The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Estimated Costs in the US based off Australia as of Nov 2022

Steveo

Global Grenadier #1009
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:57 AM
Reaction score
As the owner of a 2019 G wagen (new style), there’s no escaping the stereo type. No matter what, you’re seen as a jerk. It’s the reason mine has fewer than a thousand miles on it in four and a half years. Build quality could not be better though. Much of the same attitude persists about the new Defender, despite the fact that nearly no one has driven one. I’m fearful the grenadier will meet the same fate. Jealousy and stereotyping are very ingrained in people.
Always bring the Grenadier home dirty and you shouldn't have an issue with wrong perceptions!

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
As the owner of a 2019 G wagen (new style), there’s no escaping the stereo type. No matter what, you’re seen as a jerk. It’s the reason mine has fewer than a thousand miles on it in four and a half years. Build quality could not be better though. Much of the same attitude persists about the new Defender, despite the fact that nearly no one has driven one. I’m fearful the grenadier will meet the same fate. Jealousy and stereotyping are very ingrained in people.
Others' perceptions deterring you from enjoying your G wagon... that's really sad! How do you know what "they're" thinking?
If I could afford a G wagon in Aus. I'd have bought one with the "poverty pack" ages ago and driven the wheels off it!
"Stuff 'em" I say!!

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Others' perceptions deterring you from enjoying your G wagon... that's really sad! How do you know what "they're" thinking?
If I could afford a G wagon in Aus. I'd have bought one with the "poverty pack" ages ago and driven the wheels off it!
"Stuff 'em" I say!!
Unfortunately the world has changed. Maybe not everywhere but certainly in the United States. Not to get political at all, but we no longer prosecute crime in New York. Car jacking and property crimes are at an all time high. By all time I mean never before in history. Personally I am comfortable carrying a firearm at all times to defend myself, and do, but I’m not entirely certain I will be allowed to do so in the aftermath of such a situation. There is a war being waged against all things formerly seen as good and respectable. I hope the pendulum begins to swing back to a more normal position, but as for now..keep your powder dry and your eyes open. I’ll keep my G wagen because I love it and earned it. When the time comes that it can be driven safely in the United States, I will take it out.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
Proportions are off and too low to the ground. Hood slopes down in a sad looking kind of way. Resembles a kia soul. Some of those design elements are the ugliest parts of the grenadier. I would be shocked if anyone ever said the original defender isn't better looking than the grenadier. The fact that the grenadier isn't as handsome as the defender will put me off if the price comes in too high in the states for the grenadier. I'll just get an old defender and restore it instead. It will look better, hold its value (and probably increase in price), and have more sentimental value.

I'm primarily interested in the grenadier because I'm getting older and don't want to do that work or spend that kind of money if I don't have to.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Off Topic: Sorry!
Oh dear! Regretfully it's on the rise here as well.... Our local hero politicians are afraid that if they increase the penalties for juveniles it will contravene their legal Human Rights..A couple of decades ago I visited NYC ...at that stage it was "safer" than where I worked in Sydney!

Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
Yes but ugly (butt ugly) smacks everyone in the face

Whose butt is ugly? :geek:

Sad isn't it? :(

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
5:57 PM
Reaction score
That article pegs “base” price at $70-100K
The absolute cheapest entry model in Germany is US$ 69500 including 19% VAT. Without any luxury tax (there is none).
The Trialmaster starts at US$ 79370 in Germany.

Plus packages & extras.

PS: exchange rate as of today.

Last edited:
Local time
8:57 AM
Reaction score
The absolute cheapest entry model in Germany is US$ 69500 including 19% VAT. Without any luxury tax (there is none).
The Trialmaster starts at US$ 79370 in Germany.

Plus packages & extras.

PS: exchange rate as of today.

So back out VAT and you're at about US$66,000 for a Trialmaster. Not horrible. . .

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:57 PM
Reaction score
I’m fearful the grenadier will meet the same fate. Jealousy and stereotyping are very ingrained in people.
I'm expecting most people to see the Grenadier and mistake it for an old Defender. If that's the case then I'll be more than happy, as in 10 years of driving mine I've only had nice conversations in car parks, fuel stations, etc, and nearly always are waved out into traffic/let in.

Local time
11:57 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately the world has changed. Maybe not everywhere but certainly in the United States. Not to get political at all, but we no longer prosecute crime in New York. Car jacking and property crimes are at an all time high. By all time I mean never before in history. Personally I am comfortable carrying a firearm at all times to defend myself, and do, but I’m not entirely certain I will be allowed to do so in the aftermath of such a situation. There is a war being waged against all things formerly seen as good and respectable. I hope the pendulum begins to swing back to a more normal position, but as for now..keep your powder dry and your eyes open. I’ll keep my G wagen because I love it and earned it. When the time comes that it can be driven safely in the United States, I will take it out.
When the time comes that it can be driven safely in my pocket of New York, I will take it out.

Fixed it for ya ;) We've been all over the country in various vehicles, including "the rest of" New York which people seem to forget is a huge, very wooded, state. Can't say we've ever been anywhere that a G Wagen would make you a target anymore than any other vehicle with a catalytic converter or a modicum of modernism/cost. Common sense just needs to rule the day. Heck, Shenandoah National Park has been putting out PSAs about break-ins and such at trailheads, but that's a) hardly a new thing and b) hardly a US thing.

Back
Top Bottom