The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Basic (USA) model differences?

Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
The Fieldmaster and Trailmaster appear to be co-branded configurations with a fixed set of options. What are the major differences between them?

Is it better to go with the "base" model and add what you want? Is it cheaper to get a package in the Fieldmaster/Trailmaster? I am thinking about a base model with the "rough pack" and "high current pack". I wonder what else I might want or what I would regret if I did just those two options with a base model.

If this topic is beaten to death, I apparently missed it. Feel free to point me in the right direction!

TIA,
Sid

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Trialmaster has locking diffs, raised air intake, fabric seats and 17” wheels. Fieldmaster has leather, safari windows and 18” wheels. Basically.

I wanted lockers, leather, safari windows and 17” wheels but no raised air intake. So I built a station wagon from the ground up just how I wanted it. I am glad Inoes provides such flexible configuration options.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You may want to add the rear access ladder, or perhaps the compass/altimeter in a base model.

They are more so "option packages" than true trim levels; think of the Trialmaster as the off-road centric option groups, and the Fieldmaster as the soft-road centric option groups.

As @Asnes said, If you are in the grey area, just build a base. There is a savings of a few hundred dollars if you want everything that one or the other yields, if not, it is cheaper to build the base to your exact spec.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Right….. I basically optioned everything except:

winch (had one on my D2 rarely used it)
raised air intake (had one on my D2, I don’t live in a dusty environment, don’t need one)
audio upgrade (6x9 subwoofer - I will do my own audio upgrade :) )
rock sliders (I opted for side steps instead)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
Trialmaster has locking diffs, raised air intake, fabric seats and 17” wheels. Fieldmaster has leather, safari windows and 18” wheels. Basically.

I wanted lockers, leather, safari windows and 17” wheels but no raised air intake. So I built a station wagon from the ground up just how I wanted it. I am glad Inoes provides such flexible configuration options.
That's exactly what I did. No Field or Trial. I am my own Master!

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The privacy glass is great. So glad I optioned it. Not that it's doing much for sun in Washington right now, but it's dark enough that it affords a bit of security for items in the back.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wish I ordered after we knew a bit more about the US models. Like the subwoofer and tint. Oh well.
It’s easy to retrofit both of those. Tint you need to have done aftermarket on front windows anyways.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Fieldmaster and Trailmaster appear to be co-branded configurations with a fixed set of options. What are the major differences between them?

Is it better to go with the "base" model and add what you want? Is it cheaper to get a package in the Fieldmaster/Trailmaster? I am thinking about a base model with the "rough pack" and "high current pack". I wonder what else I might want or what I would regret if I did just those two options with a base model.

If this topic is beaten to death, I apparently missed it. Feel free to point me in the right direction!

TIA,
Sid
Hi Sidpost, You can pretty much pick any option on any of the 3 starting builds available, (Station wagon, Trialmaster & Fieldmaster) to end up with the Grenadier you want.
The difference in price between virtually identical builds is so little, it's not worth chasing, perhaps $150. Couple things to keep in mind. If you order a Fieldmaster, there are no choices for rims. You can only get the 18" alloys. If you want dual batteries, you cannot have premium sound as the subwoofer goes where a second battery would go. If you start with a Trialmaster, you cannot uncheck RAI - Raised Air Intake, although you can remove it later after you take delivery and add a blanking plate. You only get the Belstaff Trialmaster jacket or Fieldmaster jacket with a Trialmaster or Fieldmaster Build. I started with a Trialmaster, and added options I liked to it. DaBull

Lord Ripon USA

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Near as I can tell, the only difference is in the radio subwoofer versus dual battery.

Everything else crosses over between the models.

I view that as a mistake, but it is what it is.
I’m not even sure if the dual battery set up works. At least not in any way any of my other two battery set up’s do.

In my view, the high value items for the grenadier, are in the driveline. You can’t retrofit those easily, and in the future, people will ask does your grenadier have the locking diffs.
The same way they do when they look at an Escalade and ask if it is 2 Wheel Dr. or four-wheel-drive.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Can the second battery be added after the sale?
Yes you can and some are opting to do their own second battery install so they have a true house battery setup with say a lithium house battery with DC-DC charging.

The default configuration from the ineos is that the second battery simply serves as a backup to the starter battery to start the vehicle in the event main starter battery gets depleted.

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score

I started with base model and ended up with something close to a Fieldmaster!

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Yes you can and some are opting to do their own second battery install so they have a true house battery setup with say a lithium house battery with DC-DC charging.

The default configuration from the ineos is that the second battery simply serves as a backup to the starter battery to start the vehicle in the event main starter battery gets depleted.
That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Asnes

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm looking for.
Should be very easy to add. The rear seat configuration for batteries is great and there seems to be loads of room in there for the batt, DC-DC charger, shunt, inverter and fuse box for 12v house loads. Victron components get my vote :)

Can also just get an external 100ah lithium pack with integrated inverter etc and be done with it :)

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Should be very easy to add. The rear seat configuration for batteries is great and there seems to be loads of room in there for the batt, DC-DC charger, shunt, inverter and fuse box for 12v house loads. Victron components get my vote :)

Can also just get an external 100ah lithium pack with integrated inverter etc and be done with it :)
Yup, I know about that stuff. The best! Here's the power panel in my Sprinter. 400Ah of Battlebornes under the floor, 375 w. of solar on top.
powerpanel1.jpg

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yup, I know about that stuff. The best! Here's the power panel in my Sprinter. 400Ah of Battlebornes under the floor, 375 w. of solar on top.
View attachment 7838840
I have no idea what I’m looking at here but it looks awesome. Nice and tidy.

Back
Top Bottom