The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch true cost £4495 (UK)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:19 PM
Reaction score
I am getting the winch from the Factory because my 40kg Curly Coated Retriever lays against the rear door of the XC90 and he will do the same in the IG. It will be the counter to the winch. I am not sure if it will throw off the handling by 15kg, I will check with Ineos and see if they can adjust the suspension for his weight. This is just a concern for duck hunting, just general traveling my Flat Coated Retriever is 27kg. With both boys in the back (67kg), it will prolly be undriveable. I may have to switch to a Ford Bronco G6 😐.
Maybe you can counterweight the boys by a 50 kg lady on the hood. This would of course bring up the need of checker plate to bring in the stability (17 kg).
Oh, and you should not drive to fast to keep the balance!

Krabby

Global Grenadier 0076
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:19 PM
Reaction score
I am getting the winch from the Factory because my 40kg Curly Coated Retriever lays against the rear door of the XC90 and he will do the same in the IG. It will be the counter to the winch. I am not sure if it will throw off the handling by 15kg, I will check with Ineos and see if they can adjust the suspension for his weight. This is just a concern for duck hunting, just general traveling my Flat Coated Retriever is 27kg. With both boys in the back (67kg), it will prolly be undriveable. I may have to switch to a Ford Bronco G6 😐.
Luckily you're in the States - F350 SD might be your best bet ;)

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:19 AM
Reaction score
Maybe you can counterweight the boys by a 50 kg lady on the hood. This would of course bring up the need of checker plate to bring in the stability (17 kg).
Oh, and you should not drive to fast to keep the balance!
If she is happy to ride on the bonnet/hood it is possible she isn't a lady.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:19 PM
Reaction score
So Warn or whomever needs to make a tray that fits a common winch bolt pattern and as you say, there's our alternative.
I think once the vehicles and parts drawings are out in public, it will be easy for any fabrication shop to to pattern a cradle and drill the mounting holes to take a Warn or other make of winch; but the issue seems to be width, if you want it integrated ~ by which I mean hidden or sufficiently behind the front edge of the vehicle as to not impact pedestrian safety standards.

No existing winch, of a sufficient rated capacity, will fit between the chassis rails (or whatever else is the limiting factor behind the bumper). Thus Ineos went with a bespoke winch manufacturer that was happy to redesign from their existing range and come up with a workable solution.

The compromise seems to be a much shorter drum length. Red Winches standard winch line on their 6,000kg Explorer is 30m and 48m on their extended (+75mm).

Additionally, you loose "the famous RED Winch air brake system", which solves the issue with traditional winches of overrun.

But you do end up with a Swiss watch of a winch.

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think once the vehicles and parts drawings are out in public, it will be easy for any fabrication shop to to pattern a cradle and drill the mounting holes to take a Warn or other make of winch; but the issue seems to be width, if you want it integrated ~ by which I mean hidden or sufficiently behind the front edge of the vehicle as to not impact pedestrian safety standards.

No existing winch, of a sufficient rated capacity, will fit between the chassis rails (or whatever else is the limiting factor behind the bumper). Thus Ineos went with a bespoke winch manufacturer that was happy to redesign from their existing range and come up with a workable solution.

The compromise seems to be a much shorter drum length. Red Winches standard winch line on their 6,000kg Explorer is 30m and 48m on their extended (+75mm).

Additionally, you loose "the famous RED Winch air brake system", which solves the issue with traditional winches of overrun.

But you do end up with a Swiss watch of a winch.
@DCPU well stated. Plus what I hope a winch that passes Swiss homologation as pur pedestrian safety hurdles seem to be even higher than in EU.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Bonjour,
Sur mon DEF 90 SVX, j'ai installé un treuil TALON 12.5 d'un poids de 42 kg.
J'ai changé les ressorts par des BRIPART DA4202 pour une réhausse de 40 mm et une charge de 50 kg.
Avec les nouveaux ressorts, aucune différence de conduite.

1670396330686.png
20221206_Treuil DEF 90 SVX R.jpg

superwinch-talon-125i-12v-5670kg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom