The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

67 Designs Mounts

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
Bruce - I asked them if a longer ball arm could be supplied. I’ll let you know if they reply.
The 67d bracket and clamp seems to have some good adjustability to it by tilting the clamp (affixed to the oem mirror ball/post) position. I’ve found a good position on mine without needing any additional pieces/arms - I’ve placed the clamp/ball at about the 4 or 5 o’clock position which lowers the mirror by about an inch or so from what is shown on their website. Not sure I’d move mine any lower, as it feels like it might then be too low into the drivers view through the windscreen. But yeah, I would imagine you could definitely fit one of their nano ball arms on it if wanting more adjustment.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I asked if a longer ball arm could be added. Below is their reply.

The answer is no. There is no arm involved. We understand the issue with the ADAS box/camera proximity and have seen client images. The geometry is such a drop in the camera would not work for visibility reasons in the short IG windshield.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I asked if a longer ball arm could be added. Below is their reply.

The answer is no. There is no arm involved. We understand the issue with the ADAS box/camera proximity and have seen client images. The geometry is such a drop in the camera would not work for visibility reasons in the short IG windshield.
Just went out and snapped a photo of the positioning of mine - the top of the wolfbox sits just over 2” below the switch panel, and is just less than 7” from the bottom of the wolfbox to the top of the infotainment screen. Also, you can see I have the wolfbox as far to the left that it can go without being in the way of the drivers visor. This is in my opinion the best positioning for the mirror (not because of the mount), but because of the larger size of the wolfbox mirror + the limited visibility in the very short windscreen + the large ADAS camera housing.

IMG_3749.jpeg

Oelprinz

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:08 AM
Reaction score
Would be nice if they put some photos of the mount components without phones and GoPros on their site. In particular, I'm wondering if the ball mount is compatible with Quad Lock ball arms, which is the system I use in all of my vehicles and dirt bikes.
I agree. The pictures are not very helpful.

Wondering if anyone has bought it now and could share some pictures of the mounts? Maybe @GrenADV please?

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree. The pictures are not very helpful.

Wondering if anyone has bought it now and could share some pictures of the mounts? Maybe @GrenADV please?
Apologies only seeing this now. I'll send a photo of the mounts without the clamps and connectors for the devices shortly, although, it's a typical 67 designs typical arm end which look similar to this:
1713458067181.jpg

I also have a quad lock set-up for my iPhone (primarily for my BMW f850gsa) which uses the quad lock attached to a 1" RAM ball - so I know what @desertdefender is referring to. If I were to use that quad lock in combo with the 67 designs mount - I would purchase the 67d "Dam Adapter" which is their clamp for a 1" ball (https://www.67d.com/products/arm-clamp-packs-for-67-designs-arm-cores) - then just attach your quad lock/RAM ball to that clamp. Or, if needing to extend, get the typical 20mm 67d clamp (attached to the grenadier base) + an elbow (20mm ball-to-20mm ball) + extension arm (20mm ball clamp on one side) + Dam Adapter clamp for the end of the arm where you would attach the quad lock. I like the quad lock, but the vehicle has CarPlay, I no longer need to have my iPhone mounted - I instead mounted my iPad mini and a Garmin InReach explorer +.

DMarchand

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the wolfbox/67d mount this weekend. Good overall. Just wish someone made a cover to hide the wolfbox connectors/wiring from view.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
View of the mounts without any device holder. The round pieces with grooves in them are the 67d attachment points for the clamps and other accessories - they are stout. I believe they are each attached to the floating platform with 2-3 screws - which might be able to be replaced with the 20mm balls if needed, but I’m not sure. The best thing is to reach out to 67d customer service, as they are awesome to deal with and seem passionate about helping to develop the right mounting solution for your needs.
IMG_3801.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom