The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Requests: Racks, Brackets, Protection etc.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
That would have me twitching and coming out in hives to be quite honest. I will sometimes run the battery power vacuum round my vehicles until the thing goes flat and that put the vacuum back on charge, it just keeps on top of things and is only minutes

Even work vehicles I like to be clean and tidy in and out.
I hear you, but as always, no time for useful things that only take little time. And to be honest, with a dog and four children (and a very tidy wife, I must admit) I could do that every day…

Reducs

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Supporter
Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
My car sees a vacuum once a year at best. And especially on those days, when I first have to walk the Dalmatian in the Park, then stop by the mall before I pick up the girls from their hockey match I just like to take out the mats and throw out the dirt before we head off to the opera.
That's the only positive of having the time change - it reminds me to wash the car. 😁

jrchrds

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:56 AM
Reaction score
Back seat delete kit for the US market, whether that be a parts kit from Ineos from parts already available on the Utility version, or an aftermarket solution.

Michael Gain

Reservation Holder
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Already spoken to Animal Transit Boxes (UK) about this very thing. (Drawer box the same height as seats folded)

I wanted a full width draw but the owner of the company has pointed out that at full width (approx 1100mm) anything really heavy will start to push down and deform box so the draw will catch on the frame. Will have to have some metalwork in it and/or possibly another panel over the top that could be profiled to the footwell etc

Two draws within the unit will instantly overcome all of this.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:56 AM
Reaction score
Giving this a little bump to get a provisional list together before I start making some calls.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:56 PM
Reaction score
I’d like a drawer system too, but I want it to be tall enough to take a chainsaw or two, so I doubt it will be the same height as the folded seats…

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
I’d like a drawer system too, but I want it to be tall enough to take a chainsaw or two, so I doubt it will be the same height as the folded seats…
rough spec of saw?

it will really help..... ;)

m-j

Reservation Holder
Local time
Reaction score
Giving this a little bump to get a provisional list together before I start making some calls.
Goose Gear has a tailgate table with a sliding table table underneath it to lengthen it.

The other wishlist item, I really don't know if it formally exist , would a rock slider with a removable pushdown step.

MJ

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Goose Gear has a tailgate table with a sliding table table underneath it to lengthen it.

The other wishlist item, I really don't know if it formally exist , would a rock slider with a removable pushdown step.

MJ
This has been address by Frontrunner. They offer a similar design

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Stu_Barnes The requirements of the drawer system, from my perspective, are folded rear seat height, probably 2 drawers to allow for middle reinforcement to support weight, security (think firearm storage) preferably keyless - cypher lock or similar - movable partitions to keep things from moving around too much.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
I'd like to see a pair of low profile fuel/water tanks that lie on the rear floor between the L track rails, are secured to them and the total height matches the rear seats folded down, to give a flat floor. Each tank would be 1/2 height and keyed to 'lock' together when stacked. My initial estimates are that each tank could potentially hold 50l and keeping the liquids down low would help with the centre of gravity.
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
On long trips im planning on unbolting and removing the rear seats altogether. Fuel and water hopefully can be in the passenger footwell, or above the battery, keep the weight even lower, and amidships.
i think 1 diesel jerry will do almost everything, 2 worst case. Hopefully with the seats out there will be usefully flat surfaces to work with - looking forward to finding out!

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:56 PM
Reaction score
On long trips im planning on unbolting and removing the rear seats altogether. Fuel and water hopefully can be in the passenger footwell, or above the battery, keep the weight even lower, and amidships.
i think 1 diesel jerry will do almost everything, 2 worst case. Hopefully with the seats out there will be usefully flat surfaces to work with - looking forward to finding out!
Agreed James, I've never needed more than 2 fuel Jerry cans. I'm also looking at the Boab 40l foot well fuel tank. Just need to check it will fit over the transmission hump and can be safely secured. I don't like the thought of unsecured heavy objects flying around in a rollover! Also anything loaded over the battery compartment would have to be easily removable, given most of the fuses etc are under there.
Cheers
Steve

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:56 AM
Reaction score
Likewise, removing the rear seat for long trips, although I'm hesitant to store "fluids" over the battery compartment unless they're further contained.. e.g a fuel bladder within a Rhino-type cargo case etc.. .
Re. removing the rear seat: whenever this is mentioned to IA personnel, the "company" message is that to do so is "not recommended". This also appears in some of the marketing material.
Question: Is this "not recommended " response simply a liability issue..i.e. an "arse covering" reaction ...or are they worried it might not be reinstalled properly with possible dire consequences for a passenger in a subsequent accident and which reflects back on IA?
Welcome to "litigation land"!!

Back
Top Bottom