The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

USA Fieldmaster configuration with 17" alloys?

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:26 PM
Reaction score
Just been playing around with the configuration. I noticed that if I start with the base model and put all the options a la carte to equip like the Fieldmaster, it costs about $1000 more when compared to the Fieldmaster configuration. I'd like the Fieldmaster edition with 17" alloys, so I can save $1,515 but it doesn't allow me to. If I configure a base model with all the a la carte options to make it the way I want it, it only saves me $440 vs. the Fieldmaster edition. Hope I make sense. Any advice?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:26 PM
Reaction score
Just been playing around with the configuration. I noticed that if I start with the base model and put all the options a la carte to equip like the Fieldmaster, it costs about $1000 more when compared to the Fieldmaster configuration. I'd like the Fieldmaster edition with 17" alloys, so I can save $1,515 but it doesn't allow me to. If I configure a base model with all the a la carte options to make it the way I want it, it only saves me $440 vs. the Fieldmaster edition. Hope I make sense. Any advice?
Hi Chadd7, Stu has sent Ineos a request to allow selection of any rim with the Field Master Configurator. Like you, I like the Field Master Edition, however not the 18" alloys. I like the 17" alloys that you can choose on either the base model or that come on the Trial Master Edition.
Like you, when I tried to configure a Field Master up from a base model I found the same price issues that you mention above, must be we are checking off the same options. Hopefully Ineos listens to us and we will have a rim selection option on the Field Master configurator soon.
What color are you considering. Currently I keep going back and forth between Eldoret Blue and Shale Blue, either with a black contrast roof.
DaBull

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:26 PM
Reaction score
I also am going with the 17" alloys with a 'fieldmaster' build up from the base. It is about $500 less than the Fieldmaster build. I guess this is the cost of the Belstaff jacket :)

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Chadd7, Stu has sent Ineos a request to allow selection of any rim with the Field Master Configurator. Like you, I like the Field Master Edition, however not the 18" alloys. I like the 17" alloys that you can choose on either the base model or that come on the Trial Master Edition.
Like you, when I tried to configure a Field Master up from a base model I found the same price issues that you mention above, must be we are checking off the same options. Hopefully Ineos listens to us and we will have a rim selection option on the Field Master configurator soon.
What color are you considering. Currently I keep going back and forth between Eldoret Blue and Shale Blue, either with a black contrast roof.
DaBull
Good to know thanks. I'm choosing between Shale Blue and Britannia Blue.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DaBull
Leaning toward Britannia Blue with black leather and saddle steering wheel.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Leaning toward Britannia Blue with black leather and saddle steering wheel.
A part of me wants the BB with white roof so badly. I think it looks fantastic - but those dark colors will really show scratches and country pinstripes. The lighter, non-metallic colors should help with this.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A part of me wants the BB with white roof so badly. I think it looks fantastic - but those dark colors will really show scratches and country pinstripes. The lighter, non-metallic colors should help with this.
Agreed. But I don't plan to do much offroading. Used to own a black Wrangler. Not a scratch when I sold it haha!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agreed. But I don't plan to do much offroading. Used to own a black Wrangler. Not a scratch when I sold it haha!
I'll be off road - seems a shame to buy something this capable to not off road it!

You're in NJ? Where abouts?

Local time
Reaction score
can't believe the savings is basically nil from to a package to Ala carte. at least that works in the buyers favor

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cool. Welcome to the forum! We're a good bunch here (writer excluded).

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks. I haven't been so excited about a new car in a long while. Last year bought a '22 Mercedes E53 after getting tired of waiting. Other car is a 2014 Land Cruiser. E53 is fun, but plan to sell and hope to take delivery of my new IG next year.

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I placed my pre-order just now. Number 0005540601 whatever that means. Went with the Fieldmaster adding tinted windows and saddle leather. Don’t love the 18” beadlock ring but I’m going to spray it with some tint or plastidip to darken them (easy fix). Want to keep the fieldmaster badge and want the jacket. Also figured that pre-configured may speed things along and have better build quality/consistency (no proof of that of course).

Drausch1976

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I placed my pre-order just now. Number 0005540601 whatever that means. Went with the Fieldmaster adding tinted windows and saddle leather. Don’t love the 18” beadlock ring but I’m going to spray it with some tint or plastidip to darken them (easy fix). Want to keep the fieldmaster badge and want the jacket. Also figured that pre-configured may speed things along and have better build quality/consistency (no proof of that of course).
What day did you place your reservation? Curious about your number vs mine

Back
Top Bottom