The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2023 Ineos Grenadier: First local deliveries due in April, long wait for new orders

Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
yup i was just told that any orders now will be 2024 delivery. (before i cancelled my reservation deposit..😣😫😫)

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:03 AM
Reaction score
“The company says there is currently an 80 per cent preference for diesel in Australia” - Drive
No brainer choice in Aus... we have pretty long drives even from city to city... massive actually compared to EU markets. If I want to see family, its 350km-1400km depending on who I catch up with and that's one-way... do that a few times a year and petrol use blows your bank account up! I have opted for diesel in all my previous vehicles except the current tray back (work)... it's an old sheep wagon now carting materials and it is not good on fuel!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:03 AM
Reaction score
Again, I won’t have a choice, but with prices here, it would have to be a serious long drive for things to financially equalize. ~$1.40 US more per gallon for diesel at only a few MPG better.

Not unlike Australia, driving distances in the US dwarf many European countries, especially considering we have individual states bigger than entire nations. Not making a comment either way, just acknowledging the physical distinction.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:03 PM
Reaction score
And it’s cultural inertia I think… diesel being the default/ expectation for 4WD, esp. with towing and remote travel being so common

BD1

Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:03 AM
Reaction score
The first examples of the Ineos Grenadier off-road wagon are due in Australian showrooms within months, however new orders may not be filled until next year.

View attachment 7803234

https://www.drive.com.au/news/2023-ineos-grenadier-australian-delivery-times/

"Customers who place an order today face a wait of about 12 months, the company says."

This is why I think it will be summer of 2024 before we see deliveries in the US - assuming Grenadier gets final approval and no other delays.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I agree.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:03 PM
Reaction score
Again, I won’t have a choice, but with prices here, it would have to be a serious long drive for things to financially equalize. ~$1.40 US more per gallon for diesel at only a few MPG better.

Not unlike Australia, driving distances in the US dwarf many European countries, especially considering we have individual states bigger than entire nations. Not making a comment either way, just acknowledging the physical distinction.
It's not so much the price as the range between fills
1676394524723.png1676394592961.png1676394628325.png

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
That’s an issue that I’ve never experienced and don’t know if it happens here at all (bar Alaska maybe). 1000km between stops, oi. It’s all fun and games until the man forces electric vehicles on you guys. It’s slowly being legislated here; makes retirement elsewhere on this planet attractive.
no new car sales of ICE vehicles after 2035 in Australia.
Last weekend we had some very hot days and had a few power brownouts due to lots of airconditioners being turned on.
I can see what will happen when everyone arrives home from work, plugs their car in, turns the aircon on, TV, induction cooktop and lights.
Won't be a brownout.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some of those internet photos are a bit old @DaveB
I have friends who used to run the Tjukaylrla Roadhouse. There are a number of places between there and Yulara where you can get fuel - Warburton, Docker River etc but only “Opal” Petrol and not unleaded. Same thing really but it has an additive so that the local aboriginals can’t sniff it and cause themselves damage.

Other than the Canning Stock Route the longest distance I can recall without ANY fuel was on the Anne Beadell H’way between Coober Pedy and Ilkurlka Roadhouse which is about 780km, or nearly 950km if you do some of the side trips. I did that in a petrol 4.7L V8 landcruiser carrying 110L on the roof.
The reality is that there are only half a dozen remote outback trips now where you really need to carry fuel, but yes having a diesel helps with the worry factor of running out, and if you need emergency fuel local properties will have diesel and not unleaded.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Some of those internet photos are a bit old @DaveB
I have friends who used to run the Tjukaylrla Roadhouse. There are a number of places between there and Yulara where you can get fuel - Warburton, Docker River etc but only “Opal” Petrol and not unleaded. Same thing really but it has an additive so that the local aboriginals can’t sniff it and cause themselves damage.

Other than the Canning Stock Route the longest distance I can recall without ANY fuel was on the Anne Beadell H’way between Coober Pedy and Ilkurlka Roadhouse which is about 780km, or nearly 950km if you do some of the side trips. I did that in a petrol 4.7L V8 landcruiser carrying 110L on the roof.
The reality is that there are only half a dozen remote outback trips now where you really need to carry fuel, but yes having a diesel helps with the worry factor of running out, and if you need emergency fuel local properties will have diesel and not unleaded.
Yes they were just a bit of an example.
I didn't check the age.
I find I don't like to stop for fuel when I am going on a long drive
The diesel has only around 900kms range which is bad enough but the petrol at around 700kms and that on road.
I could drive from home to my holiday house, drive around for 100kms or so, then drive back in the diesel (377kms each way) but not in the petrol

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes they were just a bit of an example.
I didn't check the age.
I find I don't like to stop for fuel when I am going on a long drive
The diesel has only around 900kms range which is bad enough but the petrol at around 700kms and that on road.
I could drive from home to my holiday house, drive around for 100kms or so, then drive back in the diesel (377kms each way) but not in the petrol
That’s an issue that I’ve never experienced and don’t know if it happens here at all (bar Alaska maybe). 1000km between stops, oi. It’s all fun and games until the man forces electric vehicles on you guys. It’s slowly being legislated here; makes retirement elsewhere on this planet attractive.
Yes here it isn’t so much that there is a cost benefit for diesel, unless you are heavy towing for very long distances there really isn’t a cost benefit at the moment at least. But it’s the range. Even though some of those example are old there are definitely areas where fuel is sparse and very expensive and things like a Simpson desert crossing or Canning stock route or even just some far Western Qld and NSW routes where there are no people or fuel for days, you could detour to find some if you had to but it isn’t on your route. And there is even one section of the second busiest highway in Australia, the Pacific highway between Coffs Harbour and Brisbane where if you assume there are plenty of highway service centres you can get caught out if you don’t fill up when you see one, and then you have to leave the highwaand detour to smaller towns to get fuel. For me the diesel is 100% about range. One less jerry can on a Simpson trip and less anxiety in the bush is worth having to put 17litres of adblue in every 10-15,000kms and a little extra servicing at high kms.

Back
Top Bottom