The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Workshop Manuals available?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
12:41 PM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I reached out on LinkedIn to Steven Graham, Head of Aftersales at Ineos Automotive and he wrote,

"Hi Jeremy and thanks for your question.
We are planning to release later this year the workshop manual as well as other items for our customers but need to get a few things done first to ensure it’s a smooth release.
Hope that helps
Steve"

I am a little reassured and will recommence gentle grumbling rather than the more strident growling of recent days.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:41 AM
Reaction score
I reached out on LinkedIn to Steven Graham, Head of Aftersales at Ineos Automotive and he wrote,

"Hi Jeremy and thanks for your question.
We are planning to release later this year the workshop manual as well as other items for our customers but need to get a few things done first to ensure it’s a smooth release.
Hope that helps
Steve"

I am a little reassured and will recommence gentle grumbling rather than the more strident growling of recent days.

This reiterates Greg Clark’s comments in a session we have recorded a little while back. (It will be in the soon to be rebooted season 2 of the podcast)

mikeonline

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
here in germany, a dealer told me, that dealers blocked ineos not to give out the workshop/service manuals, because they fear to loss money.
i dont know if it is true, but INEOS should provide the promised manual as in my opinion this is a declaration they did and this was one of many important things to buy such a rare and strange car.
because its better, opener and not like the SUV/unstable normal car stuff...

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
here in germany, a dealer told me, that dealers blocked ineos not to give out the workshop/service manuals, because they fear to loss money.
i dont know if it is true, but INEOS should provide the promised manual as in my opinion this is a declaration they did and this was one of many important things to buy such a rare and strange car.
because its better, opener and not like the SUV/unstable normal car stuff...
If they really did, then they deserve nothing but ridicule, short sighted Muppets!

A good manual is a sales tool, both for the vehicle and their skills. There are jobs I'll do, (oil change, fuses etc.) and jobs I'm happier paying for, (software, autobox fluid change, anything heavy or needing a ramp).

AWo

Local time
6:41 PM
Reaction score
I don't believe that the dealer are responsible for that. Is there something like a coordinated dealer association developing that power? That would have been discussed and decided before IA advertises and announces that while the whole world is watching. Don't they suffer themself from missing manuals? I just can think o that some dealers had a wish to hold it back.

AWo

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
If they really did, then they deserve nothing but ridicule, short sighted Muppets!

A good manual is a sales tool, both for the vehicle and their skills. There are jobs I'll do, (oil change, fuses etc.) and jobs I'm happier paying for, (software, autobox fluid change, anything heavy or needing a ramp).
It's possible they're getting some dealer pushback. However, as mentioned in previous posts...at the recent 'tech tour', in response to some quite pointed questions on this (read owner frustration!!) the head of Ineos Asia-Pacific... was very definite that a manual in some form with access probably based on VIN Number would be available Q4 this year. According to him, Ineos were yet to decide on the final "platform". The dealers have access but it's a very different IT setup when you have to accommodate potentially thousands of "queries" 24/7 from a global customer base.
Mind you, in outback Australia, access restricted to "online only" is about as useful as a paperless dunny .....

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I don't believe that the dealer are responsible for that. Is there something like a coordinated dealer association developing that power?
We certainly have it here in the US, and they lobby congress big time. National Auto Dealers Assoc (NADA). Constantly battling against right to repair movement.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:41 PM
Reaction score
Here in Australia the cost of paying a half decent motor mech to stay on the books is one good reason why the local dealers wouldn't want us owners having the manual... just a hunch. They promised this fix a very long time ago and is half the reason I held off entirely on kitting out the truck... and slow after market options too!!!

Local time
12:41 AM
Reaction score
Before the launch Ineos talked a good story on the repair manual, to me it was a promise. It's one major thing holding me back from buying. There are a few other things too such as the foot wedge on the right hand drive, the price of the vehicle. If the repair manual was released I think it would tip it for me.

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
Here in Australia the cost of paying a half decent motor mech to stay on the books is one good reason why the local dealers wouldn't want us owners having the manual... just a hunch. They promised this fix a very long time ago and is half the reason I held off entirely on kitting out the truck... and slow after market options too!!!
Personally, I think this would be a cop out if Ineos let themselves be persuaded by this argument.

I have a complete workshop manual in soft copy for my Land Rover Discovery 2 - soft copy can be purchased online for $10 and hard copies are available from Land Rover for a couple of hundred bucks.

$10 bought me a workshop manual for my Grand Cherokee.

The Grenadier is an enthusiast's vehicle and Ineos know this - that's why they originally advertised the availability of a workshop manual.

I'm personally confident that they will eventually make one available and hope that my confidence is not misplaced.

Back
Top Bottom