The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

BFG take off interest?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:58 AM
Reaction score
I plan to get different tires for my TM upon arrival and am curious if anyone here might be interested in the stock BFGs. I’m just floating this out there.

Right now I’m leaning towards Method wheels, maybe the 706. Not sure though.

Without doing any price shopping and just hitting TireRack 5 method 706s, BFG 285/75/17 Km3, 5 new TMPS, mounted, balanced, and shipped for $3,300. Naturally I’ll shop around but that gives me a ballpark price.

Last edited:

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:58 PM
Reaction score
I plan to get different tires for my TM upon arrival and am curious if anyone here might be interested in the stock BFGs. I’m just floating this out there.

Right now I’m leaning towards Method wheels, maybe the 706. Not sure though.

Without doing any price shopping and just hitting TireRack 5 method 706s, BFG 285/75/17 Km3, 5 new TMPS, mounted, balanced, and shipped for $3,300. Naturally I’ll shop around but that gives me a ballpark price.
Hi Krabby, I like your idea of after market rims and new tire size choice. Please provide pictures when once you have them mounted on your soon to arrive Trial Master.
I would also like to get your input and impressions on how they perform off road and on road and especially how the noise level is on road. DaBull.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The great thing about the stock tires at least, is that they are in a very common size used by a ton of 1/2 ton trucks and SUVs and someone is always looking for tires in that size

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby I don't know if it was posted bit method is running 15% off rims for black Friday.

@anand do you think 285/75 would work or would I be pushing my luck with the eibach lift?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@anand do you think 285/75 would work or would I be pushing my luck with the eibach lift?
I'm pretty sure someone already did 285/75 without the springs. With the springs I don't think it would be a problem. The rear door clearance may be an issue?

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm getting 295/70r17 BFG KO2s on the stock rims. My plan as well is to sell the original take-offs, which is why I'm going to head to Costco directly if the dealer can't get them on first (they are checking price and availability for about a week now - crickets!). There was a member here who got them and said he had no clearance issues under normal use (nothing maxxing out articulation / rock crawling). I have ordered the Eibach springs but won't wait to put on the tires if the springs don't come in time. I'll do the spring kit when they come in. So, I may be driving from Salt Lake City back to Tucson on 295s with no lift.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure someone already did 285/75 without the springs. With the springs I don't think it would be a problem. The rear door clearance may be an issue?
I can never remember who it was, but I remember he posted pics of the 295s clearing by a few mm.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
@Krabby I don't know if it was posted bit method is running 15% off rims for black Friday.

Thanks for the tip. I actually managed to get them for 20% off - and they actually got delivered yesterday. Thing is, my truck does not yet exist, but I figured the marked down price would be the lowest I'd find.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip. I actually managed to get them for 20% off - and they actually got delivered yesterday. Thing is, my truck does not yet exist, but I figured the marked down price would be the lowest I'd find.
Ha! I have a set of 5 Method 703's in the garage for a vehicle I won't have for over two months. Twas a Black Friday deal. Now I have time to get tires on them in no hurry.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ha! I have a set of 5 Method 703's in the garage for a vehicle I won't have for over two months. Twas a Black Friday deal. Now I have time to get tires on them in no hurry.
Same boat but I have 706s 🎧

Back
Top Bottom