The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Need Help - Why does a NA build vehicle have a UK/Germany Flag emblem??

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:14 AM
Reaction score
I agree with you @Coullabus There was discussion of the origin of the vehicle and I happened to have my Monroney sticker handy which shows it's a pretty diversely sourced vehicle. No one country can truly claim the Grenadier. UK maybe if it was built there but Sir Jim passed on the opportunity.

And as a result, the Grenadier made it to market 1 or 2 years ahead of schedule if I recall.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seriously weird it's the whole panel - I figured the flag was just attached with adhesive and could be popped out. Seems inefficient to stock different plates for every offered flag option.
I too thought it simply an "insert". Haven't laid hands on so wasn't aware it was an entire panel.

Local time
7:44 PM
Reaction score
The Ineos Grenadier is an automobile.
On January 29 1886 Carl Benz received patent number 37435 for the invention of the automobile.
Bertha Benz did the first long distance trip in an automobile in August 1888.
Gottlieb Daimler and Wilhelm Maybach designed the first car from the ground up, so it actually looked like a car in 1889.
The production of approximately 50% of the world's cars from the 1890's to early 1900's were by Panyard-Levassor, and Peugeot, Both French.
Wilhelm Maybach invented water cooling, the honeycomb radiator, increasing motor output many fold.
In 1929 a 550 hp V12 was made by Maybach, mainly used in aircraft.
Grand Prix racing started in France, and Louis Rigolly a French man was the first to reach 100 mph in an automobile (103.561 mph) on the 21st July 1904
A Brit in a Sunbeam was the first car to reach 200 mph.
So in short I am OK with their flags.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:14 AM
Reaction score
This site contains affiliate links for which The Grenadier Forum may be compensated.

nuclearbeef

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Seem to adhere well to the textured plastic?
The adhesive backing was 3M and is a foam backing, so I think it might adhere well.
Haven't even driven with it on yet, so no test results.
I put it where I did so that it was kinda protected from spray and debris coming up from the front tire.

Just have to see if it's still there after awhile.

TRAILMASTER

Production/Transit
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
British company, ergo a British vehicle. German engineering. But built in France, albeit in a former Mercedes factory. QED. :)
It's a hat-trick (hat trick) for me:
German family ancestry since mid-1600's is from a small village in central Hesse (relatives still present);
United States my birthplace and current residence; and
UK naturalized citizen (dual citizenship / passport) since 2018

The Hambach window sticker may get removed (no offense to France) once delivered.

Last edited:

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:14 AM
Reaction score
It's a hat-trick (hat trick) for me:
German family ancestry since mid-1600's is from a small village in central Hesse (relatives still present);
United States my birthplace and current residence; and
UK naturalized citizen (dual citizenships and passports) since 2018

The Hamburg sticker may need to be removed (no offense to France) once delivered.
Hamburg? or Hambach? :)

As soon as I find the right one there'll be a Scottish Saltire on mine - and I was born/brought up in England! (Much happier here!)

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Sometimes, depending upon the person , I tell people it's a French car. It's got a French name , if you are into etymology. And the sticker "proves" it 😁
I was also thinking - vehicle conceived in a British pub named The Grenadier, before the plant in Hambach was known. So, sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
8:14 PM
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gaffer

Production/Transit
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps the flag is aspirational. Wasn't Hambach part of the German Imperial Territory of Alsace-Lorraine until 1918? ;)

Back
Top Bottom