The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wireless Android Auto Disconnecting Every Hour or So

oldblueeyes

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:28 PM
Reaction score
I picked up my Grenadier about 3 weeks ago. It is a MY2024 and I'm in NA. For some odd reason, the MY2024 doesn't have standard WIRED Android Auto and only has wireless. I have a few Android devices ranging from Samsung to Pixels and none are older than a generation back. My Pixel 8 Pro is my daily driver and I'm used to the normal process of connecting via Wired initially which then automatically pairs it wirelessly which had worked flawlessly with my Defender.

Well for the Grenadier you need to connect via Bluetooth initially and then it magically pairs your device as an Android Auto. This part was simple and Android Auto popped up just about instantly. The first week I drove it it dropped a few times. No worries maybe just needed to be reset. I reset the Infotainment center, repaired and it worked fine for another week and then started disconnecting again. It would self resolve after restarting the Grenadier.

I went on a weekend trip to Tennessee and all was well for the drive up but on the return trip it disconnected and stayed disconnected until I reset infotainment again. I tried a multitude of phones and it happened with all of them. Is anyone else running into these issues like I am or does it sound like I need some sort of software update or worse a replacement infotainment?

I'm just befuddled with the reasoning to NOT include just standard wired Android Auto since it is a much more reliable solution. End rant. If anyone can help please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom