The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 17 for sale on cars.com

Inez

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
11:11 AM
Reaction score
It is likely that most of these are not available. The dealers inventory is probably automatically linked to that site and as the cars are entered before sale the program loads them. Same as looking for a Ford Maverick, sale just hasn't closed yet.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very interesting that 6 of these are from Bentley High Point (my assigned dealer 😡) but no word from them for past 3 wks and I initiated the most recent email inquiry. Also peculiar that vehicles are listed under "Bentley" and not Triad Ineos??????

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:11 AM
Reaction score
Every dealer probably has 5-6 that people backed out on. I think you are going to see quite a few for sale.

DrahthHunter

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
It is likely that most of these are not available. The dealers inventory is probably automatically linked to that site and as the cars are entered before sale the program loads them. Same as looking for a Ford Maverick, sale just hasn't closed yet.
When I was shopping for my last landcruiser this was the case often thanks for reminding me!

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
We’ll never know, but the conversion rate of pre sales to closed sales may end up in the 50% range. With the low barrier to entry ($450 deposit, since refunded), it was more like an option. Situations change after a couple of years, including high interest rates, competitor offerings, inevitable mechanical issues with a start-up auto manufacturer, etc. That being said, I do think Ineos’s strategy of getting these vehicles to dealers is sound, and I think dealers recognized that there would be a meaningful percentage of “customs” converting to “specs” to use a home builder analogy. Personally, I’m moving full steam ahead with my purchase when my vehicle gets to the dealer in the next couple of weeks.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
We’ll never know, but the conversion rate of pre sales to closed sales may end up in the 50% range. With the low barrier to entry ($450 deposit, since refunded), it was more like an option. Situations change after a couple of years, including high interest rates, competitor offerings, inevitable mechanical issues with a start-up auto manufacturer, etc. That being said, I do think Ineos’s strategy of getting these vehicles to dealers is sound, and I think dealers recognized that there would be a meaningful percentage of “customs” converting to “specs” to use a home builder analogy. Personally, I’m moving full steam ahead with my purchase when my vehicle gets to the dealer in the next couple of weeks.
Yes, my desire is to get what I spec'd out and not what someone else spec'd out. However, if one was late to the game this might be the best way to acquire one albeit with, perhaps, a higher cost.

Sekurt

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Interesting quote from one of the listings.

“Hennessy Jaguar Land Rover Buckhead is proud to offer you this Exceptional 2024 INEOS Grenadier ! It comes well appointed, is exceptionally clean, and has undergone a rigorous mechanical and cosmetic reconditioning process.”

Appears the vehicle was damaged and is a repair resale

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Very interesting that 6 of these are from Bentley High Point (my assigned dealer 😡) but no word from them for past 3 wks and I initiated the most recent email inquiry. Also peculiar that vehicles are listed under "Bentley" and not Triad Ineos??????
Those must be the ones Jamal was talking about... He advised me they had several available, while giving a vague answer to my timeline questions.

S52

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
8:11 AM
Reaction score
Every dealer probably has 5-6 that people backed out on. I think you are going to see quite a few for sale.
My dealer offered me one that someone backed out of. Would have been a Feb delivery. It was close but not spot on with my options list so I passed on it and gonna wait for my personal build in Q3 of 2024

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Those must be the ones Jamal was talking about... He advised me they had several available, while giving a vague answer to my timeline questions.
When was your last communication with him?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who owns the cars that aren't optioned? The dealer or Ineos? I would think if they are delivered, they are owned by the dealer- but that is HUGE risk to take a year or so ago when signing up to be a dealer. What if they were absolute dogs and didn't get optioned and the dealer had all kinds of stock..

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:11 PM
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, who owns the cars that aren't optioned? The dealer or Ineos? I would think if they are delivered, they are owned by the dealer- but that is HUGE risk to take a year or so ago when signing up to be a dealer. What if they were absolute dogs and didn't get optioned and the dealer had all kinds of stock..
In the UK, it is Ineos that still owns them. The dealer does own any vehicles ( unless they ordered one for themselves). The dealer is paid a " handling" fee for each vehicle sold, which covers PDI. Any subsequent or warranty work is paid for separately after Ineos approve the work. I have to say the " handing fee" IMHO is not that generous, ( I'm not going to quote the figure I was given on an open forum), considering the hassle some dealers are put through.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The dealer does, as with any other brand

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
just counted 30.... How is it one dealer has so many backed out of? Shame on them.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
just counted 30.... How is it one dealer has so many backed out of? Shame on them.
If they manage to sell them all at 129+ - lets just say 30k over cost - that's an extra $900k in their pockets. They probably don't care at the point.

Back
Top Bottom