The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Who is experiencing software or electrical gremlins?

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:55 AM
Reaction score
This just received from Ineos customer service in response to my list of minor errors:

We are awaiting an update to fix electrical issues like parking sensors, seat belts, and warning signals that pop up unexpectedly. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. The release of the update is expected in early September.”

So take from that what you will…

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:55 PM
Reaction score
Any details on this?
Brake pedal went soft on pressing in a mild hard stop all of a sudden, only driven for 4.5 days, around 160km only town driving. There was a click a bit like ABS kicking in then foot went to the floor. The brakes still worked but very soft pedal rather than the excellent brakes it started with. So I took it back to dealers (local BMW garage) just before closing yesterday. Mechanic had gone home but left it with the service team. Still waiting to hear back today (4PM), I called earlier but said they were still looking at it and would call me back.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like FORD is experiencing electrical gremlins.

The recall notice states that if the car’s battery drops below a certain level it can result in a software issue that causes the vehicle’s gear to shift into park at speeds below 6km/h.

Ford Ranger

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This just received from Ineos customer service in response to my list of minor errors:

We are awaiting an update to fix electrical issues like parking sensors, seat belts, and warning signals that pop up unexpectedly. I apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you. The release of the update is expected in early September.”

So take from that what you will…
In what year did they say?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like FORD is experiencing electrical gremlins.

The recall notice states that if the car’s battery drops below a certain level it can result in a software issue that causes the vehicle’s gear to shift into park at speeds below 6km/h.

Ford Ranger
The fact this is even possible is alarming... in any vehicle whatsoever. I read that today and had a good laugh at Ford. Which also means VW will be next to call it in.

Alprider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
Update on my last post, we are now in Barcelona. No further problems starting, )didn’t check any relays or fuses but thanks for the tip)
Odometer reset about 3 hours into the drive to read 0-0-0-0
TPMS rear right wheel high pressure alarm at 3.1bar all the other wheels reading about the same but only rear right alarming??
Petrol engine pulls well, average fuel economy 14K/100km at about 130kph on the motorway.
This is a 4000km round trip to Farò and back, will post any further gremlins!
Back home now, 4200km round trip. No gremlins, A/C was freezing even in 45 C heat!
Battery’s maintained full charge, TPMS worked after the initial high pressure alarm, so all good in my opinion! (See another thread for the fuel economy 😮)

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Doctors garage on YouTube
The interesting bit of this video is the fact Ineos are not on their own in being bad at communication. JLR are a very established brand with a loyal following despite reliability, chronic spares shortages and lack of communication. Thankfully, judging by this forum and others, our problems are definitely no worse than other manufactures.

View: https://youtu.be/5PvSxhZEJHs?si=cKeNwf1KgyyU6WWa

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
On September 3, after some hours driving and a stop of half an hour, my car didn't fire. @Blackbox88 suggested that I put the sound file in SoundCloud, with a link to the file.

This was the sound, click here.

Apparently @Alprider had a similar problem on August 19.
I don't know if it was the waiting, or the fact that I pushed down all the fuses and relays, but I could start the car after about half an hour standstill.

Any comments are welcome.
[EDITED] Reading this thread again, I see that @Shaky suggested on August 20 to push all the relays and fuses in! I knew during standstill that somebody wrote something like that on the forum, therefore that was the reason I did it. So thanks for the suggestion!

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Certainly sounds like the starter motor is spinning fast.

There's a background bonging. Is that normal for you or was that letting you know something needed attending to first?

Reactions: PBD

Alprider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
On September 3, after some hours driving and a stop of half an hour, my car didn't fire. @Blackbox88 suggested that I put the sound file in SoundCloud, with a link to the file.

I don't know if it was the waiting, or the fact that I pushed down all the fuses and relays, but I could start the car after about half an hour standstill.

