The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Workshop Manuals available?

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:41 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have heard that there will be no such manual as advertised.
Some talk about owners getting time limited paid access to a limited set of information. Which does not really align with what was promised.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have heard that there will be no such manual as advertised.
The online 3D repair manuals are still coming.
Last week the INEOS Head of APAC confirmed that they are still work in progress.
The delay is due to both IP & various EU consumer laws.
No time frame was given for their release to owners.

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
The online 3D repair manuals are still coming.
Last week the INEOS Head of APAC confirmed that they are still work in progress.
The delay is due to both IP & various EU consumer laws.
No time frame was given for their release to owners.
Hopefully I’ll see him next month and reinforce the point again…. Along with the significant deficiencies in the owners manual.
Cheers
Steve

Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
Any progress on repair manuals and self maintenance?
It seems pretty disappointing so far after all the talk before the launch.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any progress on repair manuals and self maintenance?
It seems pretty disappointing so far after all the talk before the launch.
This specific issue was raised directly to CEO of INEOS Automotive, Lyn Calder, last Sunday in Melbourne at the INEOS 4X4 Club Victoria BBQ.

She reinterated that the delay is due to working through domestic consumer law issues across multiple jurisdictions, and, as a consequence, it is difficult to determine the final release date. She took a note of the question and added to her phone.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:41 AM
Reaction score
This has been standard practice in the auto industry since long before she became CEO of a car company - hell, she had Haynes manuals around the house growing up.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This has been standard practice in the auto industry since long before she became CEO of a car company - hell, she had Haynes manuals around the house growing up.
good points but maybe consumer laws as more restrictive now - especially in the EU.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
good points but maybe consumer laws as more restrictive now - especially in the EU.

In some places - it is a requirement - so they are in violation of laws of they do, and in violation of they don't?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I have no illusions that I’ll be able to wrench this vehicle based on the manual, but hopefully it will help us get 3rd party mechanics more comfortable with working on them. That we don’t have manuals or the Bosch networks means there are very little options outside of sparsely placed dealers.

DustCloud

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It can be demonstrated that Ineos removed the information about the 3D Guides and Repair Manuals between 2023-07-16 and 2023-09-29. See later in this post for info about that. For now, we can see the page for the en/au locale at https://web.archive.org/web/20230716174616/https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/au/servicing-your-grenadier.

Access to the manual was a significant factor in my decision to purchase an Ineos Grenadier. The availability of the 3D Guides and Repair Manuals was also communicated by Ineos employees or agents at both the test drive events I attended. The availablity of the 3D Guides and Repair Manuals continued to be promoted on the web site after I paid a non-refundable deposit, and after I signed my contract. Australian Competition and Consumer Commission has a lot to say about false and misleading conduct with regards to false adverting and promotion, so there is a reasonable expection Ineos will make the manual should become available.

I suggest everyone who is interested in gaining access to the 3D Guides and Repair Manuals, and who signed a contract prior to the information being removed should contact Ineos and ask when the manual will become available.

Find the URL of the 'Servicing Your Grenadier' for your locale:

screenshot-from-2024-01-03-09-44-41-png.7838193

Enter the link into https://web.archive.org/web/ to find the archived versions of the page, and examine each for the content around the availablity of the 3D Online Manual. e.g. mine is archived at https://web.archive.org/web/20230716174616/https://ineosgrenadier.com/en/au/servicing-your-grenadier however yours could differ. Take a screen shot including the Way Back Machine header.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 09-06-56 Servicing Your Grenadier - Internet Archive 2023-07-16.png

For comparison make a screenshot of the current page and record the date you downloaded the information.

Screenshot 2024-01-03 at 12-55-54 Servicing Your Grenadier.png

Attachments

• Screenshot from 2024-01-03 09-44-41.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-03 09-44-41.png
    326 KB · Views: 281
  • Screenshot from 2024-01-03 09-44-41.png
    Screenshot from 2024-01-03 09-44-41.png
    326 KB · Views: 29
Local time
Reaction score
I would be interested in knowing how not delivering on a promise about the availability of a part a the product is not in breach of consumer law and the purchasing contract yet they claim that delivery of said promise will be in breach of consumer law. What an absolute load of BS and an absolute cop out
How is a service manual provided to a customer in breach of any law?
How that manual is used could void warranty but that is an entirely different issue

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Grenadier Ordered
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
11:41 PM
Reaction score
I believe in a interview Ms Carter said that March of 24 their should be manuals for people to use. Now I don't know if it will be global or not. I could see the USA dealership pushing back or you can purchase through TOPIX.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I believe in an interview Ms Carter said that March of 24 their should be manuals for people to use. Now I don't know if it will be global or not. I could see the USA dealership pushing back or you can purchase through TOPIX.
Won‘t right to repair legislation trump the dealers?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It should but isn't right to repair a state by state fight
Yes I think so. But you have to imagine that if one state “wins” and IA has to release repair instructions, it could then be accessed by anyone.

ARF

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
Won‘t right to repair legislation trump the dealers?
Ineos not bound to Right to repair legislation in Aus as the vehicle is over 3500kg GVM and in the NB1 class.

Toklosh

Grenadier Ordered
Local time
Reaction score
To me, and for a number of reasons, if there is one vehicle for which access to Tech Data is essential, it is the Grenadier! Ineos initially acknowledged this need and promised owner access to the Workshop Manual. I ordered my Gren with that understanding. Disappointingly, our dealer has since confirmed that Tech Data will no longer be made available to owners. For our purpose this is a disqualifying change in the scope of supply, leaving us on the sideline for the time being. Our 35 year old Defender will be soldiering on for a while longer.

carlg007

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
To me, and for a number of reasons, if there is one vehicle for which access to Tech Data is essential, it is the Grenadier! Ineos initially acknowledged this need and promised owner access to the Workshop Manual. I ordered my Gren with that understanding. Disappointingly, our dealer has since confirmed that Tech Data will no longer be made available to owners. For our purpose this is a disqualifying change in the scope of supply, leaving us on the sideline for the time being. Our 35 year old Defender will be soldiering on for a while longer.
If what you were told is true than this is a breach in the fundamental concept of this project. I initially heard official spokes people from Ineos say that online work shop manuals would be available to the community of Grenadier owners and to independent work shops. I can't imagine how 19 franchise dealers are going to take care of all of the Grenadiers spread all across the country some more than hundreds of miles from the owners!

I would like to have an official response from Ineos concerning this situation and not just talk or hearsay from a dealer and I am in no way saying what you were told is not true!

I just think that Ineos needs to stop hiding and waiting and hoping people will forget what was initially promissed and be clear so we can make an informed purchase!

Christian

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:41 AM
Reaction score
For me, the openly accessible workshop manuals were also part of my purchase decision.
And the way INEOS has advertised the product, for me it is a guaranteed feature that has not been fulfilled.

Since individual emails obviously don't help, we could send something like an open letter to INEOS where we all sign who are interested or an open petition.

Back
Top Bottom