The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Selling my 18” Alloys with BFG K02’s

Texas Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
I have upgraded my wheels and tires to 17” wheels and tires and these are for sale. Asking $1800 + shipping US only. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1117.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 157
  • IMG_1118.jpeg
    5.5 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1121.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 66

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:28 PM
Reaction score
That does look good, and really helps me validate the idea of getting the bigger tires. I specifically went with the non-KO2s to save money. But I wonder if it will be easier to sell KO2s than the other tires.

ETA: I was concerned about the 1mm rear door clearance, until I figured out you meant the cargo, not rear passenger door...

Last edited:

Colorado

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:28 PM
Reaction score
Please forgive me in advance for my ignorance. I am relatively new to off roading/overlanding. I love the look of the 285/70/17 tires when compared to what comes stock on the Trialmaster. My questions are: Other than looking better, what are the real life, noticeable and functional advantages of going from a 265 to a 285?

Also, since this would slightly change the vehicle from what Ineos designed it to be with the 265’ , would there need to be ANY changes at all to the vehicle in addition to just changing the tires from 265’ to 285’ so that it doesn’t mess up any of Ineos’ engineering? Obviously, if a lift is involved that is an another story. I’m just talking about simply changing the tire size. I really appreciate everyone on this forum for their input. I am learning an incredible amount from some extremely knowledgeable people.

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The ride is much better in mine with the 285s over the 265s.
That’s interesting, can you qualify or quantify the difference?

The vehicle will ride about an inch higher, a bit less correct?

Can the switch be done on the standard 17or 18inch rims that come, or does the offset have to be changed?

While it seems that it isn’t necessary, new springs would be appropriate(better word?), like the Eibach replacements.?

thale10

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
10:28 PM
Reaction score
That’s interesting, can you qualify or quantify the difference?

The vehicle will ride about an inch higher, a bit less correct?

Can the switch be done on the standard 17or 18inch rims that come, or does the offset have to be changed?

While it seems that it isn’t necessary, new springs would be appropriate(better word?), like the Eibach replacements.?
I went with 285/65/18's on stock wheels. Same height as the 255/70's but a little wider. I had the AT's not the KO2's and I went with the Nitto Recon Grappler. I like the look and it feels like the ride is better since there's more tread on the ground.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I went with 285/65/18's on stock wheels. Same height as the 255/70's but a little wider. I had the AT's not the KO2's and I went with the Nitto Recon Grappler. I like the look and it feels like the ride is better since there's more tread on the ground.
Photo(s)?

Back
Top Bottom