The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

67 Designs - iPhone Mag Mount Install

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Integrated the 67 designs Grenadier phone mount pack w/ Magmount for Iphone. The unit is on the bulky side of what I am used to when comparing to the Course Motorsports mounts I have used in the past. The construction seems to be well made but noticed one of the screw locations should be moved over so you can cleanly access around ball mount. The phone sits on the higher side but don't notice any obstructions. The Go Pro mount will be great for any expeditions. The mount is certainly on the expensive side when it comes to pricing but very few solutions at the moment.

Attachments

• Pre-Install.jpg
    Pre-Install.jpg
    946 KB · Views: 78
  • Mount 1.jpg
    Mount 1.jpg
    842 KB · Views: 77
  • Mount 2.jpg
    Mount 2.jpg
    925.8 KB · Views: 81
  • Mount 3.jpg
    Mount 3.jpg
    808.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Mount 4.jpg
    Mount 4.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 82
  • Mount 5.jpg
    Mount 5.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Elevation View w Phone.jpg
    Elevation View w Phone.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Elevation View w Phone 1.jpg
    Elevation View w Phone 1.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 75

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score
My iPhone sits on a simple air vent mount, or stays in my pocket. Works well for me
I have two Quadlock suction mounts attached to my windscreen.
Work and personal phones mount quickly and very solid.
As the map on the Grenadier display is useless, lag and freezing I can use one phone for connecting to Waze maps and the other is connected to the system for Spotify and a large time display.
I now have USB A & USB-C outlets down next to the steering wheel and next to the passenger grab handle.
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rYky65O2uGQ

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
Now I would drill my dash for the extra usb ports, they look good Dave.

I assume you used the extra live wires in the footwells !

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:30 AM
Reaction score
I have two Quadlock suction mounts attached to my windscreen.
Work and personal phones mount quickly and very solid.
As the map on the Grenadier display is useless, lag and freezing I can use one phone for connecting to Waze maps and the other is connected to the system for Spotify and a large time display.
I now have USB A & USB-C outlets down next to the steering wheel and next to the passenger grab handle.
View: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/rYky65O2uGQ
TomTom maps stream straight to the Grenadiers screen brilliantly, and my entire music library is on my phone (around 450 CDs worth I think). - streaming services don’t work here as we have zero mobile signal. Wi Fi calling works well for phone calls etc. since I installed StarLink.

The joys of living on an island :)

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:30 PM
Reaction score
‘The joys of living on an island :)

Having had to Google where you are (yes I know I should be ashamed), I could suggest the joy of living on the Isle is the fact it takes some effort to get anywhere that isn’t on the island !!.

It looks like I would have to put less effort into getting to Glasgow from the Midlands, than you would from where you are !!.

I do have mobile signal but I have never found that Google or Apple Maps is glitchy on the Gren screen tbh. Oh and I have used Waze and not had an issue with that either.

LKC TX Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:30 PM
Reaction score
Mount is going with vehicle when unloaded but agree I would typically lean more towards no holes. That said, have already purchased the USB A & USB-C outlet like Dave B to add source on drive side. I do like how he integrated another on passenger side!

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Having had to Google where you are (yes I know I should be ashamed), I could suggest the joy of living on the Isle is the fact it takes some effort to get anywhere that isn’t on the island !!.

It looks like I would have to put less effort into getting to Glasgow from the Midlands, than you would from where you are !!.

I do have mobile signal but I have never found that Google or Apple Maps is glitchy on the Gren screen tbh. Oh and I have used Waze and not had an issue with that either.
It’s a wonderful place to live - very different after spending my working years in and around London!

Just over 3000 people, spread over an island around 20 x 25 miles. Ten working whisky distilleries, two Gin, one Rum and a brewery! More being built.

Wildlife and scenery people pay good money to come and play tourist with, I wouldn’t change it for anything.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

PS. Mobile signal reappears about 1 mile from home.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
PS. Mobile signal reappears about 1 mile from home.
8 miles from home (going south) before I pickup mobile reception, as I approach the A74M. If I go north over the fell I pick it up in 4 miles.
Have to use WiFi calling at home. The landline home phone is by fibre so when we lose broadband or power, (frequently) we are isolated. In 2024. 🤨

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
8 miles from home (going south) before I pickup mobile reception, as I approach the A74M. If I go north over the fell I pick it up in 4 miles.
Have to use WiFi calling at home. The landline home phone is by fibre so when we lose broadband or power, (frequently) we are isolated. In 2024. 🤨
Landline? Very elderly tech. And no longer works. So BT style broadband was a non starter. Had Notspot for a few years - no longer supported here. So mover to satellite via StarLink. Blooming brilliant :)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:30 AM
Reaction score

Clearly not a whisky drinker then.

Back
Top Bottom