The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Workshop Manuals available?

AWo

Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

are there some dealer/workshop guys around here?

Does someone know if workshop manuals are available, yet and if they are sold to the public?

Cherrs
AWo

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Does someone know if workshop manuals are available, yet and if they are sold to the public?

Cherrs
AWo
@AWo have a look here

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Cherrs
AWo
I’d asked the same question of local Ineos reps at the last drive day. They believed so but did not have confirmation.

@MrMike this being the service manual (work instructions) not the owners manual.

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I should’ve been more specific. My question was whether there were assets available (to support users servicing their vehicle in the field) beyond the CAD-IT solution, or whether this was complete as to service and workshop procedures (this in the context of emissions systems maintenance etc). The reps believed that other materials would be relevant (eg as provided to Bosch Service Centres) but had neither confirmation of this or indeed had even seen the CAD-IT solution.

Without reopening Pandoras Box… this regarding proactive maintenance of the DPF (a set of instructions that might be expected in a workshop/service manual but not an owners manual).

bakepl

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I should’ve been more specific. My question was whether there were assets available (to support users servicing their vehicle in the field) beyond the CAD-IT solution, or whether this was complete as to service and workshop procedures (this in the context of emissions systems maintenance etc). The reps believed that other materials would be relevant (eg as provided to Bosch Service Centres) but had neither confirmation of this or indeed had even seen the CAD-IT solution.

Without reopening Pandoras Box… this regarding proactive maintenance of the DPF (a set of instructions that might be expected in a workshop/service manual but not an owners manual).
Spot on, service manuals please. e.g. Owners manual gives specs of engine oil but not for other fluids that I can find yet says fluids must be checked weekly.. if fluids are needed what do we top up with? Perhaps present owners can ask for this info and hopefully it will be available by the time cars are delivered to customers in Aus.. 😆

GoneNative

Grenadier Ordered
Forum Donor
Local time
2:08 AM
Reaction score
I thought years ago I heard IA say the vehicle was going to be so simple it can be fixed by the owner in the field, like an old defender.

A Haynes repair shop guide with all the specs and photographic instructions would be awesome.

Especially if leather bound and thick paper, with a storage location in the vehicle.

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Spot on, service manuals please. e.g. Owners manual gives specs of engine oil but not for other fluids that I can find yet says fluids must be checked weekly.. if fluids are needed what do we top up with? Perhaps present owners can ask for this info and hopefully it will be available by the time cars are delivered to customers in Aus.. 😆
In the early days there were promises that the workshop manual would be available and owners could work on their own vehicles, within reason of course. So far that promise has gone very quiet. It would be great to find out what the wiring diagram, at least block level, is so we can work out where is best to splice into it. Just to be able to do a basic service along with brake pad replacement etc would be awesome. The idea of an open manual was one of the features that originally attracted me to this .4x4

Greasemonkey

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:08 AM
Reaction score
When I picked up my Grenadier in Cologne yesterday, I also asked for the workshop manual. Supposedly you have to register with INEOS and then you get an access code for the digital workshop manual. My dealer could not tell me how this registration should take place. Any ideas ?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
I have asked this question of senior INEOS execs many times and the answer is it is always coming, a bit like tomorrow!
I am supposedly speaking to them again next week and will try and force this issue along with others.
Unfortunately INEOS seem to change specifications, plans and promises at the drop of a hat and then fail to tell us about it.
UK delivery partners all have this information now, I suspect INEOS are rowing back on this promise to us buyers, but am happy to be proved wrong. Same with the software updates, always 2 to 4 weeks away, but never arriving. (as yet!)

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have asked this question of senior INEOS execs many times and the answer is it is always coming, a bit like tomorrow!
I am supposedly speaking to them again next week and will try and force this issue along with others.
Unfortunately INEOS seem to change specifications, plans and promises at the drop of a hat and then fail to tell us about it.
UK delivery partners all have this information now, I suspect INEOS are rowing back on this promise to us buyers, but am happy to be proved wrong. Same with the software updates, always 2 to 4 weeks away, but never arriving. (as yet!)
Interestingly when i was at a drive day in Queensland i asked the question about service manuals. The reply was non committal but basically implied that we cannot give full service manuals to people who may not have the skill set to use it.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:08 AM
Reaction score
Interestingly when i was at a drive day in Queensland i asked the question about service manuals. The reply was non committal but basically implied that we cannot give full service manuals to people who may not have the skill set to use it.
Well I wish they had the same approach to skill set with their own staff!!!

Yes it's facetious Friday boys!

ericge

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@AWo have a look here
Ah - the Owners Manual... I do like German/European engineering, even with its faults BUT this book seems to be a classic examples of engineers being unable to communicate with the normal customer. The writers are simply unable to put themselves in the shoes of a non-engineer trying to do simple things in a new Grenadier - like save a radio station on the media unit. They seem to take the position that It's all perfectly easy if only you you work hard and make sure you properly understand the software architecture, core systems and functionality of the unit first. Then it's just a matter of a few simple steps. If you can't be bothered studying first, well, that's not my problem...

Perhaps INEOS could come up with another booklet? Something like Reading the Grenadier Manual for Dummies?

KDJDGrenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Ah - the Owners Manual... I do like German/European engineering, even with its faults BUT this book seems to be a classic examples of engineers being unable to communicate with the normal customer. The writers are simply unable to put themselves in the shoes of a non-engineer trying to do simple things in a new Grenadier - like save a radio station on the media unit. They seem to take the position that It's all perfectly easy if only you you work hard and make sure you properly understand the software architecture, core systems and functionality of the unit first. Then it's just a matter of a few simple steps. If you can't be bothered studying first, well, that's not my problem...

Perhaps INEOS could come up with another booklet? Something like Reading the Grenadier Manual for Dummies?
I think you might be right on the money :)

Reactions: PBD

Ineos1NZ

Contract Signed
Local time
6:08 PM
Reaction score
Hello,

Cherrs
AWo
in the original marketing INEOS said there would be an online service and repair manual available, I have not seen one yet

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
in the original marketing INEOS said there would be an online service and repair manual available, I have not seen one yet
Unfortunately, I have heard that there will be no such manual as advertised.

Back
Top Bottom