The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Aftermarket Requests: Racks, Brackets, Protection etc.

MurphyMurph

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
9:51 PM
Reaction score
+1 for 3/4 roof rack option that preserves the usefulness of the safari windows.
+1 for rock sliders with either removable steps or wider platform for ease of entry.
+1 for rear drawer system that sits level rear seats in down position. Would be ideal to have integrated mounts on top surface to allow for further customization/usefulness.
+1 for heated steering wheel.

I’d also be interested in these:
1 - Fold out table that mounts to the door or rear body panel mounts.
2 - Ceiling mounted storage rack similar to this Delta Vehicle Systems one for an 80 series Land Cruiser. I bought the top piece as a standalone unit and it holds all my emergency kit (wrench/socket set, extra fluids, blanket/towel/tags/plastic bags, rolls of tape, folding shovel, small brush, first aid kit, etc). https://www.deltavs.com/all-products/fj-fzj80-lx450-ceiling-storage-rack

1680576726753.jpeg

Shinobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:51 AM
Reaction score
Back seat delete kit for the US market, whether that be a parts kit from Ineos from parts already available on the Utility version, or an aftermarket solution.
My thought exactly, would like to check if Ineos does have this option ordered.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
6:51 AM
Reaction score
+1 for 3/4 roof rack option that preserves the usefulness of the safari windows.
+1 for rock sliders with either removable steps or wider platform for ease of entry.
+1 for rear drawer system that sits level rear seats in down position. Would be ideal to have integrated mounts on top surface to allow for further customization/usefulness.
+1 for heated steering wheel.

I’d also be interested in these:
1 - Fold out table that mounts to the door or rear body panel mounts.
2 - Ceiling mounted storage rack similar to this Delta Vehicle Systems one for an 80 series Land Cruiser. I bought the top piece as a standalone unit and it holds all my emergency kit (wrench/socket set, extra fluids, blanket/towel/tags/plastic bags, rolls of tape, folding shovel, small brush, first aid kit, etc). https://www.deltavs.com/all-products/fj-fzj80-lx450-ceiling-storage-rack

View attachment 7807725
I like the idea of a ceiling mounted rack. Wish there was some more room for storage in front as well.

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Something similar is available from Bisongear…

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:51 AM
Reaction score
Likewise, removing the rear seat for long trips, although I'm hesitant to store "fluids" over the battery compartment unless they're further contained.. e.g a fuel bladder within a Rhino-type cargo case etc.. .
Re. removing the rear seat: whenever this is mentioned to IA personnel, the "company" message is that to do so is "not recommended". This also appears in some of the marketing material.
Question: Is this "not recommended " response simply a liability issue..i.e. an "arse covering" reaction ...or are they worried it might not be reinstalled properly with possible dire consequences for a passenger in a subsequent accident and which reflects back on IA?
Welcome to "litigation land"!!
Caution for removing rear seats when overlanding and not changing the log book to two seater. I had major hassle by corrupt officials on border with Guinea/Liberia. Corrupt drunken army/police at a road block giving me a real hard time because my registration document/V5 saying 5seat where as in fact I had removed the rear seats for travel purposes. After lots of arguing I managed to get away without paying any money, but a real stressful hassle. 👍🏼

Logsplitter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I would be interested in a full length protective tray for the two seater maybe with a hinged section for accessing the battery compartment.
some form of auxiliary fuel tank for the petrol version, maybe in place of where the adblue tank would be on a diesel model.
I’m still yet to see what happens to what would be the footwell space on a five seater when buying a two seater. I’m guessing there is extra space there somewhere?

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:51 PM
Reaction score
Caution for removing rear seats when overlanding and not changing the log book to two seater. I had major hassle by corrupt officials on border with Guinea/Liberia. Corrupt drunken army/police at a road block giving me a real hard time because my registration document/V5 saying 5seat where as in fact I had removed the rear seats for travel purposes. After lots of arguing I managed to get away without paying any money, but a real stressful hassle. 👍🏼
should've just shot them

@nd

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have emailed them to find out if they are going to make anything with double drawers to fit the Greny.

Beormund

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have emailed them to find out if they are going to make anything with double drawers to fit the Greny.
Some of these drawers are quite deep. I'm not sure they would fit in the station wagon.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe.. I’ll have to get the tape measure out..

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Picked up from somewhere else in the forum: a replacement for the flag bagde on the side would be nice. Maybe even personalised.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the actual size, but they seem rather small. Someone who sees their truck frequently, please measure the flag. Naturally, use picas and points.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure of the actual size, but they seem rather small. Someone who sees their truck frequently, please measure the flag. Naturally, use picas and points.
@Krabby , here you go. As requested.

Attachments

• IMG_1717.JPG
    IMG_1717.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    195 KB · Views: 45
Back
Top Bottom