The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

what is this warning for? (Bonnet/hood)

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

i get this warning alert from my center dash but im not sure what it is. i assume its a forward collision alert?
why do i get it almost every time i turn at low speed? (my volvo xc90 does the same thing so i'm not thinking its unusual).

PXL_20240503_200043282.jpg

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:12 AM
Reaction score
Hi all,

i get this warning alert from my center dash but im not sure what it is. i assume its a forward collision alert?
why do i get it almost every time i turn at low speed? (my volvo xc90 does the same thing so i'm not thinking its unusual).

View attachment 7855617
I just had an aftermarket wrap put on and i am getting the same thing now. Interesting that the comments say the hood is not latched. I will check that tomorrow. I had assumed that the wrap had blocked a sensor or had been hit in install.

parb

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
aha! i am having that problem intermittently. This is the bonnet warning? Is there any adjustment that can be made for the bonnet sensor, i am pretty sure i have it solidly latched. The warning only happens when i turn the car left or right at slow speeds.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
Reaction score
The easiest way to check if it’s latched properly is to unlatch it. There should be a positive 2 clicks heard and felt as both latches release. Then to close drop from about 18” when it’s fully closed then there should be a little give of when you push down as the seals compress a little more. There is adjustment on the bump stops to make it snug.

Or it could be a faulty/misaligned switch ;)

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The easiest way to check if it’s latched properly is to unlatch it. There should be a positive 2 clicks heard and felt as both latches release. Then to close drop from about 18” when it’s fully closed then there should be a little give of when you push down as the seals compress a little more. There is adjustment on the bump stops to make it snug.

Or it could be a faulty/misaligned switch ;)
Hmmm…well, i have tried that method several times and although it seems to latch well, the warning is on my dash (albeit white versus red). It would not be such a big deal but as someone noted, you cannot lock your vehicle.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:12 AM
Reaction score
aha! i am having that problem intermittently. This is the bonnet warning? Is there any adjustment that can be made for the bonnet sensor, i am pretty sure i have it solidly latched. The warning only happens when i turn the car left or right at slow speeds.
I now drop the bonnet from shoulder height, I never had the problem again. Any lower I have the problem even though the bonnet looks shut.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:12 PM
Reaction score
The hood needs a strong impulse to close.

To do this, I simply let the front fall down a good 35 to 40 cm.

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The hood needs a strong impulse to close.

To do this, I simply let the front fall down a good 35 to 40 cm.
I now drop the bonnet from shoulder height, I never had the problem again. Any lower I have the problem even though the bonnet looks shut.
Well, i am not sure If it was following your shoulder height comment and or resetting after driving the car (that has been the issue on a couple of other warnings) but that worked. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom