The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

3rd party Videos 4xoverland Youtube video on Grenedier

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:13 PM
Reaction score

Why is Richard Attenborough so made at Grenedier???

Starts out OK, and I don’t think his criticisms are wrong, but I think that the automotive market has changed, and that is what he doesn’t like. I don’t like it either.

Short summary- Ineos lost their way and the vehicle is too expensive. He also seems to think that Ineos is trying to monopolize on accessories, which I don’t think is correct.

I was hoping for a 110 clone, but I think the reality is that you can’t sell that anymore. I do think that Ineos went a bit too far - but with new regulations coming, you can’t make a car that you can only sell someplaces for a a few years. On pricing and features, yes Jeep has a much lower price and similar DNA- but Jeep has the luxury of making 100,000s of them. I have a Jeep, I’ve had Jeeps, I like Jeeps- the Grenedier sure isn’t a JK or a Grand Cherokee, or really, the other way around.

The car this guy wants is either 4 door run-a-bout, or something that is going to come out of India- and good luck importing that

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
it’s an interesting perspective he has. Putting aside the history of this reviewer with regards to Ineos (They chose not to provide Mr White with a new Grenadier for content creation/influence peddling) he does make a few reasonable points. Again, he is a knowledgeable and prolific off-roader by most accounts. Nothing personally against him in any way.

Expecting Ineos to offer “a body in white” for each customer to then build out, is not realistic. It would go against the stated purpose of the grenadier to NOT equip it with top-shelf, proven, reliable parts and components. They couldn’t meet their goals by using low quality components. The fact that he chose to criticize the choice of Recaro brand seats is odd. Recaro has been an OEM supplier for many reasonably priced cars over the years (Ford hatchbacks even). Recaro is great. Very decent seats. You could go down the list of all of the components included and make a similar argument. The Red winch is a bit over the top, but everything else is just solid, good quality stuff.

So does it just boil down to “it costs too much”? I think that’s what is sticking in his craw. The grenadier is priced in a premium bracket. It is decidedly not an entry level bargain off roader. Maybe once they establish their position and reputation; they can come back to offer more of a blank chassis. Even in that guise though, the grenadier would be expensive.

I hope Mr White can get a chance to evaluate a grenadier. I hope he will have the maturity and wisdom to give an honest appraisal. If he just craps all over Scott’s Africa trip out of jealousy, that would say a lot too.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
5:13 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys there is a thread already discussing the video

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey guys there is a thread already discussing the video

Actually a thread about that guy, that includes this video. We can merge them if wanted since they are the same guy.

You tube put this video on my feed and I posted it with in an hour of that, so I knew there wasn’t a thread on this video yet.

Tjhappel

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score

Why is Richard Attenborough so made at Grenedier???

Starts out OK, and I don’t think his criticisms are wrong, but I think that the automotive market has changed, and that is what he doesn’t like. I don’t like it either.

Short summary- Ineos lost their way and the vehicle is too expensive. He also seems to think that Ineos is trying to monopolize on accessories, which I don’t think is correct.

I was hoping for a 110 clone, but I think the reality is that you can’t sell that anymore. I do think that Ineos went a bit too far - but with new regulations coming, you can’t make a car that you can only sell someplaces for a a few years. On pricing and features, yes Jeep has a much lower price and similar DNA- but Jeep has the luxury of making 100,000s of them. I have a Jeep, I’ve had Jeeps, I like Jeeps- the Grenedier sure isn’t a JK or a Grand Cherokee, or really, the other way around.

The car this guy wants is either 4 door run-a-bout, or something that is going to come out of India- and good luck importing that
Why’s he so mad?? Sounds like he is really upset nobody called him?

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:13 AM
Reaction score
Why’s he so mad?? Sounds like he is really upset nobody called him?
He wanted them to give him one, and to ask him for design input early. They didnt, and he seems to be having trouble recovering his ‘face’, because he’s YouTubed how important his perspective would be to them.

AWo

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
As I knew what the Grenadier should have become and where it is now, also in regard to the price, I agree with APSW that Ineos lost its way.

AWo

Local time
2:13 AM
Reaction score
Pew! I Spend 20min of my life to watch the video and I can‘t remember when I‘ve seen someone that angry like a 5 year old. Isn‘t it the right of any producer of any product to design and price it as they deem appropriate? I also could complain about the ridiculous price of my new iPhone and yell at Apple why the don‘t offer a 100€ entry version. ;-) At the same time I enjoy how well engineered it is. Someone said it already. Rather spend a little extra on a proper tool instead of complaining about the poor quality of a budget product. They only thing Ineos has to prove is the announced durability and reliability. Time will tell.

Max

Last edited:

RunBikeDive

🔺 🌎 🔺
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pew! I Spend 20min of my life to watch the video and I can‘t remember when I‘ve seen someone that angry like a 5 year old. Isn‘t it the right of any producer of any product to design and price it as they deem appropriate? I also could complain about the ridiculous price of my new iPhone and yell at Apple why the don‘t offer a 100€ entry version. ;-) At the same time I enjoy how well engineered it is. Someone said it already. Rather spend a little extra on a proper tool instead of complaining about the poor quality of a budget product. They only thing Ineos has to prove is the announced durability and reliability. Time will tell.

Max
I watched this video & started laughing. I mean, just Watching this guy complaining about the IG seats & how good they were. Really?..

I watched one of his videos years ago, he was whining about the crappy Mitsubishi SUV's seats and how poor they were. (A very true statement) Now here he is crying about how good the recaro quality seats are & he wants just the opposite.

The amount of hypocrisy that comes out from this guy from video to video about "what should this vehicle have/not have" has become comical.

I used to enjoy his videos years ago, but you're absolutely right on this one, he appears to be like a five-year-old boy that didn't get the limited edition matchbox car under the Christmas tree this year..

Back
Top Bottom