The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, they gifted him one with 500,000km on it. :LOL: :LOL:
That’s his happy place- everything to replace, loads of sponsor’s doodads to sell on later. No reason he should ever be unhappy, there’s so many troopys to fix in the world…. Another angry casualty of the youtube algorythm. Patreon psychology fund?

[algorythm: definition, AI that makes people dance to it’s tune…]

Reactions: Max

Earthwatcher

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I've watched one or two of his videos and find them hard going, seems to be in a rage at the world. He's the sort of guy you'd serve a perfectly cooked steak and he'd complain about the peas.
This is ridiculous nitpicking. It's a shame because he knows his stuff and he's made some good points in the past, but his carping tone is wearing, must be hard to live with.
Much prefer Christian and Vera - the way that guy takes cars apart and puts them back together as if it's the simplest thing in the world, and if he's missing a part makes one, reminds me of Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance.

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
His comment about whether Ineos tested the vehicle with weight in is frankly laughable. Because it wasn't heavily loaded in the testing promo videos....

Theyre PROMO Videos Andrew! He doesn't really think all the testing INEOS did was limited to what was shown in the press vids does he??

I messaged him on IG telling him how the Grenadier suspension worked even better with some weight on it, as per my experience I Albania.

Hes yet to reply 🤣

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
His comment about whether Ineos tested the vehicle with weight in is frankly laughable. Because it wasn't heavily loaded in the testing promo videos....

I think when the photos of this trip came out, people were commenting how low it looked at the back:
Screenshot_20220607_055248.jpg

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:35 PM
Reaction score
Well that vehicle may be a little overloaded for optimal use, but shit happens sometimes when the odd need to carry heavier than normal loads arise.

Would everyone, including ASPW decide to go out and respring his vehicle ??? No !!

He even released a video, saying it’s just as bad to over spring than it is to under spring.

As has been said, he is just being petty now, and you can almost hear the noise of the axe being ground in the back ground

MilesD

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Same for me,

he sounds like my partner: she doesn't like "good" restaurants because too expensive. I always try to explain ... the food isn't the most expensive, it are wages, taxes, hiring the building, electricity bill and so on.

He should retire :unsure:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:35 AM
Reaction score
Perhaps I should PM (Private Message) ASPW (I don't remember this abbreviations and don't want to) about my Grenadier problems.

Perhaps Ineos would then pay some attention to it? :unsure: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
It is a bit sad to see ASPW so worked up, with nothing really justifying the anger.
obviously he doesnt understand supply costs/manuf costs etc. You’d think that he could see how much of his previous pleasure in fixing and modifying badly executed cars should not be replicated by intent in any new car.
defenders were never particularly cheap, and much as i love them, were unforgivably poorly assembled for at lest their last 30 years, compared to decent quality for the time. Ineos would be nuts to copy that.
clearly there is a stripped back ineos. But everything there is high quality.

if he just owned the fact that he would rather start with a 70 series and correct everyting, because that’s what he likes, that would be fine. But he insists on speaking for ‘4wd enthusiasts’ as if he is the only one who truly understands everyone else.

it is arrogant, very self centred, and clearly emotionally driven. Shame, he used to have some interesting content, but it’s become painful to watch. Adieu.
Have you seen his latest video? A little "cap in hand" toward IA I'd say.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe. I think the strong smell of the smoke from a burned bridge pervades the air….
Of course he will test one sooner or later, but theres a very high horse for him to climb down from.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Theyre PROMO Videos Andrew! He doesn't really think all the testing INEOS did was limited to what was shown in the press vids does he??

I messaged him on IG telling him how the Grenadier suspension worked even better with some weight on it, as per my experience I Albania.

Hes yet to reply 🤣
Yes, and they have said in the past that they tested the vehicles well past fully loaded, in all terrains. Obviously they cant show overloaded, but they did it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I truly hope he reads some of the actual owners comments and takes his bat and ball and goes home with his tail between his legs. But I know he won't, as by nature he is combative - and in the room with his fanboys, thrives on being iconoclastic.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I truly hope he reads some of the actual owners comments and takes his bat and ball and goes home with his tail between his legs. But I know he won't, as by nature he is combative - and in the room with his fanboys, thrives on being iconoclastic.
And a professional blogger, who by definition must have something to blog about

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a look at StarStat which estimates YouTube channel values & incomes. Interesting that ASPW's channel is just over half the size of say Ronny Dahl's channel (subscribers & number of vids) but has more than twice the ad revenue. And Ronny Dahl gets way more views. Andrew must be absolutely packing the ads in to be that far ahead financially.

I also found it curious that a self-proclaimed expert who claims to know exactly what 4x4ers want (ie. not the Grenadier) should start his clip showing that he was 4 days from civilisation on the Connie Sue Highway, travelling totally alone. Great advice right there.

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:35 AM
Reaction score
I had a look at StarStat which estimates YouTube channel values & incomes. Interesting that ASPW's channel is just over half the size of say Ronny Dahl's channel (subscribers & number of vids) but has more than twice the ad revenue. And Ronny Dahl gets way more views. Andrew must be absolutely packing the ads in to be that far ahead financially.

I also found it curious that a self-proclaimed expert who claims to know exactly what 4x4ers want (ie. not the Grenadier) should start his clip showing that he was 4 days from civilisation on the Connie Sue Highway, travelling totally alone. Great advice right there.
YT equates revenue not necessarily by followers (that helps), but it's comments and "engagement" that boosts revenue

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
YT equates revenue not necessarily by followers (that helps), but it's comments and "engagement" that boosts revenue
We’ll he’s certainly stoking that fire effectively.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I like ASPW - that fact he grates people and can get a response suggests he is smarter than us...

Back
Top Bottom