The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

ASPW wants a Grenadier

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
Hey Tazzieman, mine (Grenadier) is now in the High Seas but look at late Sept before I get my hands on it.
By that time this forum will have all the teething troubles sorted!
What shade have you chosen?

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Fine practical choice. And every man needs a project. My mission is to find every Tas butterfly species , and dragonflies also. That should occupy more than a month of Sundays and lead to a few situations requiring diff locks!

Last edited:

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a particularly redundant argument in his home market Australia where aftermarket Recaros are horribly expensive.
There are also tight restrictions on what you can change on vehicles in some Australian states. For example in Victoria you can only replace or change the seat in a vehicle with one that was OEM for that series. If they had a base poverty pack model you could only replace with the specific Recaro that was available in the premium model, not just any aftermarket seat that took your fancy.

Reactions: Max

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is a bit sad to see ASPW so worked up, with nothing really justifying the anger.
obviously he doesnt understand supply costs/manuf costs etc. You’d think that he could see how much of his previous pleasure in fixing and modifying badly executed cars should not be replicated by intent in any new car.
defenders were never particularly cheap, and much as i love them, were unforgivably poorly assembled for at lest their last 30 years, compared to decent quality for the time. Ineos would be nuts to copy that.
clearly there is a stripped back ineos. But everything there is high quality.

if he just owned the fact that he would rather start with a 70 series and correct everyting, because that’s what he likes, that would be fine. But he insists on speaking for ‘4wd enthusiasts’ as if he is the only one who truly understands everyone else.

it is arrogant, very self centred, and clearly emotionally driven. Shame, he used to have some interesting content, but it’s become painful to watch. Adieu.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Guy buys 1/2 million km old Toyota , because you can mine that story as clickbait forever. Documenting the 2nd mortgage you need to take out to pay for other people to fix and modify it. Then selling it because the mission has ultimately failed to satisfy.
Those of us who have other occupations just prefer to buy a good vehicle out of the box. I for one aren't interested in documenting my "journey" or struggles. At my age it's just gotta be fun all the way 😁

Last edited:
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
Controversial but I do agree with him. I don't think it's a defender replacement. Maybe at the launch price - but it's now just too expensive to beat up in the bush.

And after the big opening price, most people will end up spending on options on top to fill the gaps. I would like to acknowledge that most people now receiving their cars bought at opening so might not see the issue.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Controversial but I do agree with him. I don't think it's a defender replacement. Maybe at the launch price - but it's now just too expensive to beat up in the bush.

And after the big opening price, most people will end up spending on options on top to fill the gaps. I would like to acknowledge that most people now receiving their cars bought at opening so might not see the issue.
Yes
Massive difference between my High spec order at AUD$121K and what it would cost to order now at AUD$148K

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:04 PM
Reaction score
The price he assumes for the old Defender is bullshit anyway.

The old Defenders production facilities are probably paid for 50 years, and since then LR, if you look at the manufacturing tolerances, probably nothing significant invested in it.

So you can of course produce and sell a cheap car.

But woe betide anyone who would dare to bring something like this onto the market today. The quality expected today has its price. And who knows what "market maturity" means, also knows that 80% quality costs only 20% of what 100% quality costs.

FlyingTrotter

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:04 PM
Reaction score
I have watched his build and some expedition videos but before the Grenadier fixation I was tiring of him - I understand he needs to make money and strong opinions emotionally expressed seem to sell well online but I find him too strident and increasingly repetitive

his self image also seems to be a big part of his Grenadier fixation he having failed to secure a vehicle on long term loan and now not being selected for the African trip

I will pass on more of his content - he has a strong loyal following who will I’m sure fund his adventures

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Skipping through that live diatribe , seems he's still begging IA for a loaner.
Mate (ASPW) , you've got the dream job (as you love to remind everyone,) and you've said previously rest of us are suckers for our office jobs.
Well guess what , we're buying and you're begging.
Sucks to be you I guess.
FFS give it a rest!

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
He’s got buckley‘s chance of a loaner… why would Ineos invest in someone cranky, who is at best unpredictably judgemental, who seems to be going out of their way to build a negative image of the grenadier, and who has published and promoted strong negatives based on speculation?
I‘m not saying he couldnt make judgements, but remaining open minded is kind of a prerequisite. Blackmail does not build a relationship, or respect.
I doubt this is a strategy though, he’s emotionally hurt. Had his own, very individual expectations of what the ‘dream project’ car should be, and is clearly unable to handle the grenadier deviating from his personal wants.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps thisis lat desparate bid to try and shame Ineos into giving him a vehicle.

As I said earlier - the guy is pathetic. IF he was once respected, he's just destroyed that.
Somebody should invite him to the forum
We can offer some gratuitous therapy , along the tough love lines.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:04 AM
Reaction score
What a bellend! "What type of roof rack does Ineos offer?!" "A Rhino Rack - not my first choice. See! That is what I am talking about - I want to select my roof rack! Don't spend my money for me!"

Um, Andy, you don't have to select a roof rack, but the one on offer is custom engineered and designed by Rhino Rack for this vehicle and comes with a generous warranty. You can still pick your own roof rack, you git.

No research, shouting at clouds, yawn.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe he’s Toyota’s secret weapon?

Back
Top Bottom