The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas 17 for sale on cars.com

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:05 PM
Reaction score
Either that or they are just listing every truck that is coming to them to generate interest online
That would be thought. Happened to my Dad when he reserved the Mazda CX90 before it was released. Dealer listed it on their website for sale. Pissed my Dad off and he told them to “eff off” and bought a lexus instead. I’m sure the dealter didn’t care one way or the other.

FlyingTexan

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If they manage to sell them all at 129+ - lets just say 30k over cost - that's an extra $900k in their pockets. They probably don't care at the point.
Dealer buys them and sells them to you so their cost has be much lower. They might not care but it’d be nice if Ineos did and decided to look elsewhere. I wouldn’t want to be bedmates with someone abusing the system right off the bat.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
just counted 30.... How is it one dealer has so many backed out of? Shame on them.
Not only shame on them for that #, but also the extreme lack of communication to us reservation holders whose vehicles arrived Brunswick last month. :mad:

Mr.Espresso

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Not only shame on them for that #, but also the extreme lack of communication to us reservation holders whose vehicles arrived Brunswick last month. :mad:
From what I understand, the first few cars delivered was sort of a dry run, a limited amount of cars. Now, it appears the flood gates are opening and we will begin to see mass deliveries across USA. All of this could have been solved via a simple email, to all reservation holders, keeping us informed.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
From what I understand, the first few cars delivered was sort of a dry run, a limited amount of cars. Now, it appears the flood gates are opening and we will begin to see mass deliveries across USA. All of this could have been solved via a simple email, to all reservation holders, keeping us informed.
Spot on!

Offroad

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 PM
Reaction score
just counted 30.... How is it one dealer has so many backed out of? Shame on them.
It was a pretty loose commitment on the pre-orders. I think the delays at port have caused a market awareness issue and that has killed the flipper market for now anyway.

Local time
Reaction score
First attempt at a flip (resale) that I've seen, although I just started looking. Failed. Reserve not met.
Seller comment, cut and pasted: "I as the owner asli curious where the market will be for these. Unfortunalty, I am selling mine not voluntarily. Too high for my condo building garage. Really sad"

Last edited:

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I hope so. Feb 22 reservation, I’ve seen everything from 23Q4 delivery to 24Q2 delivery. Dealer says that they have no vision on when mine will come. I told them some minimum features I’ve want to pick up a ‘toss away’ reservation- though if they can sell cars at these prices, I doubt I’ll get to jump line.

I don’t begrudge the dealers getting what they can get. Sets a precedent for us actual owners- we might be able to drive them for a few years for ‘free’, though I don’t expect the premium to hold up. I think the high prices are OK if the dealers have to take every pre-order, with out any requirement to buy. Let’s say that there were more issues with the IG, or the economy took a major turn south, or any number of things- the dealers would be stuck with inventory that they might not be able to move at all. As long as they aren’t jacking with the reservation holders, I’m OK with them getting a premium.

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Very interesting that 6 of these are from Bentley High Point (my assigned dealer 😡) but no word from them for past 3 wks and I initiated the most recent email inquiry. Also peculiar that vehicles are listed under "Bentley" and not Triad Ineos??????
I got mine from High Point and I didn’t see any marked up. They told me they weren’t allowed to mark up any new cars. Where are you seeing them?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I got mine from High Point and I didn’t see any marked up. They told me they weren’t allowed to mark up any new cars. Where are you seeing them?
It's interesting to note that it looks like they took them all down off of Cars.com; I wonder if someone at the dealership got a phone call/email about it??

Several people, myself included, view Triad's (and Crown in FL) $999 doc fee as a markup-in-disguise (the primary thing that prompted me to switch to Regal in GA); not saying that they are the only ones, or that they are unique in their fees given the rules in the state of NC (or FL, or many others).

bradshow

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
It's interesting to note that it looks like they took them all down off of Cars.com; I wonder if someone at the dealership got a phone call/email about it??

Several people, myself included, view Triad's (and Crown in FL) $999 doc fee as a markup-in-disguise (the primary thing that prompted me to switch to Regal in GA); not saying that they are the only ones, or that they are unique in their fees given the rules in the state of NC (or FL, or many others).
I must’ve looked after they took it down. I was supposed to get mine in Q3 2024 and ended up purchasing one at High Point a couple weeks ago that was almost identical to my order. With so many dealerships marking up cars $5k-$10k over MSRP, I was more than happy to pay $999 fee to get one 8 months earlier than I expected. With that being said, I understand what you’re saying.

carlg007

Contract Signed
Local time
Reaction score
I must’ve looked after they took it down. I was supposed to get mine in Q3 2024 and ended up purchasing one at High Point a couple weeks ago that was almost identical to my order. With so many dealerships marking up cars $5k-$10k over MSRP, I was more than happy to pay $999 fee to get one 8 months earlier than I expected. With that being said, I understand what you’re saying.
What amazes me is that those dealer fees would not exist if people simply would not keep paying them and to ever pay over sticker on a car is just plain stupid! I do not understand why so many people can not wait to just hand over their money and give it to a bunch of GREEDY car dealers! Be smart and remember patience is a virtue and having money in the bank is nice!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What amazes me is that those dealer fees would not exist if people simply would not keep paying them and to ever pay over sticker on a car is just plain stupid! I do not understand why so many people can not wait to just hand over their money and give it to a bunch of GREEDY car dealers! Be smart and remember patience is a virtue and having money in the bank is nice!
I agree totally - and if you're buying a Ford or Honda you have hundreds of dealers from which to choose. Purchasing from a new mfg with only 19 dealerships spread across the entire nation, those choices are/were limited. Adding to that, when those choices were made we did not know who would be charging what either. My dealer is in PA and the state caps doc fees at ~$500. Take a wild guess what my doc fee will be ;)
I'm not as bad off as the folks getting stuck with $999, but I'm worse off than California buyers whose state caps doc fees really low ($85 IIRC) and even worse off than those fortunate enough to have a dealer charging ZERO doc fee.

Last edited:

pgar171

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Mossy in Houston offered me a turned down base model that had every option available. Made it about 10k more than I was willing to pay. that was a couple of weeks ago.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:05 AM
Reaction score
There's quite a few in Australia; some crazy wordings (?bots) - "the family will love..hill ascent control (HAC)..."

• Haha
Reactions: AWo
Back
Top Bottom