The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Android Auto - Wireless Devices

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 AM
Reaction score
With the intent of have wireless android auto (2023 that this was not implemented when apple car play was is bewildering) I have been seeking devices to enable this.

One of these and the top of my list was the Ottocast A2 Air Pro

It is stated on there website however that this device does not work with BMW. Considering the engine and required head unit and shifter, I imagine this would carry over to Ineos.

Has any one had any experience with this device or any other wireless android auto devices? Would be nice to have a compatibly list

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:30 PM
Reaction score
With the intent of have wireless android auto (2023 that this was not implemented when apple car play was is bewildering) I have been seeking devices to enable this.

It is stated on there website however that this device does not work with BMW. Considering the engine and required head unit and shifter, I imagine this would carry over to Ineos.

Has any one had any experience with this device or any other wireless android auto devices? Would be nice to have a compatibly list
There are plenty of other brands available on Amazon. I know some other grenadier owners on this forum have other brands that work, no doubt they will shout up when they read this thread.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I don’t think the head unit is BMW. What makes you think it is?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:30 PM
Reaction score
I have one of the cheaper devices that you can buy on Amazon and it works. I also don't think the head unit is BMW.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

This is the brand I have, seems to work ok with no freezing, Samsung S22.
I got it to save me forgetting the phone in the car but if you are travelling any distance the phone will need to be charged anyway as the maps are pretty hungry.
No complaints during call usage from either end as well.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

1st hand experience is that trying to convert Android Auto to a wireless system is going to fail and end in heartache (my 2023 D-Max still has wired Auto and the fact that was even a thing is a joke). Just plug that USB-C in which takes about 3 seconds, and your life will be very much happier.

K1LL3M

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Given the above comments, I have purchased the ottocast unit. Will see how it goes amd report back when it arrives.

Carefant

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

This is the brand I have, seems to work ok with no freezing, Samsung S22.
I got it to save me forgetting the phone in the car but if you are travelling any distance the phone will need to be charged anyway as the maps are pretty hungry.
No complaints during call usage from either end as well.
Another thumbs up for this Android Auto AAwireless dongle. Works perfectly with my Samsung S21 and means the phone can be stored behind the gear knobs or on the dash above the warning light binacle with no trailing wires.

Two tips: the dongle (which is tiny btw) comes with a nice short cable, but it’s a USB A to USB C. Android Auto only works from the USB C socket in the centre cubby so you will need a different wire. And, if you are buying one for the purpose, get one with a right-angle plug, as this turns the cable along the base of the cubby, rather than having it sticking out into the middle of the space.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Another thumbs up for this Android Auto AAwireless dongle. Works perfectly with my Samsung S21 and means the phone can be stored behind the gear knobs or on the dash above the warning light binacle with no trailing wires.

Two tips: the dongle (which is tiny btw) comes with a nice short cable, but it’s a USB A to USB C. Android Auto only works from the USB C socket in the centre cubby so you will need a different wire. And, if you are buying one for the purpose, get one with a right-angle plug, as this turns the cable along the base of the cubby, rather than having it sticking out into the middle of the space.
How quickly does it connect?

Laxaros

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:30 PM
Reaction score
I used the Ottocast A2 Air Pro and it worked immediately and no connection or latency issues so far.

SEUSA Mark

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
4:30 PM
Reaction score
I fully expect that given the large number of Andriod users, the software will be added in the future, like 2024 builds.

Here is hoping as I am not in the Apple user camp and don’t plan to be. Ignoring this large segment of owners would be a mistake on the part of Ineos.

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Another vote for Ottocast Air2 Pro. (Samsung S10+)
Maps (Google and Sygic) are fast, music from phone's 128Gb micro sd card easily sorted by artist, album, track, genre etc.
Almost no latency.

Back
Top Bottom