The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Bad news this week...

SUBVET735705769

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:01 AM
Reaction score
As an early hand raiser and reservation holder, I was getting really excited when we could track VINs on the ships. I asked my dealer for the VIN, which he provided, and began searching. After finding VINs below, adjacent, and above my VIN, I became frustrated with the reality that my truck wasn't on any of the ships. When I took a test drive, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said they would look into it, A few days later, I get an email, quickly followed by a phone call explaining the situation affecting my truck and 34 others. My INEOS account info went from Q4-23 delivery to Q2-24 delivery.

It turns out these trucks did not pass a Quality Control check for some reason. The cause was not provided nor did I ask, but was told two options were considered. One was to repair the flawed trucks and send them to the customer as soon as possible. The other option was to fulfill the customer order by putting it back in the production queue and manufacture a whole new truck. The factory and Ineos reps decided on the latter which of course results in a longer delayed delivery.

Despite the disappointment, I feel that this was absolutely the RIGHT decision. It shows that their quality processes are functioning and the decision reflects the standards with which they want to be associated. I was assured that every effort was being made to fast-track these vehicles to the US. So, I will have to wait it out and enjoy everyone else's post about their new truck. But honestly, I hope I don't see another Grenadier on the road before I get mine.

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
11:01 AM
Reaction score
As an early hand raiser and reservation holder, I was getting really excited when we could track VINs on the ships. I asked my dealer for the VIN, which he provided, and began searching. After finding VINs below, adjacent, and above my VIN, I became frustrated with the reality that my truck wasn't on any of the ships. When I took a test drive, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said they would look into it, A few days later, I get an email, quickly followed by a phone call explaining the situation affecting my truck and 34 others. My INEOS account info went from Q4-23 delivery to Q2-24 delivery.

It turns out these trucks did not pass a Quality Control check for some reason. The cause was not provided nor did I ask, but was told two options were considered. One was to repair the flawed trucks and send them to the customer as soon as possible. The other option was to fulfill the customer order by putting it back in the production queue and manufacture a whole new truck. The factory and Ineos reps decided on the latter which of course results in a longer delayed delivery.

Despite the disappointment, I feel that this was absolutely the RIGHT decision. It shows that their quality processes are functioning and the decision reflects the standards with which they want to be associated. I was assured that every effort was being made to fast-track these vehicles to the US. So, I will have to wait it out and enjoy everyone else's post about their new truck. But honestly, I hope I don't see another Grenadier on the road before I get mine.
If it helps, I got a very early one and knew it would have issues. Early December 22 build and took delivery in April. Ineos said to me at the time that it would have have a few snags.. Nothing more than you’ll have read about on these pages. Even now, it’s still waiting for the software update and retrospective fixes but that‘s mainly down to my inability to get it to them and that it has become a very useful tool and gets a lot of use. Absolutely none of my snags are mechanical or critical so I’ve just carried on regardless. Imho you need to have a mixture of perseverance and pragmatism to “get” Ineos and the Grenadier. If it’d had been a BMW or Mercedes, I’d have rejected it without a doubt. The fact that it’s got idiosyncrasies and is unique are part of the joy of ownership and driving it. It’ll be worth waiting for.

Jack123

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
3:01 AM
Reaction score

I was pretty much told the same thing.
- Initial estimate: Build - Nov, Delivery Jan 24
- Updated estimate: Build - ?, Delivery Apr 24

That's 3 months later!

But I'm like you. I will wait for my IG and enjoy once I get my hands on it! Cheers!!!

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

You aren’t too far from me so when i get mine ill swing up your way and we can take it out for a nice ride from Seabrook through Portsmouth up to Dover and surrounding areas

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
You aren’t too far from me so when i get mine ill swing up your way and we can take it out for a nice ride from Seabrook through Portsmouth up to Dover and surrounding areas
I'm in Seacoast NH as well. After asking several times (dealer / Ineos), I went from an Oct build with Q4 2023 delivery to if I'm luck Dec build and Q1 or Q2 2024 delivery.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm in Seacoast NH as well. After asking several times (dealer / Ineos), I went from an Oct build with Q4 2023 delivery to if I'm luck Dec build and Q1 or Q2 2024 delivery.
My reservation was 10136. Was told it was a low number by the dealer. My VIN arrived in Baltimore on Nov 2nd. Hoping to take possession in December. Dealer has only provided the INEOS line of Q1 2024. Not sure what ur reservation was but maybe if you are near mine then you could be in luck

A1B2C3D4

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
My reservation was 10136. Was told it was a low number by the dealer. My VIN arrived in Baltimore on Nov 2nd. Hoping to take possession in December. Dealer has only provided the INEOS line of Q1 2024. Not sure what ur reservation was but maybe if you are near mine then you could be in luck
I'm 10,9xx, so definitely a bit behind yours. Maybe either that quality issue mentioned or they plain got behind and literally miss the boats sailing. I also wonder if at some point they stopped US production to run a month or two of other vehicles.
No info and the Ineos portal says Q4 2023 but they told me they haven't made it yet.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
My wifes family basically is there twice a week. They used to live in Portsmouth and now live in Rye. My brother in law is originally from Portsmouth and is the unofficial town mayor.

Local time
Reaction score

Maybe you could find a build where somebody bowed out. Something with more than what you ordered and ask for a discount (match the price of your build?)

The dealer in Pasadena already had a few cancellations.

jeffmattSD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think you should be glad that IA's quality control made the decision to actually reject a vehicle with some problems. The last thing you would want is a truck that has quality issues. Good luck.

Reactions: PBD

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I think you should be glad that IA's quality control made the decision to actually reject a vehicle with some problems. The last thing you would want is a truck that has quality issues. Good luck.
No manufacturer would ship a vehicle with quality issues. Most problems that are discovered during production are remedied, and the vehicle, upon passing additional quality inspections, is identical to any vehicle that did not have any issues. At that point they are the same.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I still have no idea what is going on. My Ineos account has gone from Q4-23 to Q2-24 and now says Q3-24 delivery. I promised my wife she wouldn't have to drive our 3 RWD cars this Winter, and because of this fiasco, I now own a Volvo.
Have you contacted Ineos Customer Service or your dealer about this?

The online portal is effectively useless

Regalz

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:01 AM
Reaction score
I still have no idea what is going on. My Ineos account has gone from Q4-23 to Q2-24 and now says Q3-24 delivery. I promised my wife she wouldn't have to drive our 3 RWD cars this Winter, and because of this fiasco, I now own a Volvo.
I wouldn’t put much stock in what your ineos account says, mine says “in production“ but I’ve had it for 3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom