The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Requests: Racks, Brackets, Protection etc.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
Yes, perhaps another example of where the cost engineers have got involved.
I can’t say why, but I like emax‘ version better. One more reason to find a custom made solution for that.

bmore_burnsy

Reservation Holder
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I have a pair of their bolt on steps that attach directly to my FJ's factory rock rails and they are fantastic. 2 bolts, easy on/off. I hope they make them for the factory rails on the Grenadier. 🤞
FYI I reached out to RKR last week to ask whether they plan to make a system for the Grenadier. The response was "no plans at this time." Hopefully that changes.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:10 AM
Reaction score
A bonnet you can stand and sit on.
I'm not sure about the bonnet, it's very light; the wings seem a different proposition:
Screenshot_20230419_082238_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve applied some sill protection as the kick plates are not wide enough to stop boots dragging on the painted metal. I used 5x7 cm protection tape and used a craft knife to trim the excess .. I’m not an expert in applying tape and I trapped a few bubbles. I wanted to get some temporary protection in place so it was an emergency application. I’ll replace them in the next few weeks once I’ve moved the rear seats back and do a more professional job.

Attachments

• IMG_0907.jpeg
    IMG_0907.jpeg
    368.9 KB · Views: 87

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve applied some sill protection as the kick plates are not wide enough to stop boots dragging on the painted metal. I used 5x7 cm protection tape and used a craft knife to trim the excess .. I’m not an expert in applying tape and I trapped a few bubbles. I wanted to get some temporary protection in place so it was an emergency application. I’ll replace them in the next few weeks once I’ve moved the rear seats back and do a more professional job.
did you run any tape down the sides of the doors, they seems to pick up chips quite frequently as well (more so when kids open them!)

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
did you run any tape down the sides of the doors, they seems to pick up chips quite frequently as well (more so when kids open them!)
I’ve done it on all four doors. I posted about it on Sunday. I’m not very arty, but the 5x7cm door sill tape from Amazon did I the trick. I’ve had the kids in and out of it and so far, they’ve not lifted and there’s been zero paint damage. I’ll post a photo if you want.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve done it on all four doors. I posted about it on Sunday. I’m not very arty, but the 5x7cm door sill tape from Amazon did I the trick. I’ve had the kids in and out of it and so far, they’ve not lifted and there’s been zero paint damage. I’ll post a photo if you want.
Excellent. missed that on Sunday. Have been sick as a dog with something like (if not) Norovirus. Nil by mouth getting on for 72hrs, wiped the whole family out. Could have done with that sill tape over my arse!

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Excellent. missed that on Sunday. Have been sick as a dog with something like (if not) Norovirus. Nil by mouth getting on for 72hrs, wiped the whole family out. Could have done with that sill tape over my arse!
Eeek.. the tape is only good for stopping external damage…! It’s also a faff to get it in to odd curves…. I’m not feeling great now…

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
2:10 AM
Reaction score
I don’t know if I have already mentioned that, but I would like to see an auxiliary bench/seat for the airline rails in the boot…

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:10 PM
Reaction score
A different steering wheel option. A Three spoke as the standard one is difficult to read when manoeuvring. The steering wheel is the only thing that’s vexed me from the start.. something like this but with airbag and controls.

View attachment 7805754
Hi Ever Pragmatic, The design of the steering wheel with two spokes vexed me too at first and then it dawned on me why it is just two spokes.
It's a damm airplane and a proper two spoke design fits the aviation cock pit. So just pull back, take off and relax on your next adventure and don't forget to follow the seatbelt sign. This link previously posted by Ingemar on Youtube. This will get you ready to take off. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vj9I5VgXeEI

Last edited:

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Forum Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Ever Pragmatic, The design of the steering wheel with two spokes vexed me too at first and then it dawned on me why it is just two spokes.
It's a damm airplane and a proper two spoke design fits the aviation cock pit. So just pull back, take off and relax on your next adventure and don't forget to follow the seatbelt sign. This link previously posted by Ingemar on Youtube. This will get you ready to take off. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/vj9I5VgXeEI
Good point. I personally feel a three spoke would suit the interior better and be a better visual aid when lock to lock is required.. I’m getting used to it.

Gaston the Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
3/4 length roof rack is already available on the configurator.

I collected my pre owned 5 seater Utility yesterday, and the owner had the vehicle ceramic coated by F1 Williams. They also cut and installed a superb set of scuff protectors for the door sills.
I initially thought Ineos had realised their mistake and produced/fitted these themselves.
Turns out it was F1 Williams from up in Cumbria region, where I collected my Grenadier from.

My addition to the list would be retractable blinds for the Safari windows.
Driving down from Cumbria today in bright sunshine, allowed both glare and heat to pass through the safari windows, giving the air con quite a lot of extra work.
I’m planning on taking the Safari Windows wrapped with a darker more reflective tint.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I collected my pre owned 5 seater Utility yesterday
Congratulations, you're the 1st pre owned owner I've heard about.

They also cut and installed a superb set of scuff protectors for the door sills.
I initially thought Ineos had realised their mistake and produced/fitted these themselves.
Turns out it was F1 Williams from up in Cumbria region, where I collected my Grenadier from.
I think we need a few photos of these. 🔎

Back
Top Bottom