The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Bad news this week...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a dealer update today. I have a new VIN. The truck has been completed and is awaiting vessel assignment. Due late February. Bravo-Zulu.
Congrats! Tracking the ship is exciting.

Who's your dealer - KO?

Local time
Reaction score
As an early hand raiser and reservation holder, I was getting really excited when we could track VINs on the ships. I asked my dealer for the VIN, which he provided, and began searching. After finding VINs below, adjacent, and above my VIN, I became frustrated with the reality that my truck wasn't on any of the ships. When I took a test drive, I mentioned this to the dealer and they said they would look into it, A few days later, I get an email, quickly followed by a phone call explaining the situation affecting my truck and 34 others. My INEOS account info went from Q4-23 delivery to Q2-24 delivery.

It turns out these trucks did not pass a Quality Control check for some reason. The cause was not provided nor did I ask, but was told two options were considered. One was to repair the flawed trucks and send them to the customer as soon as possible. The other option was to fulfill the customer order by putting it back in the production queue and manufacture a whole new truck. The factory and Ineos reps decided on the latter which of course results in a longer delayed delivery.

Despite the disappointment, I feel that this was absolutely the RIGHT decision. It shows that their quality processes are functioning and the decision reflects the standards with which they want to be associated. I was assured that every effort was being made to fast-track these vehicles to the US. So, I will have to wait it out and enjoy everyone else's post about their new truck. But honestly, I hope I don't see another Grenadier on the road before I get mine.
No trips to Petey's today. US 1 Hampton closed because of flooding. In our house new tag line for any impassable geography is "A Grenadier could do it!" https://www.wmur.com/article/route-1-in-hampton-closed-high-water-flooding/46373145#

dbaudoin

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
I have a dealer update today. I have a new VIN. The truck has been completed and is awaiting vessel assignment. Due late February. Bravo-Zulu.
Good to hear. Mine is being held in Hamback for quality checks. Sept 23 build. Still waiting on update from IA. Starting to look at delivered vehicles where order holders hae backed out...

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:11 PM
Reaction score
Mine was built in March ‘23, I think. Delivered to the dealer 29th Oct 2023. Approx 3 mths shipping and road transport from dock. The rest (3-4 months) it was in “batch and hold”. VIN 2700’s.
The vehicle is perfect, absolutely no problems. So happy it spent that time in batch and hold.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After searching WW website. Cust ref #: 6200002625, I finally found my new VIN booked on a voyage. ETA Baltimore... 2/24/24.
Interesting that the lowest VIN is 010035 and highest is 013053.... I wonder if the 3 010xxx builds went back for add'l QC

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting that the lowest VIN is 010035 and highest is 013053.... I wonder if the 3 010xxx builds went back for add'l QC
My VIN is 010034 and is on a ship to arrive in Baltimore Feb2-5.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So weird. I’m 257 and already here.

Sillius Soddus

Production/Transit
Local time
Reaction score
10956 here, and it’s just been released for transport from Baltimore.

smbennett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello there,

Seacoast NH, purchasing from Ko as well. Got the same email back in October/November with the failed QC news. Nai @ Ko Ineos was a straight shooter about timing and options, and was very responsive. Ended up with a new build, seemed to be prioritized, and last update was that it was awaiting transit assignment a couple weeks ago. VIN 11654...

Saw Ko updated their webpage with a March opening, so hopefully they got the green light from the powers that be.

SUBVET735705769

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hello there,

Seacoast NH, purchasing from Ko as well. Got the same email back in October/November with the failed QC news. Nai @ Ko Ineos was a straight shooter about timing and options, and was very responsive. Ended up with a new build, seemed to be prioritized, and last update was that it was awaiting transit assignment a couple weeks ago. VIN 11654...

Saw Ko updated their webpage with a March opening, so hopefully they got the green light from the powers that be.
Looks like this is coming together then. I have a 4 week remote assignment for the month of March, so hoping when I get back, everything is ready to go. (truck and dealer). I have seen VIN 11654 in the logistics tracking. Your truck arrives Baltimore 3 Feb.

smbennett

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like this is coming together then. I have a 4 week remote assignment for the month of March, so hoping when I get back, everything is ready to go. (truck and dealer). I have seen VIN 11654 in the logistics tracking. Your truck arrives Baltimore 3 Feb.
...And just got my NH temporary tags and scheduled to pick up this Saturday at Ko. So far, so good.

Back
Top Bottom