The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Winch or not ?

Local time
8:32 AM
Reaction score
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Hi All
When I went for a test drive last week this was the plastic cover fitted over the winch which had to be removed with a screwdriver .
I consider this to be unacceptable to have to get out and remove 2 screws then place the cover/number plate down somewhere use the winch then put it all back , get covered in crap not good in the dark /cold .

Where has the flop up numberplate gone????

Guess what no one from Ineos had an answer.
View attachment 7794327
Thank you SO MUCH for this info. This helpled me deciding to untick the front winch option as I agree with you and don't like it either.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Thank you SO MUCH for this info. This helpled me deciding to untick the front winch option as I agree with you and don't like it either.

Even though I am only getting the front tow hitch, not the winch, I would also cancel it if we got that silly removable plastic bit
I am glad we are still getting the steel bumper and the hinged number plate.
Bar2.jpgBar3.jpgTow hitch.png

Local time
3:32 AM
Reaction score
I had confirmed today at the Melbourne drive day that ordering the winch does change the front bumper type, but also changes the front springs and struts.
By popular demand perhaps :)

Weight will sure add up with an upgraded steel bumper, winch, carrier and bison bar. Add in all your dirt roads and good deal on the suspension tweak (y)

Euro and USA (if ever happens) might be city soft. We'll see.

I do like that bar tho ...

Local time
12:32 AM
Reaction score
I've ordered with because it will give me more comfort to go solo. Never needed to use one because I usually don't go out in the deep wilds on my own and we can always just ropes.

Typically a rope and a shovel will get you far but the luxury of a winch is a piece of insurance I want to have.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:32 PM
Reaction score
Interesting use of the winch about 2:40 in
Not sure I would be standing where they are though.
Interesting track/lane but not much paint left on the vehicle sides after it

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:32 AM
Reaction score
Did not order one as there still are no weight details on my config. I am afraid counting kgs of my camper build very soon and touring in Europe never ended up in a winch need.

Will rather throw a removable rear winch into the boot for specific trips in the future than carry the additional weight on the front axle all the time.

But as everything other piece of equipment it is a matter of your personal utilisation.

Back
Top Bottom