The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Europe Buying “new” in stock vehicle

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t serious but I’ve been misled on what Ive agreed to buy. It is not a used car though. It is unregistered and essentially new. So why wait to prepare it? There isn’t exactly a queue of buyers out of the door… at least not where I am.

What’s your genuine view on buying an almost 3 ton car that’s been sat for a year ?
We've commented on this before. You asked about it at the beginning of April and got a few answers. Have a look at the thread.

Voader - Oudersopzwier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
Good morning all

Placed an order for a car that was in stock and available for immediate delivery (<200km on clock) only to discover the car has a vin number ending in the PF001000s - which makes me believe the car is in fact 1 year old. Would that be a correct assumption? And if so, any thoughts on whether I’m doing the right thing?!
Mine has vin 4XX build november 2022, nothing wrong with. I drive whit it since September 2023, It was a brand new stock car. Now >20000 km.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
We've commented on this before. You asked about it at the beginning of April and got a few answers. Have a look at the thread.
I didn't mean that in a derogatory way at all. I just didn't want to repeat my opinion.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be here if I wasn’t serious but I’ve been misled on what Ive agreed to buy. It is not a used car though. It is unregistered and essentially new. So why wait to prepare it? There isn’t exactly a queue of buyers out of the door… at least not where I am.

What’s your genuine view on buying an almost 3 ton car that’s been sat for a year ?
Bought mine secondhand, six months old, just 1500 miles. All the options I would have added if buying new. £20k cheaper than ordering and waiting.

The final decision has to be yours.

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:07 AM
Reaction score

Again, it would depend on the discount over new. If considerable, I would be happy. If not, …….

Hitchedprawn

Production/Transit
Local time
5:07 AM
Reaction score
Again, it would depend on the discount over new. If considerable, I would be happy. If not, …….
That’s the conclusion I think. I’m looking at what’s for sale around same age and discount on those (with very low mileage) and will suggest that’s the realistic market value.

Back
Top Bottom