cloth if you run it over the paint. If you can get it to catch you may be able to bring it into reach.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
but no instructions included
Same here, but as @minidok already posted. You need to drill 20mm/22mm holes in the plastic covers. After that you can bolt the side parts to the roof and then slide the rack in and fix it to the side parts.

Back
Top Bottom