The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Need Help - Why does a NA build vehicle have a UK/Germany Flag emblem??

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I can. understand the British flag, but what does Germany have to do with anything here?
as I recall most of the engineering took place in Germany until Magna took over to build the prototypes. Many engineers and managers came from German manufacturers like Mercedes.
But this said I don’t find anything about the place of the early development in the web. Probably @AWo knows more about it.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
Serious now ... let's stop laughing ... made in Europe with worldwide components :unsure:

EDITED: Global ... Grenadier like all cars? :unsure:
If the world could forget to be serious, and found time to laugh at itself, and with itself, th world would then become a much happier and safer place for us all to live together in peace.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:52 AM
Reaction score
I agree with you @Coullabus There was discussion of the origin of the vehicle and I happened to have my Monroney sticker handy which shows it's a pretty diversely sourced vehicle. No one country can truly claim the Grenadier. UK maybe if it was built there but Sir Jim passed on the opportunity.

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
I agree with you @Coullabus but not sure why the eye roll was needed. There was discussion of the origin of the vehicle and I happened to have my Monroney sticker handy which shows it's a pretty diversely sourced vehicle. No one country can truly claim the Grenadier. UK maybe if it was built there but Sir Jim passed on the opportunity.
The world is global, we can't live without each other, be it on microscopical level or macroscopical level, but this is a philosophical discussion indeed.

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I agree with you @Coullabus but not sure why the eye roll was needed. There was discussion of the origin of the vehicle and I happened to have my Monroney sticker handy which shows it's a pretty diversely sourced vehicle. No one country can truly claim the Grenadier. UK maybe if it was built there but Sir Jim passed on the opportunity.
Yep. Guilty. I pressed the wrong face-thingy. Now edited. The vehicle was going to be built, originally, in Wales - but Sir Jim was made an offer no business man could refuse by Mercedes. That’s life.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
The world is global, we can't live without each other, be it on microscopical level or macroscopical level, but this is a philosophical discussion indeed.
I’m no philosopher! Just a believer in people. And the power of laughter. What a wonderful, diverse world we live in, and all too often have made a mess of. There is no room for negativity in my opinion. Look for the positives- especially the positives that involve fun and laughter.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yep. Guilty. I pressed the wrong face-thingy. Now edited. The vehicle was going to be built, originally, in Wales - but Sir Jim was made an offer no business man could refuse by Mercedes. That’s life.
Mercedes made the offer after the Welsh government were less than helpful with a grant for the factory in Wales. The inverted A in the front grill of the vehicle was their gesture to the Welsh government for their " help".

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Mercedes made the offer after the Welsh government were less than helpful with a grant for the factory in Wales. The inverted A in the front grill of the vehicle was their gesture to the Welsh government for their " help".
…not to mention the new Welsh 20mph speed limit!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi @Jeffrey I feel the same way. That's why I only have the British one.
All I wanted was the British one - not an option when ordering from US. Only option was US flag. That's the reason why I'm so puzzled as to why I have a combo UK:Germany. Thanks everyone for the replies especially those that bring a smile at the end of the day!

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 AM
Reaction score
I didn't get one b/c of the RAI, but I want to order one and stick it on anyway.
Dealer is a little swamped right now and besides has no spares in inventory yet.
Any idea where to get one?
Or maybe an enamel and metal union jack of the approximate same size?

Back
Top Bottom