The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

2 Additional Grenadier Models??

DDG

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score
The G wagen is Mercedes most profitable vehicle (but not its largest volume seller). The new Defender still has a waiting list in many markets. People are definitely willing to pay for extreme stuff; even if they don’t use it to its intended purpose. There is a halo effect with those vehicles. I don’t think ineos needs that, but they aren’t immune from wanting to show their engineering and manufacturing prowess, I would think

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:47 PM
Reaction score
The G wagen is Mercedes most profitable vehicle (but not its largest volume seller). The new Defender still has a waiting list in many markets. People are definitely willing to pay for extreme stuff; even if they don’t use it to its intended purpose. There is a halo effect with those vehicles. I don’t think ineos needs that, but they aren’t immune from wanting to show their engineering and manufacturing prowess, I would think
INEOS Automotive know that Grenadier variants can cut across many market segments - oh, and they want to make a big big profit!!

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
Interesting news…
B13D3325-A3DA-4170-9C8F-089842CB67DC.jpeg
The highlighted sentence translated: This is initially a successor to the Grenadier, which is then to be built by Geely in China…

Here‘s the link to the full article - sorry, german…

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:47 PM
Reaction score
Interesting news…
View attachment 7804918
The highlighted sentence translated: This is initially a successor to the Grenadier, which is then to be built by Geely in China…

Some details in there I've read previously but the Geely bit is new to me. As I read it, the Geely bit is for a successor for the Grenadier?

Pat-Ard

Global Grenadier #00520
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:47 PM
Reaction score
@DCPU I read it as if Geely will be the manufacturer for the new Gren…

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
600 miles (1000km) from 25kg of fuel is seriously impressive! I know BP are getting seriously interested in producing hydrogen from offshore wind, the infrastructure could appear quite quickly if major players like BP are investing..

Prometheus

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Interesting news…
View attachment 7804918

A emission-free alternative for the suzuki jimny for ~50.000 Euros!!
interesting…😳

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Geely, makers of Chery, the Chinese stuff that couldn’t last 12 months before falling apart all over the road.

If Ineos is getting into bed with this lot we may as well all cancel our orders now.
Don't worry the west and China will have probably come to blows long before then.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that sales into that market is as strong as we would like to think. The price of a vehicle compared to the price of actual machinery/equipment is pretty small. The vehicles are more like "office supplies" compared to the rest of the costs. Just my opinion, 🤷‍♂️

Edit: My thought is that they don't really care about longevity, so any truck will do for most of the tasks as long as they pass safety regs.
Well they are out there pressing the flesh and getting bums on seats...

1677134288010.jpeg

Shinobi

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:47 AM
Reaction score

Seems like a rehash of an older article but, if you have had enough reading the press reviews then let the rumor mill start up again.

• 'the launch in the U.S. will follow in July 2023'
is this still on the cards....
  • 'Another important novelty will be the pickup version of the Grenadier. It will feature four doors and four full-size seats, as well as a longer wheelbase than the off-road version.
  • 'INEOS tested a full electric Grenadier prototype, but the vehicle proved to be too heavy.' thats a shocker!!...
  • they also reference the baby Grenadier.
4 full sized seats in the pickup, that would be pretty cool, longer wheel base is unsurprising and has been talked about elsewhere.

Dual cab pickup 🛻

Attachments

• 467AA749-07AB-4353-A447-9FFA1F068B7B.png
    467AA749-07AB-4353-A447-9FFA1F068B7B.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
Back
Top Bottom