[EDITED] Reading this thread again, I see that @Shaky suggested on August 20 to push all the relays and fuses in! I knew during standstill that somebody wrote something like that on the forum, therefore that was the reason I did it. So thanks for the suggestion!
Sounds familiar Jean, thankfully it’s not been repeated since.. 🤞
No pushing of fuses in my case though, just 20-30min nervous wait 🤷‍♂️

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Certainly sounds like the starter motor is spinning fast.

There's a background bonging. Is that normal for you or was that letting you know something needed attending to first?
The bonging was normal, I didn't wait for all the testing to finish when I made the recording.

Local time
3:55 AM
Reaction score
OK, I just had an epiphany. We all need to buy a second Grenadier and a trailer to haul our other Grenadier to the dealer for repair. Please don't order your second Grenadier until I get my production build date on my first Grenadier. DaBull
Back in the day a friend's physicist father bought two Jaguar 3.8 saloons... and registered them as one car. He drove one until it went wheels up (for Lucas or other reasons), sent that one off to the mechanic, switched the license plates to the reserve Jag and drove that one until the reserve one went wheels up. Rinse and repeat.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Back in the day a friend's physicist father bought two Jaguar 3.8 saloons... and registered them as one car. He drove one until it went wheels up (for Lucas or other reasons), sent that one off to the mechanic, switched the license plates to the reserve Jag and drove that one until the reserve one went wheels up. Rinse and repeat.
I knew a plant hire company who had a number of excavators with the same vehicle registration number. When I asked about them he said, do you think a policeman can tell one excavator from another 🤣🤣

Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score

Uhmm thinking could it been the fuse/relay for the fuel pump, the starter motor sounds healthy running fast.
I don't know if it is possible but next time it happens take the bougie out and see if they are sparking, else it could have been the fuse/relay for spark plugs.
Just throwing wild things out there

Thinking back to my old Triumph Daytona T595 which stopped working on the drive home after we bought it on one of the busiest streets in Den Haag in burning sun.
It was non stop overheating so kept shutting down, gave us a reason to speed to keep the engine cool :D
Ended up being a shitty relay which was a known issue we found out later, swapped the relay no more problems!

Local time
Reaction score
The Doctors garage on YouTube
The interesting bit of this video is the fact Ineos are not on their own in being bad at communication. JLR are a very established brand with a loyal following despite reliability, chronic spares shortages and lack of communication. Thankfully, judging by this forum and others, our problems are definitely no worse than other manufactures.

View: https://youtu.be/5PvSxhZEJHs?si=cKeNwf1KgyyU6WWa
Interesting comment, he state’s communication has been fantastic, he also states there is no better car when it’s behaving, he also states he can’t wait to get back into a Disco
The only take away is that LR refuse to take a part off the production line, what a simple solution to keep a customer happy, take it of the end of the production line and kick the can down the road would have been my thought and when the hell will LR fix their reliability and make the world’s best car

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Uhmm thinking could it been the fuse/relay for the fuel pump, the starter motor sounds healthy running fast.
Yes, that's what I think: next time it happens I will first push down "interesting" fuses and relays one by one and try to start the motor after each "push down".

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It would be good to get it plugged into the Ineos diagnostic tool and see if there's any fault codes relating to the immobiliser failing a handshake or something similar.

Local time
2:55 PM
Reaction score
Yes, that's what I think: next time it happens I will first push down "interesting" fuses and relays one by one and try to start the motor after each "push down".
Yeah might be tedious work but hopefully it will help finding out which is the culprit and then the more important question why is it popping out.

It would be good to get it plugged into the Ineos diagnostic tool and see if there's any fault codes relating to the immobiliser failing a handshake or something similar.
Would be nice if something like that is available for consumers or any other OBD tool on the private market but i guess we still have to wait.
Maybe INEOS can beside the 3d workshop manuals also sell Diagnostics SW to read out the faults for not a too high price.
This should help with the help owners repair out in the bush

Back
Top Bottom