The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Need Help - Why does a NA build vehicle have a UK/Germany Flag emblem??

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
Nevermind! Google is my friend.

This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:16 AM
Reaction score
All I wanted was the British one - not an option when ordering from US. Only option was US flag. That's the reason why I'm so puzzled as to why I have a combo UK:Germany. Thanks everyone for the replies especially those that bring a smile at the end of the day!
If there’s enough demand we can do a run of enamel flags…..

AWo

Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
as I recall most of the engineering took place in Germany until Magna took over to build the prototypes. Many engineers and managers came from German manufacturers like Mercedes.
But this said I don’t find anything about the place of the early development in the web. Probably @AWo knows more about it.
What do you mean by early development? You could read it officcally on the Grenadier website (News) in the past, that the first development partner was Mercedes-Benz Technologies which was transferred into AKA Automotive later. They developed cars like the E-Class convertible etc. in the past. Never a 4x4.

Interestingly this official press release has been removed from the website. I found our official news regarding this on Matsch&PIste ( https://matsch-und-piste.de/mbtech-ist-ineos-automotive-entwicklungspartner-im-projekt-grenadier/ ),

And the Internet doesn't forget: https://web.archive.org/web/20191007145538/https://ineosgrenadier.com/news

AWo

Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
There is an INEOS Fitting Guide on the badge panel, from the standard badge to a UK flag badge. Perhaps we can also use a compatible flag for other counties like the US or Australia (hint hint @Stu_Barnes). Link here to the English version.

It is a panel rather than a flag, is the downside. There must be a way to replace the flag only for other countries.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
…not to mention the new Welsh 20mph speed limit!
I don't know why I'm laughing, it is being rolled out in Southern Scotland villages, Scottish Borders Council have already done so and Dumfries and Galloway Council have just started the roll out.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
1:16 PM
Reaction score
I don't know why I'm laughing, it is being rolled out in Southern Scotland villages, Scottish Borders Council have already done so and Dumfries and Galloway Council have just started the roll out.
There are advantages to living a little more remotely! so far limits here are unchanged…… and no speed cameras, traffic lights, roundabouts, parking charges, enforced parking restrictions or dual carriageways. We just have potholes!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:16 AM
Reaction score
I didn't get one b/c of the RAI, but I want to order one and stick it on anyway.
Dealer is a little swamped right now and besides has no spares in inventory yet.
Any idea where to get one?
Or maybe an enamel and metal union jack of the approximate same size?
I believe you can order different flags from IA - although IIRCC, they're expensive.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is an INEOS Fitting Guide on the badge panel, from the standard badge to a UK flag badge. Perhaps we can also use a compatible flag for other counties like the US or Australia (hint hint @Stu_Barnes). Link here to the English version.

It is a panel rather than a flag, is the downside. There must be a way to replace the flag only for other countries.
Seriously weird it's the whole panel - I figured the flag was just attached with adhesive and could be popped out. Seems inefficient to stock different plates for every offered flag option.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does the texture of the RAI seem appropriate for a decal to stick well? Or is textured to the point where a sticker will not work well?

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does the texture of the RAI seem appropriate for a decal to stick well? Or is textured to the point where a sticker will not work well?
Hi @Krabby I stuck my union jack on before last summer. So far it's still sticking well.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:16 AM
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered panels instead of side windows to avoid the French flag - some bstard just stuck it on my rear door window instead!!
Yes, the sticker is also on my rear window.
I just thought that the section with the 3 colours could have been made bigger, then you would have recognised straight away that it was supposed to be the Union Jack. :ROFLMAO:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:16 PM
Reaction score
Seriously weird it's the whole panel - I figured the flag was just attached with adhesive and could be popped out. Seems inefficient to stock different plates for every offered flag option.
Weird indeed. But someone will figure a way of removing the badge only. They must stick it onto the panel.

At least the Guides has given us some information. I have already used 3 or 4 Guides to get greater insight into the accessory and how to fit it. The LED Lightbar Guide meant I bought the INEOS accessory after studying the Guide, I had a short list of 3 brands.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom