The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

67 Designs Mounts

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:04 PM
Reaction score
Hey all, just noticed that 67 designs (https://www.67d.com/) just posted some specific dash mounting solutions for the Grenadier! I've already purchased and installed the left-hand side mount pack - super impressed with it! It attaches to the corner of the infotainment screen via some 3M VHB tape + fastener/screws - was simple to install and is solid (I haven't had any movement/vibrations in the mount so far!). I've mounted my iPhone on the left of the infotainment and plan to put a GoPro or maybe my Garmin inreach on the base mount closest to the windscreen. Also, I'll be getting the right-hand side base mount for my iPad Mini.

Anyhow - the mounts are beautifully made and really well designed. Here's the link to the Grenadier mounts that I purchased - good pictures on this site: https://www.67d.com/products/grenadier-2024-pack

1708522575811.png

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I have used 67 Designs stuff in the past and really like their products, so when I found this mount yesterday, I ordered the left hand mount right away.

If the installation of the left side goes well, I will likely get the right as well.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back with another from 67 Designs - they've now created an adapter from the OEM mirror post/ball to the Wolfbox G900 - I just ordered and installed. Installed in just a few minutes for me. It's a super clean setup with no movement/vibration at all - very happy with this product, as it looked pretty cheap with the wolfbox strapped to the OEM mirror.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested: https://www.67d.com/products/wolfbox-g900-mirror-mount-for-grenadier-2024

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:04 PM
Reaction score
These items are way too complex for what they need to do. Too many balls, levers, clamps. $100 for the Wolfbox mount? I'm liking my perfectly functioning rubber bands more every day....

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Back with another from 67 Designs - they've now created an adapter from the OEM mirror post/ball to the Wolfbox G900 - I just ordered and installed. Installed in just a few minutes for me. It's a super clean setup with no movement/vibration at all - very happy with this product, as it looked pretty cheap with the wolfbox strapped to the OEM mirror.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested: https://www.67d.com/products/wolfbox-g900-mirror-mount-for-grenadier-2024
Thanks, just ordered.

desertdefender

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:04 PM
Reaction score
Would be nice if they put some photos of the mount components without phones and GoPros on their site. In particular, I'm wondering if the ball mount is compatible with Quad Lock ball arms, which is the system I use in all of my vehicles and dirt bikes.

GPFACTOR

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Does this drill into the dash?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Does the camera image now clear the ADAS box with the 67 designs mount?

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - for the most part, and more than good enough in my opinion. I think given the size of the ADAS, I doubt any mount for the wolfbox type mirror (with integrated forward facing camera) will fully clear the ADAS housing.

Adjusted Placement (After).jpeg

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
Is the mount purely for the G900 or will it work with a G890, too?

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Is the mount purely for the G900 or will it work with a G890, too?
I’m not sure about this - good question. The 67d adapter bracket affixes to the same 4 spots as the wolfbox oem bracket does on G900 - you might want to check Wolfbox’s website and see if their oem bracket is compatible with both the G900 and 890. My guess is yes it’s compatible (I’d think that wolfbox would design a single oem bracket mounting solution for simplicity across all of their mirrors), but I haven’t looked into it.

Let us know what you find out!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’m not sure about this - good question. The 67d adapter bracket affixes to the same 4 spots as the wolfbox oem bracket does on G900 - you might want to check Wolfbox’s website and see if their oem bracket is compatible with both the G900 and 890. My guess is yes it’s compatible (I’d think that wolfbox would design a single oem bracket mounting solution for simplicity across all of their mirrors), but I haven’t looked into it.

Let us know what you find out!
Looks like it could work. The primary concern is that the mounting plate screw holes line up on the G890. Easy to fix with a drill. If the mirror mounting adapter is screwed onto the mounting plate, then I can fabricate a custom plate for my G890 and transfer the adapter to it. I'll order and try it out.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like it could work. The primary concern is that the mounting plate screw holes line up on the G890. Easy to fix with a drill. I'll order and try it out.
Awesome - looking forward to seeing how it works - good luck!! And, Definitely let Gavin at 67d know one way or another, as I’m sure he’ll also be interested in the answer!

grnamin

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Awesome - looking forward to seeing how it works - good luck!! And, Definitely let Gavin at 67d know one way or another, as I’m sure he’ll also be interested in the answer!
Will do!

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yes - for the most part, and more than good enough in my opinion. I think given the size of the ADAS, I doubt any mount for the wolfbox type mirror (with integrated forward facing camera) will fully clear the ADAS housing.

View attachment 7847370
Bruce - What are your thoughts on this mount vs the Chinese ball adapter on the Wolfbox mount?

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Bruce - What are your thoughts on this mount vs the Chinese ball adapter on the Wolfbox mount?
I do think the Chinese balldapter setup is solid enough but a huge portion of the front video is useless and the camera is so high that it makes it fiddly to get the SD card out (big hands). I had hoped to see a little more drop from the 67 designs mount so the price is a little hard to swallow. I haven't started looking yet, but I know there are extensions for ball setups out there and if I could get a 1-2" link that drops the camera down and to the left a bit it might be a cheaper option than this. I typically take a buy once cry once approach to most things though, so I may just bite the bullet and get the 67 Designs product.

Back
Top Bottom