The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

AU insurance

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
Youi @ $1,061.87 per year
Comprehensive insurance
New car value replacement first 2 years
Then market value replacement
$1,500 excess (windscreen $50 excess)
No hire car

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Next time we complain about insurance costs , that Kenyan guy posted that comprehensive is 7000 Euros (almost $Aud12,000) in Kenya.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If you have permission to be there, you are insured.
Check your insurance.
You are insured on private property within reason and covered by your personal vehicle insurance and the property owners property insurance.
If they state it is not a gazetted road that are absolving themselves of your insurance coverage.

That is the point of the statement
otherwise they would need to get full public liability insurance.

Of the policies that have a clear PDS, or of which we could get clarification, NRMA Insurance, CGU Insurance, Club 4×4 (underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company), Affinity Insurance Brokers and DGA Insurance (also a broker) will provide coverage for gazetted and ungazetted roads. So if you’re off-roading on private property, for example, and have a crash, you’re covered (provided you have permission to be there).

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Check your insurance.
You are insured on private property within reason and covered by your personal vehicle insurance and the property owners property insurance.
If they state it is not a gazetted road that are absolving themselves of your insurance coverage.

That is the point of the statement
otherwise they would need to get full public liability insurance.

Of the policies that have a clear PDS, or of which we could get clarification, NRMA Insurance, CGU Insurance, Club 4×4 (underwritten by The Hollard Insurance Company), Affinity Insurance Brokers and DGA Insurance (also a broker) will provide coverage for gazetted and ungazetted roads. So if you’re off-roading on private property, for example, and have a crash, you’re covered (provided you have permission to be there).
I have sought clarification in the past so I’m comfortable with deciding where I go.

I get all insurers aren’t the same though.

A bigger issue is generally remote recovery from a breakdown, which isn’t insurance and even ultimate cover from the RACQ etc won’t help.

Last edited:

Mules

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:05 AM
Reaction score
@Davman and @Shorty and others, no issues getting roadside assistance with Shannon's?

I got a quote today and their system knocked back roadside assistance because the Grenadier GVM was too high by 50kg (stating 3500kg was their max). The bloke was stumped when I told him others had secured roadside assistance.

Local time
Reaction score
Yeah that was the same for me - what rubbish...

The Grenadier is covered anyways initially with Allianz roadside assist.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
3550 is it's maximum payload not the vehicle weight.
i think you are providing the wrong information.
No Shannon’s won’t do roadside assistance for any vehicle with maximum GVM over 3500

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
3550kg , tell the chumps to exit the vehicle , bingo.
This GVM limit is a bit silly when you think about it.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Funny thing is the contractors that Allianz roadside assist use are probably the same ones that Shannons would use.
Pretty sure they are the same

Back
Top Bottom