The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AU insurance

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
For owners, or soon to be owners in Australia, please add your insurance cost or quotes below.
Many variables of course but try & follow these headings to offer a rough guide for others.

Vehicle & amount covered / City / Insurer / *Annual cost / Excess / Rating / Hire car / Windscreen.
Other details:

Last edited:

MarkH

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
'23 TM Diesel $129.5k / Brisbane / APIA / $1293 / $1250 excess / Rating 1 / Unlimited hire car / Windscreen cover.

Other details: 2yr new for old (so agreed value), <10k klms per year, garaged, gazetted roads only, over 50, retired, 140k to replace now then premium jumps to $1637.

Attachments

• IMG_20230810_110331.jpg
    IMG_20230810_110331.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
23 FM Diesel $115k / Outer East Melbourne / Shannons / $1360 / $1150 excess / Rating 1 / Unlimited hire car / Windscreen cover/Roadside Assist.

Other details: 2yr new for old, No klms limit per year, carport. 48years old
Lucky I got a quote which is still valid from nearly 12 months ago - if I hadn't then I fear the premium would of been a lot more.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure how useful because part of a multi vehicle policy with about 6 vehicles.
Shannons
$126000 agreed value
Premium $1126

Will probably increase the agree value when I confirm the policy

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Not sure how useful because part of a multi vehicle policy with about 6 vehicles.
Shannons
$126000 agreed value
Premium $1126

Will probably increase the agree value when I confirm the policy
No need to increase the agreed value with Shannons - as they do new for old for 2 years. I confirmed this very thing with them about two days ago. Cover it for what you paid for it, for at least the first two years anyway.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
No need to increase the agreed value with Shannons - as they do new for old for 2 years. I confirmed this very thing with them about two days ago. Cover it for what you paid for it, for at least the first two years anyway.
Interesting, will check on that. Hard to imagine an insurance company paying more than the agreed value for an agreed value policy, but hope you are right

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Vehicle & amount covered / City / Insurer / *Annual cost / Excess / Rating / Hire car / Windscreen
Trialmaster/Hobart/Youi/$1146(paid yearly (10% less than paying monthly)/$1500 Excess/Rating 1/No hire car/Added the windscreen cover
New replacement vehicle if written off in first 2 years.

(NB Shannons won't insure as there is no lockable garage.)

Last edited:

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Vehicle & amount covered / City / Insurer / *Annual cost / Excess / Rating / Hire car / Windscreen
Trialmaster/Hobart/Youi/$1146/$1000 Excess/Rating 1/No hire car/Added the windscreen cover

(NB Shannons won't insure as there is no lockable garage.)
Shannon’s let me do it as I have a carport. If you get them to speak to their “manager” they will.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Shannon’s let me do it as I have a carport. If you get them to speak to their “manager” they will.
I have 7 cars with Shannons (carports). I did suspect I'd need the manager (I can visit in person). But I doubt they will be cheaper than Youi.
The reason they gave was "we don't insure ungaraged vehicles over $100,000"

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have 7 cars with Shannons (carports). I did suspect I'd need the manager (I can visit in person). But I doubt they will be cheaper than Youi.
The reason they gave was "we don't insure ungaraged vehicles over $100,000"
Is this the only car you will be insuring with Youi?
If thats the case then that is a pretty good quote for a one off.

AnD3rew

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
They might. I have had them refuse before even after speaking to the manager. Usually over $100k they are pretty firm about it, but may also be somewhat location dependent as to whether they have some discretion

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Station wagon with soft & hard packs, towbar & bull bar /Gold Coast/Youi/$785/$1500 Excess/Rating 1/No hire car/no special windscreen cover/ age restricted 30 and over plus vehicle garaged at home during the day. Multi-vehicle policy but I'm about to cancel the other vehicle when the Grenadier arrives and it gets sold.

I may regret not opting to remove the windscreen excess...

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I rang Youi today, and matched as best I could to the cover that Shannons were providing me.

Youi came out at $2905, compared to my Shannons at $1360.

Perhaps at under 50 (being 48) - Youi think I am a risky driver?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Is this the only car you will be insuring with Youi?
If thats the case then that is a pretty good quote for a one off.
Yes , but might get a quote for my wife's car also (currently Shannons).
Note I used a rubbery figure of 15,000km/year (I'm not doing outback distances at this stage) and 3 days/week (I have other cars).

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I rang Youi today, and matched as best I could to the cover that Shannons were providing me.

Youi came out at $2905, compared to my Shannons at $1360.

Perhaps at under 50 (being 48) - Youi think I am a risky driver?
Yes you're definitely in the rock crawling demographic 😁

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got a quote from Youi begining of June for only $994 but it only lasted for 4 weeks because I don't have the car.
It was for market value/excess $1,500, less than 10,000km per year, locked garage, windscreen replace, no choice of repairer, hire car replacement.

Local time
Reaction score
Just got a quote from Shannon's (who I have a few other cars insured with). I'm 44 years old, have had a few minor claims the last few years, few speeding fines, and am registering the car for daily business use.

Standard wagon with lots of options ($112k) / Location: Garaged at Karrinyup in WA / Annual premium of $1,676 / Excess $1,100 / Includes unlimited hire car when not at fault (none when at fault) / Up to 1 free windscreen per year / new for old replacement first 2 years / roadside assistance.

The replacement cost would be over $140k at the current prices, however from reading above posts this would be covered even though agreed value is what I'm paying for it ($112k). Also confirmed by Shannon's representative on the call.

Local time
Reaction score
RACV were very competitive for me. $1084 Comprehensive cover, unlimited windscreen, hire car for all claims, $850 excess. Higher premium for drivers under 25. New for old replacement first two years. Multi policy discount. I was pleasantly surprised actually.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
RACV were very competitive for me. $1084 Comprehensive cover, unlimited windscreen, hire car for all claims, $850 excess. Higher premium for drivers under 25. New for old replacement first two years. Multi policy discount. I was pleasantly surprised actually.
Just make sure you list all the extras
RACQ went up by $300 a year when I listed mine.

Back
Top Bottom